dvsilverwing

The Weapons Thread!

There are camo nets on the backs of MG nests now and helps quite a lot in obscuring the crew.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:45 PM, Peerun said:

There are camo nets on the backs of MG nests now and helps quite a lot in obscuring the crew.

Yes this adds to my point on why I think it's within the devs capabilities to add camo nets as a deployable object 

CLAYMORES for all BIPOD roles.

MG's are ready used more and more to cover a whole sector, on their own. It's really hard to cover your flank or dive into cover with the bipod out (which is another suggestion I'll be adding very soon).

On 2/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, doubleDizz said:

MG's are ready used more and more to cover a whole sector, on their own. It's really hard to cover your flank or dive into cover with the bipod out (which is another suggestion I'll be adding very soon).

You seem to have the misconception that M18 Claymores function like landmines, no, they are remotely detonated. So when you still need to be aware of your surroundings so you can manually detonate it when someone's coming (basically, it'd probably be like with the IED where you have to switch to your phone to ring it up and shit.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:30 PM, doubleDizz said:

Change the INSURGENT OPTIC RIFLEMAN weapon from the AK to the G3 (with optic, obviously)

I disagree with this, if it's a G3A3ZF with the Hensoldt 4x24 optic, it would be in direct competition with the SVD. It fires a full power rifle cartridge like the SVD, and has the same optic zoom, but on top of that it has select-fire (if you even need it) and twice the magazine capacity. So you basically outshone the SVD and make the marksman class irrelevant.

What I'd really want would be an AN/M83 (or M83) to replace the M18 white smoke grenade (M18 smoke grenades only come coloured), and alternate LAT kits with different rockets (eg Russians with a choice of RPG-26s, RPG-7V2s with OG-7Vs, RPO-As or RShG-2s, etc.)

7 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

You seem to have the misconception that M18 Claymores function like landmines, no, they are remotely detonated. So when you still need to be aware of your surroundings so you can manually detonate it when someone's coming

You know claymores can also be tripwire detonated...

On 2/17/2018 at 7:49 AM, Slottin'Floppies said:

You know claymores can also be tripwire detonated...

Alright, in which case it creates a whole new balance issue instead, where the gunner doesn't need to watch his flank or have a buddy watch it for him, because he has a lethal alarm bell behind him, that prompts him to turn around and redirect his massive firepower in the direction of incoming hostiles.

For Taliban a Mosin, we pulled those off guys before. Maybe  would also like to see a M40A3.

On 11/02/2018 at 6:07 PM, doubleDizz said:

Or ...

for absolutely no rational reason whatsoever - just coz, can haz ;)

Mk12 Mod0

It is the sexiest AR variant in my opinion and I'd love to see it in game. It's not too heavy for a DMR/sniper system since it weighs like 10-13 lbs with the scope/accessories. The muzzle velocity of the rifle using the specially designed Black Hills Mk 262 ammo shoots at a little over 2700 ft/second...

Which means...it is 3-5 lbs lighter and shoots about 200 ft/s faster than the M110 SASS.

Mk12 Mod 0 shoots 77 grain where as M110 SASS shoots 150 grain+ which means with the Mk12 you can carry more bullets because they're less heavy (maybe 1 or 2 extra mags taking weapon system/cartridge/magazine differences into account... less is more :) )

MK12Mod0Sage.jpg

SPRCrane.jpg

355?cb=20161001003609

image-30-660x280.jpeg

Edited by Orion833