dvsilverwing

The Weapons Thread!

On 3/23/2016 at 2:09 AM, samogon said:

yeah,yeah and bullets appers from the center of the screen.

OG7 same ballistic as PG-7V,they have flattened trajectory.At 100-200 meters - they almost flat.

PG-7VL - yes,they curved.

PG-7VR and TBG - well,grenade launcher turns into very powerful brick launcher :)

pic_87.jpg

What about ILAWs,well I don't really know.I think they should have trajectory,similar to PG-7VL.Maybe a bit more flattened.

I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to memorize the RPG's firing table. Seriously, I've watched Rybec's video on it over and over and it just doesn't ever stick. At least the video is useful to Syrians and Ukrainians, heh. 

5 hours ago, Shadow_Lock said:

Wouldn't mind seeing these as a possible Russian/Militia gun emplacement ;)

I could understand the DShK-M for Militia and the Insurgents, but definitely not for the Russians. 

3 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

Out of curiousity, what .50 Russian HMG do you use?

Is it the Kord?

You do know that the DShK has been around long enough to be featured on "Forgotten Weapons" right? I mean, if it was built in 1935 I'd expect the RGF to actually use something newer in those 81 years...

As far as I know the most common one is the NSV. That being said, I'd like to remind you that the M2 Browning has been in service - almost unchanged - for 83 years. On top of this, it was designed 98 years ago, yet is still the bulk of the U.S. Military's mounted HMGs. 

10 minutes ago, samogon said:

95b50334b71900e5622c8bb77a83b955.png

NSV UTES is common since A-stan war.Kord slowly replace them.Or maybe already replace them.

DShK-M is still in active use by some countries and non-conventional forces.DShK is in oblivion.Also - the gun on Video is DShK-M.

DShK have diffirent... at least have completely diffrent belt feeding.

12,7-%D0%BC%D0%BC_%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%

KORD would probably be a better choice for the game seeing as the devs are going less with the idea of modern day actuality and more with modern day adoption standards (like with how the U.S. Army uses the M4A1 even though the M4 is the most common carbine the military's got). As for the DShK-M, you've gotta remember most Americans drop the M in what is a mixture of ignorance and ease. It's kind of like how most Americans who own a WASR or other AKM variant just denote them as "AKs". It's not wrong, but it's not right. Most Americans (and others ignorant of firearms) wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between an AK-47 and an AKM, or a DShK and DShK-M, so they don't feel wrong in grouping them together and not noting the difference. 

For emplacements and post-soviet vehicles Kord only. NSV is not really outdated gun, the problem is this gun was manufactured in Kazakhstan Soviet Republic, which is still an ally of Russia as independent country, but domestic manufacturing is always better, you know.

Edited by ZiGreen

25 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to memorize the RPG's firing table. Seriously, I've watched Rybec's video on it over and over and it just doesn't ever stick. At least the video is useful to Syrians and Ukrainians, heh. 

Ah ACE2... 

Well,I mean at close range.Look at left table,they started from 2 = 2 meters.OG7 have even more flattened trajectrory because of their form and weight,but they're close to PG-7V round.

As far as I know the most common one is the NSV. That being said, I'd like to remind you that the M2 Browning has been in service - almost unchanged - for 83 years. On top of this, it was designed 98 years ago, yet is still the bulk of the U.S. Military's mounted HMGs. 

Diffirent doctrine.Just M2 rare used as infantry weapon,most of them used on vehicles.For vehicle weight doesn't matter.Same story with KPV/T.

NSV and KORD been created during A-Stan war and mostly used on infantry role.

KORD would probably be a better choice for the game seeing as the devs are going less with the idea of modern day actuality and more with modern day adoption standards (like with how the U.S. Army uses the M4A1 even though the M4 is the most common carbine the military's got).

Well,it's depends.Infantry mounts,T-90 and T-72B3 - yes.For T-80 and older tanks - we need NSV.

