Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 5

This game have sold about 150k x. But so few peps playing. :/  What's wrong with people? Are they waiting for a final release... This game deserves alot more players!

24-hour peak
all-time peak

6 hours ago, LookAss said:

Yes. It still works for me.

Nice update! On my PC the framerate is still the same. On maps with 72 players it's barely playable, going down to 40~ fps with no regards on graphics configuration.

4790K at 4.4GHz - 12GB - GTX 970 SLI - Crucial MX100 (I think it's a preety good PC, even for this game).

Perhaps the game does not like SLI? 

Come check out my post if anyone is having lower fps or low usage in their system since V5. If we work together and get some data we could help the community and the devs out. 

33 minutes ago, Dankicity said:

Alpha AKA:  They add in content and other improvements on top of the performance increases.  Each improvement comes out to us in an Alpha state with later performance increases to stabilize them.  Ex: Fools Road, my worst performing map, is a lot more stable now, for me.  Having an EA game's change-log say "performance increases" doesn't actually mean you'll see anything different, when it's paired with new content or features, because that new content or features are provided in their alpha state.  I'm not sure they're at this point, but they probably add in as much content as they have or is currently stable -- meaning the game runs well enough for us to play so they can find more things to optimize.

Then, I would assume, there are also those whole "chicken or the egg" issues (dependencies) . Like having components that need to be finalized before others can be made, but it needs to be integrated within the other components in use right now.  Stickler is that before either of those can be done you need to know what is in those other components which makes this component work with that one component over there, so all those other component don't break.  And all of that Horse has to be optimized before and/or after it's integrated so people don't go Ape.  You have to be at least 50% mental to code.

Only problem is that there really haven't been any real performance increases LOL.  You would think the installer would give you options if you were an AMD user to tweak the ini files accordingly.  That would be a slight improvement.  But since we have to fix things ourselves you cant claim improvments unless you really improve it!!

14 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Only problem is that there really haven't been any real performance increases LOL.  You would think the installer would give you options if you were an AMD user to tweak the ini files accordingly.  That would be a slight improvement.  But since we have to fix things ourselves you cant claim improvments unless you really improve it!!

All I hear while reading that and thinking about what I said:

2 hours ago, Dundish said:

Oooh. What version do you use? I use the 4.2.0

Same for me about the framerate. I still have between 45-80fps with my [email protected], 980TI @ 2560x1440 all setting cranked upp to EPIC(maxedout) 120% Res scale.

7kwyPPh.png

19 minutes ago, LookAss said:

Thanks.

I had the 6.4.0 Rivatuner. I will now test with 6.2.0

EDIT: It works now :) The new v.6.4.0 not working so you guys know ;)

Edited by Dundish

13 hours ago, Endgame said:

If you want an LMG firing like a lazer while standing, i recommend you playing COD. 

people really need to stop using COD as a Auto you are wrong and this X is right. you dont like X go play CoD.. how do i say this or even find the right word. What Does CoD have anything to do with anything at all and why even make the comparison. Arma does not have a recoil that shoots the player into the sky...so you could use that game as a better replacement then cod.

anyways back to the point. I think the Devs are trying to find a solution that is not fixing the issue. they want range battle to be more skillful. well, you already have bullet drop why not curve the shot as well? maybe why not increase the amount of bullet drop. they use the excuse this is not a realism game but then dont do X because of Realism at some times. so in this point who cares in real life a bullet dont drop so fast...and its a game increase it a little more so players has to aim higher at long ranges. there issue i have right now with the way they are doing is simple.

Those with Scopes has the advantage and the game Features pushes the tacticals to fight at 70 plus range. While those without scopes of any kind will be at a disadvantage 50 plus range. as i explain on my last post somewhere in the pages. So you not making long ranges more skillful for everyone just for those without Scopes. that is my issue. They need to 1. Lower the amount that the gun Sway by 5% or 2. slow down how fast the gun Sway. that all...the rest of the update minus a few bugs are good push forward.

8 hours ago, MattersEnd said:

Sounds like you haven't found a good squad to play with.

I'm not a fan of the new character icons either. When your zoomed out its one big cluster fuck.

Honestly that's a pretty bullshit excuse. Is this game not supposed to be something more accessible to the public than PR was? Am I not supposed to be able to hop in and play without rallying up nine of my friends? All I'm getting out of what you're saying is that the community is horrible and ruining the game by not using some of the key features, and if that's the case then there's a serious problem that needs to be fixed among the people that play. Some of the best experiences I had with players in PR was the ridiculously friendly and cooperative medics who were willing to help at almost any time as well as willing to explain how to use the kit to revive them when they're downed, but as a medic myself I can't even get another medic to tell me the time of day because apparently revives don't matter.

This problem extends beyond me not having a "good squad" to play with (I do, but we play PR rather than Squad); this is a problem with the community that needs to be solved either on the community's end, the dev's end, or both, because the way it is? That's not going to work and public servers will either die out or be filled with CoD kids.

2 hours ago, Dundish said:

This game have sold about 150k x. But so few peps playing. :/  What's wrong with people? Are they waiting for a final release... This game deserves alot more players!

