Chuc

Alpha 5 Released

Alpha 5.3 Hotfix is going live

• Fixed an issue where connections would not be cleaned up properly when the player timed out, leaving them in the server for longer than they should be.  

This is your big update i guess ? :D @Switch0r

2 hours ago, RoyAwesome said:

• Fixed an issue where connections would not be cleaned up properly when the player timed out, leaving them in the server for longer than they should be.  

Why post about an update to the game on this thread, surely it would be better to keep each update on a seperate thread and also maybe post about it in the server administartion area so that people can find out about the details easier and for those that run the servers we can get the subscription email from that forum rather than having to subscribe to one that will just spam us?

On 4/25/2016 at 10:43 AM, Switch0r said:

I expect a big update tomorrow :P

2 hours ago, RoyAwesome said:

blownaway.gif

THE MOST ANTICIPATED AND BIGGEST UPDATE HAS ARRIVED!

UPGRADE THE FORUM STATUS IMMEDIATELY!

33 minutes ago, BearBison said:

Why post about an update to the game on this thread, surely it would be better to keep each update on a seperate thread and also maybe post about it in the server administartion area so that people can find out about the details easier and for those that run the servers we can get the subscription email from that forum rather than having to subscribe to one that will just spam us?

I would actually get angry if they made a separate thread for the 5.3 update! :D too small to be considered.

1 hour ago, Ingram said:

THE MOST ANTICIPATED AND BIGGEST UPDATE HAS ARRIVED!

I like the Kerbal Space Program patch 1.1 update more.

Where is our AMD CPU support? I know it takes time to implement something like this into the engine itself, but unless it's already a priority you are fucking over at least half of your fanbase. Get this in ASAP. For the love of god.

Where the FUCK is our AMD CPU support? I know it takes time to implement something like this into the engine itself, but unless it's already a priority you are fucking over at least half of your fanbase. Get this in ASAP. For the love of god.

Clam down dude. Do you know how to program?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I don't wanna sound curt but why is a hotfix labeled as 5.X? You pushed out 1 fix, I'd think it would be 5.2.1 or something along those lines.

I was excited for a new patch when I saw 5.3...

19 minutes ago, Mycelus said:

I don't wanna sound curt but why is a hotfix labeled as 5.X? You pushed out 1 fix, I'd think it would be 5.2.1 or something along those lines.

I was excited for a new patch when I saw 5.3...

Versions are Alpha 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ...

really small patches and hotfixes are .1 .2 .3 . ...

No need to go deeper than that.

The 5.2 patch had similar amount of content as 5.3:

Systems

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue where if your first action after spawning was Prone, you'd enter an invalid state.
    • Fixed a cleanup issue with the RichText widget.
    • Fixed an issue where sway was influenced by FPS.  
    • Fixed an exploit where players could disable particles.

BugFixes.

Fixed an issue where sway was influenced by FPS.... I mean i really couldn't notice the FPS is that low on GTX980..............................

OSD(On Screen Display) will not work since 5.3. Either Steam fps counter or Afterburner osd.

Maybe someone has a solution for this?

Edited by Dundish

1 hour ago, Nate said:

Versions are Alpha 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ...

really small patches and hotfixes are .1 .2 .3 . ...

No need to go deeper than that.

The 5.2 patch had similar amount of content as 5.3:

Systems

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue where if your first action after spawning was Prone, you'd enter an invalid state.
    • Fixed a cleanup issue with the RichText widget.
    • Fixed an issue where sway was influenced by FPS.  
    • Fixed an exploit where players could disable particles.

Right, sounds good.

I love this game, but I was expecting more once it reached Early Access in the way of more frequent content updates. I see the same people on every time, the player count is extremely low. Also, the few times I come across a new player the first thing they say "Where is the vehicles?" after I tell them they are not in yet and may be quite some time away they complain (rightly so!) that they were advertised in the Steam description of the game.  'include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay' I never see them again, and I'm pretty sure they will forget Squad even exists soon enough, dont count on everybody returning.  

Know where does it say that they are not in the game yet. Why must updates be done so infrequently? Why cant you update when features are complete? When I was playing Ark they were updating every day often with new features. It can be done.

I was just talking about this but down in off topic as this is a very common EA thing. 

Is there like a way I can see what's being worked on? Discord does an amazing job of letting its users now what features are coming and whatnot, yet with Squad I feel like there's just gonna be a buncha hotfixes till 6.0.

4 hours ago, Scotty Dont NZ said:

I'd rather have the Devs taking their time while they flesh out features instead of rushing and releasing bugged, unenjoyable content.

If they would rush content and it would turn out bugged as expected, I bet you'd be the first one to complain.

This "always now" mentality is cancer.

You people must be forgot that the game is in Alpha stage although our devs set a very high bar for the definition of "Alpha" you still expecting to get full retail experience of a game that is currently at Alpha phase. If you are not happy with rate of development or about the lack of new content and patches releasing every single day, Please do a better research next time you decide to pledge your money into EA/Alpha/KS project to make a more smart and educated decision before buying and to adjust your level of expectations accordingly.   

I wish the devs would hurry up with the vehicles, it's not like I really want them for myself, but it will be a nice change in the forums once the people stop complaining about the absence of vehicles and start complaining about the vehicles themselves.

I can almost see the flood of threads already

"Vehicle shoots bullets, nerf vehicle."

"Vehicle killed me by running me over, make it so it deletes your steam account when you try to drive over infantry."

"Too many RPGs everywhere, only 1 RPG per team pls"

"I drove my vehicle over a mine, devs remove mines from the game pls."

"Too many vehicles in the game, refund pls."

And that one, constant little voice in the back which never really changes

"Gimme snipers plox"

It's going to be glorious:ph34r:

Edited by MultiSquid

10 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

I wish the devs would hurry up with the vehicles, it's not like I really want them for myself, but it will be a nice change in the forums once the people stop complaining about the absence of vehicles and start complaining about the vehicles themselves.

I can almost see the flood of threads already

"Vehicle shoots bullets, nerf vehicle."

"Vehicle killed me by running me over, make it so it deletes your steam account when you try to drive over infantry."

"Too many RPGs everywhere, only 1 RPG per team pls"

"I drove my vehicle over a mine, devs remove mines from the game pls."

"Too many vehicles in the game, refund pls."

And that one, constant little voice in the back which never really changes

"Gimme snipers plox"

It's going to be glorious:ph34r:

Haha that made me laugh :D

5 hours ago, Scotty Dont NZ said:

I love this game, but I was expecting more once it reached Early Access in the way of more frequent content updates...

Where is the button that the devs can press that will magically add content/fix bugs instantly?!

13 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Where is the button that the devs can press that will magically add content/fix bugs instantly?!

I think that mr. Obama knows where it is atm.