Chuc

Alpha 5 Released

55 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Another problem that I believe needs to be addressed quickly is the medical system. Maybe ... you can't call for medics or because of bad teamwork or ... I can say that I was not revived once regardless of how many times I died. ... Maybe the community isn't capable of using it; I don't know ... I was on three different servers and not a single time was I revived

... Too many times when trying to heal today did I fumble between the two and end up dying or having someone else die because the slow process.

That's your pick of squads and/or playing with a beginner medic -- in most other games the medic is your best bet for a starter kit since you can heal yourself and Fk the other people.  If you can't find a SL that controls their units then make one and be that guy.

They just added expanded icons for showing your selection.  Press key, wait a sec... if its not what you want... pressit again.  Not that hard.  For the number of things it solves in consistency, I don't see devs changing this one any time soon.  However,  there may be room for an additional option that lets us switch to a "open" and "confirm" binding.  Ex. press 6 to show bandage options and press 1-0 to make a sub selection.

Edited by Dankicity

dont like the new map icons... dont like the oversized UI font... the grey colored map.. hmm ok i would take it but its not better than the old variant.... sway is little bit too much... recoil on some weapons maybe too much... but i would prefer stay with the recoil and reduce the sway at least a little bit down again for the next update...

and btw the ACOG feels weird even in this update... before it had a lower sensitivity, not it feels like it has a higher???!?! i dont get it whats wrong with the ACOG tbh

Edited by S0NNy

Does anyone playing as a medic feels that their map is a Christmas threes xP.

I think the red icon should only be shown for your squad mate. Also with the new medic icons. You can see a squad been wiped and deducted enemy position without any means of communication. Also now you don't need to communicate when playing as a medic as you don't have to rely on your down teammate to give their position.

=> getting more battlefieldesque.

I know if still wip, just giving some feedback

33 minutes ago, CMBelite-FR said:

I think the red icon should only be shown for your squad mate. Also with the new medic icons. You can see a squad been wiped and deducted enemy position without any means of communication. Also now you don't need to communicate when playing as a medic as you don't have to rely on your down teammate to give their position.

Agreed. To much info on the map. You cannot separate own downed squad members from the other squads members. Also you cannot separate down medic or SL from other own downed members. So basically it does not work unless SL or medic is the only downed person.

52 minutes ago, CMBelite-FR said:

Jingle Bells Jingle ... just kidding.

I like the new Infos on the Map but is the 3d Medic HUD necessary ? i really like it if the medic and the patient talk local to found each other.

Yesterday i oversee my mate behind a small wall and asked him via local where are you.

10 hours ago, Kopets said:

Judging by recoil, all wepons now use .50cal with a paper bullet. Seriously, it looks like i am shooting from a tank, when my scope goes to the skies after each shot.

I personally like the new sway and recoil. Just learn/train how to control the recoil of each weapon and use a low sensivity for better adaption.

If you want an LMG firing like a lazer while standing, i recommend you playing COD. 

Edited by Endgame
Forgott something to add.

21 minutes ago, CMBelite-FR said:

Haha yeah, I almost started dancing in my chair yesterday when, just 100m north of my position, an entire squad from my team went down. It was a mighty fine line of blinking lights pulsing in a euphoric interchange of patterns on my otherwise not-so-colourful, gravely serious, stern looking map... And everytime I took up my map it felt like a rave-party as I was trying and struggling to see my own position and direction with all these blinking lights and green arrows swinging about - and I don't like rave-parties, so it became very annoying in the end. So, anyhow,  it was in a sense christmas, because that rave-party 100m north of me just revealed the enemy location for us.

Now, I'm not sure if I feel that the map should distinguish whether anybody needs medical aid at all. I think I liked it more before. Of course, I can see the benefits of the new version, but some of those benefits also break the emphasis of communication. As a non-medic, I no longer need to  actively communicate my position if I get downed and so most of the pressure is now put on the medic (whom is already quite pressured) to look at the map and come get me up. But if we absolutely must have these distinctions, then a simple red-dot would do, not lazer-lights. In the end, if you'd ask me, I'd personally enjoy not being able to communicate to the living at all if I'd get downed (or only while and if one's health was still above 75% during the bleed-out).

2 hours ago, BrossParavoss said:

DEVs can't predetermine gamers behaviors. Do you wish to add banner at medic's screen, which loud for medic: "Hey, bastard! Some guy need your help! Move out!"?

