Sign in to follow this  
CMBelite-FR

Assault gamemode

hi guys,

As in Squad you can build FOB, i was thinking of a gamemode where one team will have 10 min to build a giant FOB or multiple FOBs around the map( near their main base) and after the attacker have to find the FOB or the FOBs, destroy it or kill all the occupants. To make it more intense and avoid the attackers rushing into the fobs, the number of the attackers tickets could be reduced or no respawn at all. Anyway defenders are not allowed to respawn.

I think this could a great gamemode for player that could only play for 20-30 min. Besides it still require teamplay, communication and strategy:

Defenders :

SL will have to communicate to build efficiently the FOB(s)......

Attackers:

Squads, will have to communicate to find the weak point and then coordinate the assault .....

What are your opinions?

I think this is a great idea, once squad is released and we're able to have our own servers, we'll try and make a game like this!

I think the idea of a siege type game would be really cool, actually. Like a village or town that one teams only objective is to defend, while the other teams objective is only to attack. It would be a very centralized game mode, though, and very static. I think the one thing that the Squad development is going for in this game is dynamicism on the maps. Even if we only have 1 or 2 maps at launch, with dynamic base building and objectives there are so many different ways a single map could play out during the course of a match.

This is relatively what our FCV PR server has done/will do for the Scenario Sundays, we call it FOB Assault

PR has a game mode some what like this, can't remeber what it's called but i think it is Command and Control.

Each team gets to build 1 fob each somewhere on the map and then they must defend their FOB while trying to locate the enemy fob and destroy it. It had some very intresting mechnacis so the closer the center of the map you place your fob the less tickets you bleed over time.

Like VON said, PR already has a game mode like that though for some reason it's extremely rarely played (mostly on events).