Amazing game, been loving it since day one. Couple of things though

First off, when emptying an assault rifle, it be AR15 platform or AK platform, heck almost any existing gun platform, the bolt will lock in the back. Now when this happens the weapon makes a distinct metallic clinging sound, which i am deeply fond of because, it sounds cool, and it tells me to reload. This should be added soon, as i find myself too many times facing an enemy with empty mag and weapon. Worst thing is coming behind the enemy and hearing that clicking sound.

Second, the M72 LAW which is issued to the anti tank role of US Army is a disposable weapon system, WHICH means that when you've fired it, you throw it away like a condom. For some reason the soldier im controlling is a total retard and choses to store the empty LAW on his back. So when engaging enemy with the LAW, BOOM, then switching to primary and emptying a mag into the abyss, and then switching back to LAW again, this fucking retard brings me the just fired, empty, disposable, condom, and ill have to tell him to reload. Lets fix this, make it a badass animation when throwing away the M72 like a baws.

Keep up the good work devs ;)

Oh and the sniper is too weak.

"Snayperskaya Vintovka sistem'y Dragunova obraz'tsa 1963 goda"

Commonly known as SVD, is roughly translated to Dragunov sniper rifle.

Thanks for welcoming me squid ;)

Animations and weapon mechanics are pretty WIP. I am no expert but I think something along the lines you've mentioned will be implemented at one point. It's more of a Another thing I think you'll enjoy will be different types of reloads. You will be able to drop a full mag to the ground or do a tactical reload and store the used one in your pouch.

1 hour ago, kaibobo said:

"Snayperskaya Vintovka sistem'y Dragunova obraz'tsa 1963 goda

"Снайперская Винтовка Драгунова" fixed.

5 hours ago, kaibobo said:

Oh and the sniper is too weak.

Well thats depends.Typiacal army armor able to sustain non-AP 7.62.But AP round...

He meant that the Dragunov is in the game as the rifle for the 'marksman' class, not the 'sniper'.

Snipers are not a priority at the moment, but in the distant future you can expect to see a real sniper class

34 minutes ago, janat08 said:

I don't belief a soldier has the space to carry 2 LAWs on his back.

LAW's are easily carried vertically on the sides of pack or horizontally underneath the pack with retention straps for both cases. The M72 is only 24 inch long before its deployed making it rather easy to be carried when compared to other light AT weapons. It's not uncommon for multiple M72's to be carried in the field considering they weight 5.5lbs when compared to the larger AT-4 (15lbs, 40 inch). Common load out I've personally seen is 2-4 LAWs or 1 AT-4

edit: example

cb296869939fab4f1ab63725cbcda629.png

Edited by PoleHERbehr

7 hours ago, samogon said:

"Снайперская Винтовка Драгунова" fixed.

Well thats depends.Typiacal army armor able to sustain non-AP 7.62.But AP round...

I believe the infantry in Squad will just stick to standard ammunition with tracers every 3rd round, and we wont be able to change from non-AP to AP rounds. But for ground vehicles (Tanks, ect) will be able to change from AP to HE.

I remember a ex-military fella on these forums discussing AT-4s and he said that when firing one-shot launchers you keep the tube because the Taliban (and other un-conventional forces) would use it to do things like baiting soldiers into a ambush, turning it into a IED etc.

Unless you're firing a Serbian AK variant (or a few other specialty ones) then the bolt stays closed even with a dry chamber. Arming the Militia faction with Serb NPAPs that lock open would be a neat, all be it unimportant, feature.

I hope they add RPGs/LAW models to the back of soldiers so you can identify an AT threat from a distance before they engage you. I know its placeholder, but the LAW firing animation should include the soldier throwing it to the ground. 

2 hours ago, PinguThePenguin said:

I remember a ex-military fella on these forums discussing AT-4s and he said that when firing one-shot launchers you keep the tube because the Taliban (and other un-conventional forces) would use it to do things like baiting soldiers into a ambush, turning it into a IED etc.

That was me and yes, that is the reason tubes aren't thrown on the ground after use in my experience.