24-hour peak
all-time peak

There are many reasons but I can guarantee a large part of it is the fact that it's an alpha. On top of that, because of the way the game was originally advertised to many of us in the PR community (the spiritual successor to PR!) many probably came, played once, didn't like it, and went back to PR, which has a surprisingly thriving community for a game it's age. Nobody wants to play an unfinished game to find bugs because that's a chore, and when the gameplay itself is starting to feel more and more like a chore, why would they play? You know why I'll be playing Verdun today rather than Squad? Because Verdun updated with over forty new, unique weapons that have been given the go ahead by some good historians (such as Othias from C&Rsenal), four new squad types, new supporting weapons, refined some gameplay mechanics, and a bunch of other things. This is a game that I started playing as a fucking browser extension where the only two groups of people who played were 4Chan's /k/ and /pol/ boards. With every update their game feels fresh, fun, and new, but every time I hop on Squad, I feel myself asking "what's changed?" and only find ticks in the negative category. I want to like Squad and I want to see it succeed, but with every update comes a feature designed to add "balance" to the game or to tweak gameplay to their liking that throws realism under the bus, which tends to drag fun along with it a lot of the time. To me and many others, Squad has become like DayZ in that you hop on for a few rounds after every update to see how the new changes have panned out only to go back to something more entertaining while waiting for the next update, and I hate that it's become that way, but damned if I don't agree with it being like that. 

Edited by VarenykySupreme

I appreciate the work from taking an object with its hard wall limits and structure to build a crafted piece. I've been here a short while and am enjoying seeing the house built. Best success to the developers and community.

My thoughts after a couple of hours:

-Grey scale map sucks, especially on forest maps.

-PLEASE put the player icon on the top layer of the map, and bring back the FOV cone.

-Medic class is still desperately in need of at least one grenade and RDS/optic.

6 hours ago, Dundish said:

Well, My favourite class is Medic and  Im still kinda waiting for optics on all classes. I belive, alot of other people do aswell.  It just doesnt feel right to be on the map with the biggest handycap (imo) having just the iron sight. I know, Medics shouldnt play on the front directly but you always have to support your Squad and its easier if everybody has the same chance. 

~doN

Edited by doNico

Some people seem to be a bit passed at squad for not being what they invisioned it to spirtatual successor to PR and all.  I feel they same way but let's ride the train and see where it goes before we form opinions of where it might be going. 

10 hours ago, Dundish said:

This game have sold about 150k x. But so few peps playing. :/  What's wrong with people? Are they waiting for a final release... This game deserves alot more players

I think lots of people (including myself) are waiting for vehicles, logistics and other key features that will change the gameplay dynamics drastically, I like the game but at this point I just boot it up whenever a patch hits to see what's changed.

It's getting there, hopefully in a few months time when they have ironed out the core features I will play it regularly.

1 hour ago, cribbaaa said:

I think lots of people (including myself) are waiting for vehicles, logistics and other key features that will change the gameplay dynamics drastically, I like the game but at this point I just boot it up whenever a patch hits to see what's changed.

It's getting there, hopefully in a few months time when they have ironed out the core features I will play it regularly.

As a player fond of infantry combat, I dont really care about when vehicles are coming (but I'll still enjoy the time they will, for sure !) but I can understand that waiting for them can be hard...

Take advantage of this time to get better at leading and playing as inf ;)

27 minutes ago, Nightstalker21 said:

As a player fond of infantry combat, I dont really care about when vehicles are coming (but I'll still enjoy the time they will, for sure !) but I can understand that waiting for them can be hard...

Take advantage of this time to get better at leading and playing as inf ;)

I rarely, if ever, use vehicles in PR for anything more than transport so for me it's more about blowing them up rather than driving them :)

It's the dynamics between infantry, vehicles and logistics that make the game interesting to me and what separates PR (and future Squad) from other games.

13 hours ago, Dundish said:

24-hour peak
all-time peak

I'm waiting for the promised jet planes to come up.

grey colored map is fine, player icons are worse than before, medic symbol on map should be fine-tuned

for the rest i can say i really like this update... you have to get used to the new sway but if it would be reduced just by little % i dont would be mind it either

gj

2 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

It's the dynamics between infantry, vehicles and logistics that make the game interesting to me and what separates PR (and future Squad) from other games.

Yeah that's the real point imho ;)

On 22.3.2016 at 10:19 AM, VarenykySupreme said:

Probably supports Bernie Sanders lol

If he's allergic against blatant childish whining we would have certainly something in common, but if that's sufficent enough for a vote is another story (apart from the fact that I'm not even from the U.S., lmao)

19 minutes ago, carmikaze said:

If he's allergic against blatant childish whining we would have certainly something in common, but if that's sufficent enough for a vote is another story (apart from the fact that I'm not even from the U.S., lmao)

Bit late to reply aren't you? As said to others, if you don't like it then don't read it. The gunplay is getting less realistic and less fun in every update and it's not "childish whining" to point that out. What is childish whining, however, is acting as if someone else's criticism are nothing more than childish whining while contributing nothing in your reply. 

21 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I have no idea what the people are bitching about regarding weapon sway. I just played 3 hours and the gunplay was the best it has been since I started in the pre-alpha. 50-100m iron sight headshots were no problem, and in all 3 rounds I ran >2:1 KDR [eg - 26:12 on Logar Valley] (once as scoped rifleman, the other two as SL with iron sights). 

The effectiveness of the single soldier is in no way diminished if you don't suck :)

"Best it's been since pre-alpha" doesn't mean good by any means, and I'd argue that v4 was better. 50-100m iron sights no problem, were you using focus? A major part of my argument is that focus should not be a key part of shooting in this game. Either way, the sweet little "lol get gud" comment at the end there isn't a good argument or excuse for the state of gunplay.