dvsilverwing

The Weapons Thread!

Just now, Blackout330 said:

jesus christ pal don't make us report your posts, you were pretty damn annoying on that Zastava thread (Idk what thread that was except that it was filled with Zastavs)

He has nothing to lose, lol. BTW, MG42 was produced by Zastava.

49 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Yea but spam is my worst damn nightmare. Btw off topic but if you find that dildo knife mod for Insurgency2 link it to me please I need it all of a sudden.

1 hour ago, ZiGreen said:

lel.

Probably only my job,if I contunue write large posts instead of extend tablespaces. :P

a_man_with_nothing_to_lose_by_teenraider

Edited by samogon

So here is my take on a lot of suggestions I'm seeing that people are attempting to use facts as a reason to implement said weapon.

The M320 GL - US Army Infantrymen can wield a M320 GL. It is not uncommon whatsoever for a 11 Series infantryman to carry a M320. So for that to be added in to substitute for the 203 would make perfect sense to me. 

MK18 Mod 1 - No, never one have I seen an Infantryman with a Mk18. 

If any marksmen weapon is to be added, the realistic direction is the Mk14. I have seen people with the MK12 SPR but thats in the Rangers/SFG area not Infantry/Parachute Infantry. 

M16A4 - Almost no Infantryman carries the M16, the Army removed it a while ago and the Marines are now rolling it out completely, but if you wanted to stretch realism than yes a Marine faction carrying it would make sense. 

Shotguns - Seriously? Maybe if this was in-your-face combat but even in real life I haven't seen people bring a shotgun to a mission that would even suggest CQC. 

In terms of Sniper Rifles, I don't really care. I have never touched a sniper rifle in real life and am never gonna touch a sniper rifle in Squad.

The M240B is already on the forum post it seems so no need to go into that.

Optics - I'm sure you guys have gotten Optic request up the wall but here is the crucial optics for the Infantrymen

-RCO

-C79

I had a C79 on my SAW for a while.

I wasn't trying to throw anyone in the spot, if anyone wants to have a conversation about these suggestions feel free to contact me, I am always willing to answer questions for people.

18 minutes ago, Caedus said:

Shotguns - Seriously? Maybe if this was in-your-face combat but even in real life I haven't seen people bring a shotgun to a mission that would even suggest CQC.

During my experiences, we had a specialized rifleman, carrying a shortened Benelli M3, loaded with breaching slugs in secondary to his F88 Rifle, at all times.  Never know when you need to duck into a compound and doors need opening.

1 hour ago, Caedus said:

So here is my take on a lot of suggestions I'm seeing that people are attempting to use facts as a reason to implement said weapon.

The M320 GL - US Army Infantrymen can wield a M320 GL. It is not uncommon whatsoever for a 11 Series infantryman to carry a M320. So for that to be added in to substitute for the 203 would make perfect sense to me. 

MK18 Mod 1 - No, never one have I seen an Infantryman with a Mk18. 

If any marksmen weapon is to be added, the realistic direction is the Mk14. I have seen people with the MK12 SPR but thats in the Rangers/SFG area not Infantry/Parachute Infantry. 

M16A4 - Almost no Infantryman carries the M16, the Army removed it a while ago and the Marines are now rolling it out completely, but if you wanted to stretch realism than yes a Marine faction carrying it would make sense. 

In terms of Sniper Rifles, I don't really care. I have never touched a sniper rifle in real life and am never gonna touch a sniper rifle in Squad.

The M240B is already on the forum post it seems so no need to go into that.

Optics - I'm sure you guys have gotten Optic request up the wall but here is the crucial optics for the Infantrymen

-RCO

-C79

I had a C79 on my SAW for a while.

I wasn't trying to throw anyone in the spot, if anyone wants to have a conversation about these suggestions feel free to contact me, I am always willing to answer questions for people.

My "problem" with the 320 is the fact that I've only met a single soldier who actually carried it attached to his rifle, and that guy never deployed. Everyone I've talked to who's touched one on deployment has said that they kept it on a lanyard so that it wasn't being lugged around on their rifle. That being said, unless an advanced sway method is used in this game, no advantages will be provided through this method. I guess it's not really a problem so much as a  "I'd like to see it used this way" type of deal?

The DMR has already been revealed to be the M110, which is realistic. The Mk12 SPR is not realistic outside of Special Forces and the Mk14 EBR is just an all around terrible platform in real life. There's a reason the M110 is replacing it. 

The USMC uses the M16A4 and, as far as I know, the USMC will probably make an appearance in some form or another. I'd like to see it when and if they're added to the game, but I agree that it's kind of stupid for the US Army. 

The USMC and US Army issue shotguns as breaching weapons (both the M1014 and the 870 MCS Breacher respectively). On top of this, the USMC uses them for sentry duty stateside, though I can't talk about their deployment overseas. 

Unless you're a Canadian, you likely used the M145 MGO. Even then, I personally hope they opt for the TA11 rather than the M145 just because the TA11 is a better optic that is currently being fielded by the USMC. Remember, the Marines might not be in the game yet, but the adoption of weapons currently in this game is supposed to be slated for a near-future military, which means the TA11 would be a better all around choice. 

Obviously your going to add more variety with the weapons choice, but i really think if your going to go for the "realism" side of things you should really look into what type of weapons they use within each faction or team.

For example with the US Army, id love to see the M4 rifle with a forehand grip along with an ACOG. But mostly what id love to see in this game is a bolt action rifle, whether its a Mosin or for the US  an M24.