Edited by PoleHERbehr

bullshit, you can carry 3 RPG-26s, and the LAW is even smaller

126168.jpg

But he probably mean dropping animation.

9 hours ago, MVPiet13 said:

He meant that the Dragunov is in the game as the rifle for the 'marksman' class, not the 'sniper'.

Snipers are not a priority at the moment, but in the distant future you can expect to see a real sniper class

In Russia we don't have marksmans.Marksman = Sniper.Sniper = Sniper.

Every one,who have precise weapon are snipers.

Edited by samogon

3 hours ago, PinguThePenguin said:

and you police them up after the battle

if a BMP is about to smoke your ass you ain't got time fo dat

5 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

and you police them up after the battle

if a BMP is about to smoke your ass you ain't got time fo dat

Would taliban smoke in a BMP though?

Im aware of the fact that you dont want to leave any empty tubes behind for a certain enemy to take advantage of. But its not always practical in firefights, at least firefights consisting of high speed maneuvering, to bring with you the empty tubes. The case in point though is that the dipshit of a soldier brings up the used M72 when switching weapons.

Edited by kaibobo

On 19.3.2016 at 2:21 PM, kaibobo said:

Amazing game, been loving it since day one. Couple of things though

First off, when emptying an assault rifle, it be AR15 platform or AK platform, heck almost any existing gun platform, the bolt will lock in the back. Now when this happens the weapon makes a distinct metallic clinging sound, which i am deeply fond of because, it sounds cool, and it tells me to reload. This should be added soon, as i find myself too many times facing an enemy with empty mag and weapon. Worst thing is coming behind the enemy and hearing that clicking sound.

I am LVL 92 in Call of Duty (1st.Class MasterSeargentGeneral) and I can tell you from my video game experience that the AK bolt does not lock in the back once the magazine is empty.

Your stated suggestion is simply not legit.

You want to go 1 on 1 w. knifes and explosive Tomahawk only?

edit: empty m72 laws should be disposed off as suggested by the OP. same for RPG26 if ever added.

Edited by Marv

I think a lot of people are still a little confused on that fact that this game is still in development and the only experience anyone has every had so far is your basic core Infantry vs Infantry battle/tactics. This game overall is going to provide more than that. Tanks, Aircraft, Helicopters,and etc! I do think there definitely needs to be some tweaking to the weapon mechanics and overall transitioning to different gear on one's soldier, especially it the whole concept of this game is to fuse a "Battlefield 4" stance with that of a ARMA or "Realistic Simulation" styling. But of course, we're all here to hopefully place good input into those that develop this game to hopefully release what will be a community collaborated, B.A.M.F-FPS/SIM game that will grasp our tactical hunger for battle, destruction, & fun-with friends.  But that's just me...

Yeah bolt hold on empty isn't a standard feature on AK most gun makers in the US do a simple modification to the magazine lip to make the rifle do that.   

Unless you're making Zastava firearms for our friendly Cheeki Breeki dudes in Fool's Road (which are unlikely btw, the devs are kinda sick of AKs), I don't see why you need a bolt catch/bolt release mechanic.

I hear that Zastava Arms makes it such that the bolt locks back when empty, but the hold-back gadget is in the magazine, and once the magazine leaves, the bolt moves forward again. And regarding custom AKs, I doubt we'll see them. Unless we get a bunch of mercenaries and PMCs in some mod, now THAT will be something I'd love to see.

4 hours ago, Marv said:

I am LVL 92 in Call of Duty (1st.Class MasterSeargentGeneral) and I can tell you from my video game experience that the AK bolt does not lock in the back once the magazine is empty.

Your stated suggestion is simply not legit.

You want to go 1 on 1 w. knifes and explosive Tomahawk only?

edit: empty m72 laws should be disposed off as suggested by the OP. same for RPG26 if ever added.

Yep, i learnt something. Thing is, ive fired an AK, in real life 1337. Thing is, bolt locked, so it must have been a serbian version, or modified without me knowing, therefore my assumption that it locks. But ive learnt something new today from you l33t haxors.