dvsilverwing

The Weapons Thread!

ITT: People who don't understand what Squad is aiming for :(

It's not actually too far fetched, PR has one of the biggest and most diverse gun selections in the game industry! (IMFDB lists over 100!)

Besides, people are just throwing ideas to the wind, not harm done ;)

I'd personally like to see SVDK for Russian forces now that they've been confirmed!

M16A4

G3A3

FN FAL

M1911A1

L85A2

One day.... I will get them all done when the time and game is right for it.

M16A4

G3A3

FN FAL

M1911A1

L85A2

G3A3 <3

Well going on the template of a previous comment, these would be the more common British small arms weapons. They have a nice variety that sets them apart from the US, as well as from certain UK regiments.

Pistols: FN Browning, Glock 17 & SIG Sauer P226

Assault Rifles: L85A2 (several variants) & C8 SFW (Often used by the Royal Marines, Paras, and SF)

Carbines: L22 Carbine & C8 CQB

Submachine Guns: MP5 (Used by SF)

Marksman Rifles: L129A1 & HK417 (Used by SF)

Sniper Rifles: L118 & L115

Anti-Material Rifless: AW50F & M82

Support Weapons: L110A2 (Minimi), L86A2 LSW, & L7A2 (FN MAG)

Shotgun: Benelli M4 & Remington 870

AT Rocket Launchers: MBT LAW (Not to be confused with the AT4 LAW), & Javelin.

AA Rocket Launchers: MANPAD. (Also usable against light armoured vehicles)

Anti-Material Rocket Launchers: MATADOR.

Hand Grenade: L109A1 (Based on the HG85)

Melee (assuming such a thing would exist): L3 bayonet, and (exclusively Royal Gurkha Rifles) Kukri.

Enfield bolt action rifles would be very cool

And i saw some mg3 in some videos about the syrian and northern iraq conflict

I wouldn't min seeing the Mauser K98 or the Mosin Nagant for that matter.

Aswell as the option to have a scope on it ;)

Knife/bayonet ;D

SKS (big PR-militia fan)

1911 (US CO!)

Sig Sauer 226 (US if small hands?)

M14 (US marksman alt)

M60 (militia fan again)

M16A4 (want USMC)

I've always wondered about the PPS-43. PPS production outpaced PPSh production by a lot, but the war ended before the PPSh could be phased out. In the same way, 35-round mags became the standard for the PPSh instead of the drum mag, but people only remember the 71-round drums because it was most often used in 1941-42.

Would it be more realistic for modern paramilitary factions to be using the PPS-43 and 35-round PPSh instead of the classic 71-round PPSh?

M16A4

G3A3

FN FAL

M1911A1

L85A2

do want L85A2 :)

I just want to see a limited amount of weapon customization. Realistically for this game, in my unit (airborne infantry), every rifle is an M4A1 and each one has a surefire, peq-15 and an optic on it. Lower enlisted get Aimpoint M68s while leadership get 4x32 and TA31 ECOS ACOGs. There is also half a dozen older eotech EXPS spread around my company, and enough foregrips for people to choose if they want one or not (about half opt out of them).

There is some limited weapon modification allowed (up to 5.56 caliber upper receivers that are approved, but almost no one goes that far), including pistol grips, buttstocks, grips and even optics. I have an Eotech 553 and a vortex magnifier on my gun, and I've seen people with Leupolds and Elcans.

All SAWs and 240s in my company have an Elcan M145, peq-15 and SAWs have surefires, and again, foregrips are optional. Other companies have eotechs/aimpoints on a few of their saws, but most have the M145.

On the topic of sniper rifles, M14s go to the squad designated marksman in each squad overseas, while M110s and a few MSRs are used by the battalion's sniper section.

I just want to see a limited amount of weapon customization. Realistically for this game, in my unit (airborne infantry), every rifle is an M4A1 and each one has a surefire, peq-15 and an optic on it. Lower enlisted get Aimpoint M68s while leadership get 4x32 and TA31 ECOS ACOGs. There is also half a dozen older eotech EXPS spread around my company, and enough foregrips for people to choose if they want one or not (about half opt out of them).

There is some limited weapon modification allowed (up to 5.56 caliber upper receivers that are approved, but almost no one goes that far), including pistol grips, buttstocks, grips and even optics. I have an Eotech 553 and a vortex magnifier on my gun, and I've seen people with Leupolds and Elcans.

All SAWs and 240s in my company have an Elcan M145, peq-15 and SAWs have surefires, and again, foregrips are optional. Other companies have eotechs/aimpoints on a few of their saws, but most have the M145.

On the topic of sniper rifles, M14s go to the squad designated marksman in each squad overseas, while M110s and a few MSRs are used by the battalion's sniper section.

cool thanks for sharing that. makes me think that Squads's acog or not option for riflemen should not be[come] even as customizable as it is in PR. 

can i ask why some chose to not have foregrips on their M4s?

cool thanks for sharing that. makes me think that Squads's acog or not option for riflemen should not be[come] even as customizable as it is in PR. 

can i ask why some chose to not have foregrips on their M4s?

I don't get what you mean by the first statement. However, what I said as far as optics is true just of my unit. Some units have an ACOG for nearly every solider, like the 173rd.

As far as foregrips, they really serve no benefit outside of making it tougher for people to grab onto your weapon in CQC. Most prefer a "C" grip on their guns, and the foregrip doesn't help with it. Foregrips don't make a difference in terms of accuracy or recoil control on an M4. But most people with foregrips will use it as a makeshift monopod or use the built in bipod feature on some of the guns with grippods installed on them. When I was a SAW gunner I had a foregrip on my gun, but that was just because the barrel and heat shield is too thick to wrap a hand around.

Also, something else I would like to see is a MK48. They are also only given out overseas, and when my unit went to Afghanistan only 1 guy in the company had one, but other units can have as many as 1 per squad.

I don't think you guys are fully grasping the concept here. You cannot say "Oh I wish that they add the HK416 or HK417 to the game". If Squad is going to be anything like PR, the weapon selection will be limited, and 100% based on whatever faction you are playing. Maybe it would be more constructive to talk about what factions you would like to see in the game instead. If you want a G3, suggest the Armed Forces of Iran. If you want an HK417, suggest the French Armed Forces. Also, it is extremely highly unlikely that any specops gear, including almost all SMGs that aren't used by armor crewmen, will ever make it into the game. This includes SCARs, US P226s, suppressed weapons, and most importantly any other assault rifle for Russia than the AK-74M.

The ONLY thing I would very much enjoy seeing is that the M4A1 be upgraded to the M4A1 SOPMOD block 2. Batt and most other US SOF prefer, and use the sopmod block 2 over the regular M4A1, and block 1 variant. I'm tired of seeing a stock M4 in every game I play, and would love for this to change. When I saw the M4 in videos, I immediately thought the guys must be cooks or something, considering the rifle only had a 68 sight on it. I'm in the Infantry, and we would consider it a joke to receive our rifles looking the way they look now. 

The look of the M4.. Look up M4A1 sopmod block 2, and you will see what I mean.. The RIS II is something I would enjoy seeing on the rifle. I understand we will be seeing the attachments, but primarily I think the aesthetics of the M4 should be changed to the block 2.