You're right, but there are things they can do to make the life of a medic easier, such as adding back the call medic button from Project Reality. As it currently stands you see everyone who is wounded or down on the map, which is a bit too much information in my opinion. I prefer the way it was done in PR that doesn't clutter up the map and ends up with more people just yelling in public chat in hopes the medic will hear them. Hopefully they will add back the medic calling button and hell, maybe even make it something that is said publicly that can help guide you to a player's body. 

2 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

This problem belongs to the weaker aspect of Squad gameplay, to the community. Players can't fixed even if devs would implement target marker for medics.

If the devs manage to attract PR players over I don't see it being a problem, but if not there's a massive problem on hand. That kit is integral to the well being of a team and as it stands now very few people seem to want to play it because of the dev's statement that the kit is specifically designed so as not to be enticing to use in a firefight. 

2 hours ago, Bl4ckP4nth3r said:

To bad you experienced that. Most servers I play on I even have medics detached to get medics from other squads up or I ask them for support to get mine back up. Doesn't work always, but mostly does. Depends a lot on playstyle and leadstyle.

Weapons handling is ok for me. Not to realistic but I can still (easliy) pick off people at range when in stance without scope.

I don't remember what three servers I played on today but they were all a mess for the time that I was online. There was borderline no communication for both AAS and Insurgency overall, which went down all the way through the ranks and is a problem of the playerbase more than the actual role, though the way the role is setup is a bit of a problem as well. 

The gunplay is less playable than it was but is still playable overall, though as I've said before I dislike it as a choice and think there are many better options that could be made to keep realism while also making the game more fun to play and slowing down combat. That being said, I didn't play a single round on the American team this time around and stuck with the AKs as they've proven to be much more tame and realistic weapons than the M4 and M4A1 in this game. 

2 hours ago, JarryHead said:

Well, how long do you usually wait for a medic?

Depends on my first three times being downed. For the first three times I'll wait until the bleed out timer, and if nothing is done by then then I just respawn because it's pretty clear that medics aren't doing their jobs. I don't run out in the open in stupid areas where it's impossible to get me, but I just don't seem to get revived, which I'm sure is a mix of inexperienced medics and a playerbase that is all too willing to respawn as the game is much less cruel with the respawn and kit timers than PR was. 

9 minutes ago, Endgame said:

I personally like the new sway and recoil. Just learn/train how to control the recoil of each weapon and use a low sensivity for better adaption.

If you want an LMG firing like a lazer while standing, i recommend you playing COD. 

Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone does, and personally I along with others really dislike it and what it forebodes for the future sacrifice of realism for easier methods of implementing "features" and stuff in the game. I want all my guns to fire like lasers up until the point where bullets start to drop, unless of course the devs want to properly implement a ballistic curve that sees the bullet going upward out of the barrel before travelling back downward. I don't want to see LMGs super controllable (unless they are in real life) from the standing position, but I sure as hell think something is messed up when the M249 feels tamer standing up than the M4A1 on full auto.

If you want a cone of fire on a gun, I suggest you go play CoD. If you want out of whack recoil, you're right at home. 

Edited by VarenykySupreme

I dont really like the greyscale map it doesnt feel right otherwise the map is great.. The chat is wierd when people post long messages and connects/disconnects way too big area of the screen in use when people spamming messages... Does pressing alt key effect the walking speed when ads i didnt notice any effect to weapon sway when doing so or whats the purpose with walking speed the noise? i would like to use that in combat when ads?

denver-very-guilty-dog.jpg 

I don't like the new UI. Icons look wacky and cluttered.

Medic icons on the map discourage communication.

And on screen text is too big.

Edited by SgtSalty

1 minute ago, VarenykySupreme said:

the game is much less cruel with the respawn and kit timers than PR was. 

I'd wish the respawn timers were a tad higher. And more so if you give up, it should really be felt a bit more than it does now. Because, as it stands, there's very little fear in giving up.

Just now, Lutz_Persn said:

I'd wish the respawn timers were a tad higher. And more so if you give up, it should really be felt a bit more than it does now. Because, as it stands, there's very little fear in giving up.

Pretty much. I like how it seemed most of the time in PR like it was 30 seconds to a minute on average with massive wait times for the deadlier kits like grenadier and LAT. As it is now there's little incentive not to give up, which sucks because it makes playing as a medic harder. Why pick a class that's less suited for combat if people won't even let you do your job?

