dvsilverwing

The Weapons Thread!

There are camo nets on the backs of MG nests now and helps quite a lot in obscuring the crew.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:45 PM, Peerun said:

There are camo nets on the backs of MG nests now and helps quite a lot in obscuring the crew.

Yes this adds to my point on why I think it's within the devs capabilities to add camo nets as a deployable object 

CLAYMORES for all BIPOD roles.

MG's are ready used more and more to cover a whole sector, on their own. It's really hard to cover your flank or dive into cover with the bipod out (which is another suggestion I'll be adding very soon).

On 2/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, doubleDizz said:

MG's are ready used more and more to cover a whole sector, on their own. It's really hard to cover your flank or dive into cover with the bipod out (which is another suggestion I'll be adding very soon).

You seem to have the misconception that M18 Claymores function like landmines, no, they are remotely detonated. So when you still need to be aware of your surroundings so you can manually detonate it when someone's coming (basically, it'd probably be like with the IED where you have to switch to your phone to ring it up and shit.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:30 PM, doubleDizz said:

Change the INSURGENT OPTIC RIFLEMAN weapon from the AK to the G3 (with optic, obviously)

I disagree with this, if it's a G3A3ZF with the Hensoldt 4x24 optic, it would be in direct competition with the SVD. It fires a full power rifle cartridge like the SVD, and has the same optic zoom, but on top of that it has select-fire (if you even need it) and twice the magazine capacity. So you basically outshone the SVD and make the marksman class irrelevant.

What I'd really want would be an AN/M83 (or M83) to replace the M18 white smoke grenade (M18 smoke grenades only come coloured), and alternate LAT kits with different rockets (eg Russians with a choice of RPG-26s, RPG-7V2s with OG-7Vs, RPO-As or RShG-2s, etc.)

7 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

You seem to have the misconception that M18 Claymores function like landmines, no, they are remotely detonated. So when you still need to be aware of your surroundings so you can manually detonate it when someone's coming

You know claymores can also be tripwire detonated...

On 2/17/2018 at 7:49 AM, Slottin'Floppies said:

You know claymores can also be tripwire detonated...

Alright, in which case it creates a whole new balance issue instead, where the gunner doesn't need to watch his flank or have a buddy watch it for him, because he has a lethal alarm bell behind him, that prompts him to turn around and redirect his massive firepower in the direction of incoming hostiles.

For Taliban a Mosin, we pulled those off guys before. Maybe  would also like to see a M40A3.

On 11/02/2018 at 6:07 PM, doubleDizz said:

Or ...

for absolutely no rational reason whatsoever - just coz, can haz ;)

Posted (edited)

Mk12 Mod0

It is the sexiest AR variant in my opinion and I'd love to see it in game. It's not too heavy for a DMR/sniper system since it weighs like 10-13 lbs with the scope/accessories. The muzzle velocity of the rifle using the specially designed Black Hills Mk 262 ammo shoots at a little over 2700 ft/second...

Which means...it is 3-5 lbs lighter and shoots about 200 ft/s faster than the M110 SASS.

Mk12 Mod 0 shoots 77 grain where as M110 SASS shoots 150 grain+ which means with the Mk12 you can carry more bullets because they're less heavy (maybe 1 or 2 extra mags taking weapon system/cartridge/magazine differences into account... less is more :) )

MK12Mod0Sage.jpg

SPRCrane.jpg

355?cb=20161001003609

image-30-660x280.jpeg

Edited by Orion833

the game's M150 rco reticle is absolutely wack right now.

like on the actual M150 you got the apex of the chevron sighted for 100m, the inside of the chevron for 200m, then the top of the post is sighted for 300m, the top of which is perfectly in line with the bottom of the chevron (it is nowhere inside the actual chevron). then the horizontal lines on the post are sighted for 400m, 500m, 600m, 800m, and 1000m, with 400 and 600m marked with a 4 and a 6 respectively.

the lines are intended to be the width of a person's shoulders at the range the line is sighted for. have a look here at the product on the trijicon website, they conveniently have the exact model used by the army available for sale sans the laser filter, with a picture of the reticle.

right now in the game we have this weird shit with a dot inside the chevron and then a huge gap that shouldn't be there and then fiber optic shit and all of it is sighted for who the **** even knows. I can't comprehend this reticle right now its not what I'm used to and its not what we had.

also pretty sure you guys got the ACOG reticles on the brit guys all wrong, those dudes have got TA31 scope 3D models but the reticle is a TA01 one. yall actually got the TA01 reticle correct as heck from what I can tell but the brits don't use that, they use the TA31 which has the same reticle as the M150. well I'm not sure the specific model, it might be a TA31F they use which is pretty much the same reticle as the TA31 but the horizontal lines with the mils aren't there its just the post and the chevron. but yeah.

it would be awesome if you guys reworked the M150 reticle to accurately portray the thing. its easier to use and it makes so much sense. if you're deliberately handicapping the M150 for the sake of balance, to that I say **** that.

