Chuc

Alpha 5 Released

13 minutes ago, Boxknife said:

When motion blur is enabled, there are graphical artifacts around the weapon when looking left and right, this fixed?

disable motion blur.. its not working currently. 

1 minute ago, IrOnTaXi said:

disable motion blur.. its not working currently. 

Has AA quality been improved? So everything isn't as blurry 

Edited by LMR Sahara

On 3/19/2016 at 6:32 PM, Chuc said:
  • Updated sway values for most weapons. Optics and iron sights have slightly different values to account for magnification. Speed and horizontal “randomization” sway has been increased to more accurately represent and convey the appropriate target acquisition timing desired. Managing combat stances should be more desirable, more effective, and medium to long range fire will potentially require more effort, especially in the standing.
  • Updated focus time by 5 seconds to account for potentially higher difficulty in firing with updated sway values.

Great, so basically to be able to hit anything beyond 50m you're going to have to press the unrealistic, stupid focus button and crouch rather than just being able to shoot? Sorry, but that's pants-on-head retarded. The focus feature is something that shouldn't be in the game at all, let alone something that should be necessary to actually hit anything. Increasing the length of time that you can use focus for doesn't make up for a shitty shooting mechanic.

• Fixed Russian AK optic having too much magnification
  • Adjusted all magnified optics to more accurately represent their realistic values in-game using a magnification to FOV calculation.
  • Added new radial blur to all weapons with optics.
  • The area around magnified optics has been darkened with a slight, soft blur to bring more focus into optic itself.

Honestly these are the only things I'm excited about. Other than that, the majority of these changes aren't bad but they're nothing that gets me giddy. Too bad a few really shitty changes made their way in, especially in such a key element of the game.

I would really like to know what the updated bleed and ticket loss is from a dev. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Great, so basically to be able to hit anything beyond 50m you're going to have to press the unrealistic, stupid focus button and crouch rather than just being able to shoot? Sorry, but that's pants-on-head retarded. The focus feature is something that shouldn't be in the game at all, let alone something that should be necessary to actually hit anything. Increasing the length of time that you can use focus for doesn't make up for a shitty shooting mechanic

I'd agree. The focus should be a supplement rather than a requirement. We'll have to see how it translates when we play it.

- Modified decompression for Audio which should help with performance.

Has this fixed the heavy fps drops sometimes when a explosion happens?

YAY!!!!!!

Chora and First light are my 2 favorite maps and it seems like they keep getting better and beter!

Congratulations on the upcoming release!
A solid and stable update is what really needed.

Edited by Houndeye

On 19/03/2016 at 7:32 PM, Chuc said:
  • Updated sway values for most weapons. Optics and iron sights have slightly different values to account for magnification. Speed and horizontal “randomization” sway has been increased to more accurately represent and convey the appropriate target acquisition timing desired. Managing combat stances should be more desirable, more effective, and medium to long range fire will potentially require more effort, especially in the standing.
  • Updated focus time by 5 seconds to account for potentially higher difficulty in firing with updated sway values.

Brace yourselves, whinners are coming...

Edited by Zenrique
grammar nazi deflection shield up!

On 3/19/2016 at 11:32 PM, Chuc said:

• Updated cannabis plants

So... I guess i'm just going to ask what everyone else is thinking - Can we burn one down now or is that maybe for the BETA-version? Great Job with the game so far. Cheers

Damn! I've been looking forward to this patch for a long time - now as it gets released im on vacation -.-

You guys have some fun out there! I''ll be joining asap! ;)

I was in the test. For close quarters / city engagements the sway is noticeable but not a hindrance. If you want to hit 100-400m then focusing would help but if you're patient I wouldn't say it's required. Even then, this is a slower paced game that isn't designed with running and gunning in mind. Even an experienced shooter has to take a moment and think about his shot if it's a decent distance away.

2 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

99520_273681_stoned_dude_591w.jpg

On 3/19/2016 at 3:32 PM, Chuc said:

Updated cannabis plants

Does this mean BUDS?  HUGE COLAS??  :D