I prefer the previous (coloured) map.

I feel different colours of player icons would suffice in showing their wounded status; blinking is really too much.

The player icon isn't always on top (I know it should be), making it hard to see which direction you're facing. The previous solution of a 'line of sight cone' was pretty nice.

ACOGs and SVD's now jitter for me, that's a bit annoying (not talking about sway).

I like the changes to kohat radio tower and the control point capture ticket change. Games seem to last a bit longer.

Many bugs are fixed, some are still in, and as far as I know you're aware of them. Keep up the good work. :-)

3 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Pretty much. I like how it seemed most of the time in PR like it was 30 seconds to a minute on average with massive wait times for the deadlier kits like grenadier and LAT. As it is now there's little incentive not to give up, which sucks because it makes playing as a medic harder. Why pick a class that's less suited for combat if people won't even let you do your job?

Yeah, those kits which are more advanced or expensive or deadlier should have a deadlier wait time as well, it'd make you guard the value of that kit/role more and so in turn your own life-ticket. And voilà, the medics will have a job again, haha!

Like :
Framerate
Grey Map
Squad in general

Dislike :
Yellow arrow - gets hidden underneath and I prefer the vision cone in older build
Text Chat - It's huge and way to big
People never defend
Still invisible weapons glitch - People running around with no weapons
conncts and disconnects message - not needed as it adds more clutter

Wishlist:
Death nades - If i throw a nade then get shot, nade should still explode, or if cooked and im shot drop it.. boom.
Drop rockets - after i fire, I should be able to instantly drop the tube (mlaw) constantly dying becasue on long animation.

Edited by Para

I wish to say: thanks for FPS rising ))) It's playable now, even for AMD users. 3 rounds in a row I don't have ANY lag or freeze. I went to bed very glad.

Anyone got Afterburner-Rivatuner "On-Screen Display" working, with the new patch?

Edited by Dundish

36 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

I want all my guns to fire like lasers up until the point where bullets start to drop, unless of course the devs want to properly implement a ballistic curve that sees the bullet going upward out of the barrel before travelling back downward. I don't want to see LMGs super controllable (unless they are in real life) from the standing position, but I sure as hell think something is messed up when the M249 feels tamer standing up than the M4A1 on full auto.

I as many of you guys have military training and experience. I am in the "realism camp" but not so much it is not playable or fun.

Here is what I can say of some of my real word experiences:

• I seldom fire standing unless very short range
  • I do never fire while moving unless duckwalking on a flat surface.
  • I will always try to get support for my rifle since that is what gives me the laser. Usually this is prone or kneestanding with support in window or stuff like that
  • If I try to hold my rifle standing it sways way to much to be precise
  • Anything other then semi auto gives something other than laser presition
  • Laser precision takes time. Experienced shooters will need maybe 5-8 seconds to hit a target depending on scope, distance and target size. Why it takes time is because shooter must find a good shooting position (as mentioned before usually prone or at least with good support for weapon), aiming, breathing, trigger squeeze and follow through. Next shot would take 1-3 seconds depending on experience and recoil.
  • Shooting without using time usually ends with a miss.
  • Speed might be the key. Spray and pray in the enemy direction can be very effectively but you cannot expect to hit anything. 
  • LMGs is made for support and hold down effect not laser precision. It is worth mentioning that new LMGs can be very precise in the hands of experienced shooters. But that is for the first shot not the next once.

Game wise I think it is to hard to hit targets at long ranges while using time. It is even easier to see in real world than in game. I also think it is to easy to hit standing and from kneestanding without using long time. But that is just me.

5 minutes ago, Avec said:

I as many of you guys have military training and experience. I am in the "realism camp" but not so much it is not playable or fun.

Here is what I can say of some of my real word experiences:

• I seldom fire standing unless very short range
  • I do never fire while moving unless duckwalking on a flat surface.
  • I will always try to get support for my rifle since that is what gives me the laser. Usually this is prone or kneestanding with support in window or stuff like that
  • If I try to hold my rifle standing it sways way to much to be precise
  • Anything other then semi auto gives something other than laser presition
  • Laser precision takes time. Experienced shooters will need maybe 5-8 seconds to hit a target depending on scope, distance and target size. Why it takes time is because shooter must find a good shooting position (as mentioned before usually prone or at least with good support for weapon), aiming, breathing, trigger squeeze and follow through. Next shot would take 1-3 seconds depending on experience and recoil.
  • Shooting without using time usually ends with a miss.
  • Speed might be the key. Spray and pray in the enemy direction can be very effectively but you cannot expect to hit anything. 
  • LMGs is made for support and hold down effect not laser precision. It is worth mentioning that new LMGs can be very precise in the hands of experienced shooters. But that is for the first shot not the next once.