Just some suggestions, i know theres plenty of great ideas to consider but im sure we'd love to see a lot more variety. :) 

5 hours ago, Joshua.d132 said:

Obviously your going to add more variety with the weapons choice, but i really think if your going to go for the "realism" side of things you should really look into what type of weapons they use within each faction or team.

For example with the US Army, id love to see the M4 rifle with a forehand grip along with an ACOG. But mostly what id love to see in this game is a bolt action rifle, whether its a Mosin or for the US  an M24.

Just some suggestions, i know theres plenty of great ideas to consider but im sure we'd love to see a lot more variety. :) 

I'm shure, if you'll get a bolt-action rifle, your first impression will be "damn! I can't kill anybody! this shit reloads too slow!"

Edited by BrossParavoss

https://youtu.be/cBoWNIuHJkI

A RAK-12 or similar weapon like this for insurgent/militia factions would be nice for artillery. Also there is small stands they use to fire a single katyusha rocket that could be suitable for many different types of larger dumb rockets

On 2016-10-11 at 0:58 AM, Peerun said:

cz-vz-58-military-sporter.png

It's a lot of fun to use a firearm in a video game that you actually own. I don't see the vz58 ever being added but I love mine so much.

10 hours ago, Rybec said:

It's a lot of fun to use a firearm in a video game that you actually own. I don't see the vz58 ever being added but I love mine so much.

Lot of middle eastern and african countries use it, so I could possibly see it as a weapon captured and used by insurgents. But yeah not much hope.

I obviously expect this one, though.
M82A1_barrett.jpeg

On 10/13/2016 at 4:27 PM, Rybec said:

I have only seen the VZ58 in Vietcong 2.  A friend owns a Czechpoint VZ58 with beaver barf furniture and it's pretty slick.  It's as nice as my slr107/ak103 clone.

3 hours ago, Jeffnasty said:

I have only seen the VZ58 in Vietcong 2.  A friend owns a Czechpoint VZ58 with beaver barf furniture and it's pretty slick.  It's as nice as my slr107/ak103 clone.

Every time I go out shooting I take it along, I'll keep mine until the grave.

wxYisSy.jpg

5 hours ago, Rybec said:

Every time I go out shooting I take it along, I'll keep mine until the grave.

wxYisSy.jpg

Wow that's nice!  But my man, where's your beaver barf?  :PIMG_1005.JPG

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:21 PM, PinguThePenguin said:

The right arm of the Free World.

**** yes, id love to see the FAL

I just want to see this in Squad.  Idk if there are any current militarys that have adopted this LMG.

On 10/15/2016 at 0:43 PM, Jeffnasty said:

It's also in ARMA:ll. 

I'd like to see some real oddities like the type 63 or Lee-Enfield, maybe I just played Taliban too much in the PR days... 

On 28/6/2016 at 11:04 AM, Blackout330 said:

Problem is, the AEK-971 was only used by select few Spetsnaz personnel last time I've heard and is completely unfit for a game aiming for a grunt's loadout.

The A-545 is also just a prototype like the AK-12, and its design will probably change over time and it is unwise to suggest something that isn't finalised. I mean, look at all these games with an AK-12 and not a single one has the updated model. And I heard somewhere that the AK-12 already kicked the A-545 out. Furthermore, the game doesn't strike me as one trying to portray the VDV.

The Borz is definitely not a good quality gun (such is the bane of a homemade design) but it does have a good volume of fire and is probably widespread supposing its under 100 bucks. Maybe it could supplement the PPS-43 as a self defence weapon so players can choose between raw pewpewpersecond (toofasttospace) and better stopping power.

Problem is that most Borz don't come with sights. And speaking of the PPS-43 I can't believe TWI made that shit for a game set predominantly in 1941-1942.

A545 design is finalised. The only thing that was added is a new location for the cleaning rod, it is now on the right side of the receiver just under the ejection port, or that will be added is a probable full stock and full length rail for attachments. The rifle ergonomics will not change.

The AEK and A545 are not prototypes but functional rifles on their own right. AEK and A545 is like calling the M4 and M4A1 SOPMOD a prototype.

23 hours ago, naezro said:

I just want to see this in Squad.  Idk if there are any current militarys that have adopted this LMG.

They HK21 line is neat and I'm pretty sure a decent number of African militaries use them, so it would make sense if they made an African map and put them in the hands of rebels or something along those lines. 

8 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

It's also in ARMA:ll. 

I'd like to see some real oddities like the type 63 or Lee-Enfield, maybe I just played Taliban too much in the PR days... 

You're not alone in wanting to see oddball weapons, but the question is what their alternative will be. In PR they had a tendency to shoehorn these crap weapons into specific roles that then went unused because militia teams never had to worry about their respawns as long as they were good enough at eradicating the enemy team. Looking at PR today it's not uncommon to see militia factions go without medics entirely because they do nothing but take a shooter out of the squad. 

7 hours ago, KTMR29 said:

A545 design is finalised. The only thing that was added is a new location for the cleaning rod, it is now on the right side of the receiver just under the ejection port, or that will be added is a probable full stock and full length rail for attachments. The rifle ergonomics will not change.

The AEK and A545 are not prototypes but functional rifles on their own right. AEK and A545 is like calling the M4 and M4A1 SOPMOD a prototype.

The A545 is finalized but it's still unused. Even the AK-12 was nixed for the third time in favor of another rifle called the AK-12, which is pretty much a more streamlined AK-74M Naval Upgrade Kit. The chances of the A545 being adopted and used are incredibly slim, but if anyone gets them it'll be the VDV (which would be fine because, canonically, it would be best to see the VDV as RUSFOR considering how well equipped they are).