On 9/1/2018 at 10:06 PM, wsxcgy said:

the game's M150 rco reticle is absolutely wack right now.

like on the actual M150 you got the apex of the chevron sighted for 100m, the inside of the chevron for 200m, then the top of the post is sighted for 300m, the top of which is perfectly in line with the bottom of the chevron (it is nowhere inside the actual chevron). then the horizontal lines on the post are sighted for 400m, 500m, 600m, 800m, and 1000m, with 400 and 600m marked with a 4 and a 6 respectively.

the lines are intended to be the width of a person's shoulders at the range the line is sighted for. have a look here at the product on the trijicon website, they conveniently have the exact model used by the army available for sale sans the laser filter, with a picture of the reticle.

right now in the game we have this weird shit with a dot inside the chevron and then a huge gap that shouldn't be there and then fiber optic shit and all of it is sighted for who the **** even knows. I can't comprehend this reticle right now its not what I'm used to and its not what we had.

also pretty sure you guys got the ACOG reticles on the brit guys all wrong, those dudes have got TA31 scope 3D models but the reticle is a TA01 one. yall actually got the TA01 reticle correct as heck from what I can tell but the brits don't use that, they use the TA31 which has the same reticle as the M150. well I'm not sure the specific model, it might be a TA31F they use which is pretty much the same reticle as the TA31 but the horizontal lines with the mils aren't there its just the post and the chevron. but yeah.

it would be awesome if you guys reworked the M150 reticle to accurately portray the thing. its easier to use and it makes so much sense. if you're deliberately handicapping the M150 for the sake of balance, to that I say **** that.

Jumped in to add some line breaks, since you have some good feedback here. Wanted to make sure it was legible. Thank you for your post. =)

Since the Russian faction have two LAT kits and are getting an optic on there RPG-7V2, does this mean we might be seeing a new US kit that has both Frag and and HEAT rockets? The most logical option in my option would be the Mk-153 SMAW. Has this been considered by the devs?smaw-1.jpg

Edited by Metro_Stalker

On 4/28/2018 at 9:07 PM, M-Ax BLENDER said:

Can we expect the russian's army armament to evolve as they are now going to be equiped with the AK 12 and 15 ?

That would be interesting, given that the new AK-12s are just AKs with no rear sight block, gas tube fixed to receiver, FSP/gas block combo, new dust cover, maybe new trigger group, and collapsible stock. Nothing incredible or revolutionary. The biggest change, and the most interesting, is the new iron sights which are apertures instead of notch. They going to be sending the first batch by December, then ramp up mass production in 2019. Izhevsk plant is the size of a small town. They can produce millions of rifles a year if need be.

AK-12s shouldn't be anymore expensive to manufacture than a AK-74M, unless they are being made with stalinium receivers hehe. The only obstacle I can foresee is integration into the military. Marksmanship training is based on accuracy through volume of fire. Notch sights on AKs were meant to let the shooter fire in short bursts, then quickly reacquire the target. Aperture sights suggest a shift from that doctrine towards a more Western understanding of marksmanship. 

Adding AK-12s into Squad would make the Russian faction more balanced with the British and Americans, especially the British who rely mostly on L85 iron sights with similar sight radius and aperture.

move weapons in the game over time I hope

Russian:  AN-94 and AEK-971

British: C8 carbine, UCIW, HK G3, HK33, HK G36, HK MP5, MAC-10 SMG

US: M24, M107, MP5, HK416, Sig Sauer MCX

Posted (edited)

The game is never going to get done if they have to keep adding new stuff because it's being adopted. The Devs opened a whole can of worms when they decided to give the US Army their new pistol instead of keeping the M9, and now everyone is asking for new gear and vehicles for every faction currently in-game. AK-12 when, T-14 when.

IMO they should have stuck with a clear date like 2014 and based the gear used by the factions on that.

Edited by SShadowFox

Posted (edited)

hey isnt the US army or marines adopting the HK416c?  that might be implemented right?

Edited by Thegreenzzz

I think crewmen should get MP5's or MP5K's. Advantage should be you can move quickly with these weapons while aiming down the sights.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:26 AM, Thegreenzzz said:

hey isnt the US army or marines adopting the HK416c?  that might be implemented right?

Possible, but not likely -- if it's not already in widespread use, it's not likely to be a priority. We do keep an eye on the status of new platforms (IRL) and when they go into service, though.