Game wise I think it is to hard to hit targets at long ranges while using time. It is even easier to see in real world than in game. I also think it is to easy to hit standing and from kneestanding without using long time. But that is just me.

I agree that the game should not be too realistic because that makes it harder to access and less fun overall. I think PR did a good job balancing out "realism" with a fun, arcade-like gameplay style that you can jump into and play for a round or two and be satisfied on a weekday but still have enough depth that I can spend a lazy weekend playing it all night long. Squad is not like this at all currently, and with some of the directions taken with this game I'm not sure the devs aim to have that style of gameplay.

To tack onto your notes:

1. I think standing and firing should be viable out to about 50m. Currently that's not a major problem as you can land a shot or two on target at 50m without too much of a problem with the AK, but with the M4 it's a good bit harder. That's something I've discussed with the devs and something I was told would be looked into (first shot jump on the M4A1, that is), but I've not heard back from them yet so I have no clue as to whether or not that's something the devs consider a "me" problem or if that's something wonky. Beyond personally, it's realistically wonky and I believe it needs to be sorted out as it feels like something done to keep the M4A1 and AK74 different for the sake of difference.

2. I try not to move and fire, but it does happen and I don't expect accurate fire on the move beyond 10m. Once again, not a huge problem here because if you're on the move it's significantly harder to hit anything beyond a short distance.

3. Unfortunately a supporting system is not in the game yet but it is planned, so there's hope for that. That being said, the edges of low walls and stuff could stand for some significant reworking as it's a major problem right now that when shooting crouched most low walls seem to block bullets. I can't tell you how many times I've emptied half a mag before realizing that my bullets are all impacting on the wall below my gun.

4. The swaying is way overdone as I predicted it would be before I played the update. It's a bad system that weakens the effectiveness of the single player rather than strengthening a squad, which forces people to play together rather than giving incentive to work together. On a game where squads consist of 9 men there will always be at least one gimped squad, and honestly I can say that I don't feel like squads that aren't full are useful. In PR a three man squad was workable, but in Squad it most definitely is not. 

5. This is a legitimate gripe of mine: the fully automatic fire does have some problems, especially on the M4A1. For the AK74 and AKM it's pretty manageable so I don't really have a problem, but the M4A1 just leaps all over the place. I'd rather this be the past where the Americans have M4s than M4A1s if they're just going to make the M4A1 completely ineffective on full auto. I don't think full auto should be viable all the time, but it's got its uses, unless it's the M4A1, then it's got nothing.

6. Aiming in game I feel is pretty haphazard with the ACOG, but it's fine for most other things. There are some things I'd like to see them do to make the game a little bit more friendly for high sensitivity players, but I honestly don't know what since I don't work in game development. I can tell you now that all the movements feel jagged and clunky, so when my scope inevitably flies off target it's hard to get right back on like I could in PR and other games of the like. I'm sure part of this is the fact that the entire screen moves when the firearm recoils rather than the gun moving independently of the camera. 

7. I think three seconds or so should be an acceptable amount of time to line up a shot at 50-75m, but honestly most of the time it feels a lot longer. This could be because I've got a higher level of sensitivity than most when it comes to mouse settings, but I often find myself going a bit over the target and having to correct myself, which is a problem I've had in only one or two other games.

8. Spray and pray is an effective tactic in real life but it really doesn't seem to be in game for the American faction. As I've said over and over, the M4A1's recoil is just too out of line, which makes suppressing fire difficult. Sure, an LMG can lay it down for you, but there's no reason I shouldn't be able to put 30 rounds in a 10m area down range with the M4A1. The first shot seems to go so high and the rest of the mag is spent trying to bring it back on target. 

I feel like the forcing of zoom focus is a cancer on this game rather than a positive. Rather than forcing players to get good at longer ranges, it gives them a magical CSI-tier ENHANCE! and breath holding button. Holding your breath really provide that massive of a difference in real life so much as proper breathing and heart rate control. I'd rather see the focus button have no zoom and used for nothing more than longer range shots because at 50m you should be able to hit your target while standing at least once without having to hold your breath like you're free diving.