For emplacements and post-soviet vehicles Kord only. NSV is not really outdated gun, the problem is this gun was manufactured in Kazakhstan Soviet Republic, which is still an ally of Russia as independent country, but domestic manufacturing is always better, you know.

Naah,A lot of vehicles still use Soviet NSV.

Edited by samogon

Just now, samogon said:

Ah ACE2... 

Well,I mean at close range.Look at left table,they started from 2 = 2 meters.OG7 have even more flattened trajectrory because of their form and weight,but they're close to PG-7V round.

Diffirent doctrine.Just M2 rare used as infantry weapon,most of them used on vehicles.For vehicle weight doesn't matter.Same story with KPV/T.

NSV and KORD been created during A-Stan war and mostly used on infantry role.

Well,it's depends.Infantry mounts,T-90 and T-72B3 - yes.For T-80 and older tanks - we need NSV.

Naah,A lot of vehicles still use Soviet NSV.

I meant vehicles designed and produced in USSR. T-72B3 has NSV too.

Edited by ZiGreen

4 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

I meant vehicles designed and produced in USSR. T-72B3 has NSV too.

Ah,Misunderstood.And yes,you're right... it's NSVT.

T-72B3_-_Parad2014NN-08.jpg

Edited by samogon

Hi.

Are you going to implement some authentic anti tank rifle for militia? Here is the real video from Ukrainian conflict. https://yandex.ru/images/search?text=%D0%BF%D1%82%D1%80%D1%81+%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B5+%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D1%8C%D0%B5+%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0

PTRS-41, that's the name of it.

1 hour ago, Om26rus said:

Hi.

Are you going to implement some authentic anti tank rifle for militia? Here is the real video from Ukrainian conflict.

Boyan.

btw.

6 hours ago, Albert said:

I would like to see mortar teams with realistic unaided targeting.

Like PR?

16 hours ago, Albert said:

I would like to see mortar teams with realistic unaided targeting.

Unguided... sounds funny... for a 82mm mortar.

You probably means indirect fire...

Edited by samogon

On 5/8/2016 at 11:43 AM, Om26rus said:

Hi.

Are you going to implement some authentic anti tank rifle for militia? Here is the real video from Ukrainian conflict. https://yandex.ru/images/search?text=%D0%BF%D1%82%D1%80%D1%81+%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B5+%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D1%8C%D0%B5+%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0

PTRS-41, that's the name of it.

Honestly those things were brought out in the beginning seriously buy have long since been dumped for anything other than anti-personnel as far as I can see. They're big, heavy, and impractical on the modern battlefield and this guy just wanted to show off that he's a strong terrorist who don't need no gubment. 

13 minutes ago, samogon said:

Unguided... sounds funny... for a 82mm mortar.

You probably means indirect fire...

I believe he means that the mortars in game should be worked like real mortars with a sight and sighting stakes rather than the cheesy/simplified shit that ArmA does where you click a point on a map and just press a button a bunch of times. 

7 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

I believe he means that the mortars in game should be worked like real mortars with a sight and sighting stakes rather than the cheesy/simplified shit that ArmA does where you click a point on a map and just press a button a bunch of times. 

well,proper modded arma have proper working mortars.

7 hours ago, samogon said:

well,proper modded arma have proper working mortars.

A3 really is shit without mods.

SMG's that the Militia could use:

I mainly say this, because the PPSh-41 is very rare in modern day conflicts in Eastern Europe, and there are other SMG's that are way more common. Even the PPS-43 is more common today in Donbass. I like the PPSh-41 for the Insurgency, though (since it's pretty common in Afghanistan IIRC), and I like it in general but it's just pretty rare in Eastern Europe. So I took a couple SMGs that are more common that could be used in accordance with the PPSh-41 (since the PPSh-41 is not non-existant, just rare, so I like it being there but I'd also like it to be more common options).

roba_3324_enlarged.jpg

The Czechoslovak vz 61 Skorpion, probably the most common SMG in Eastern Europe (and aslo the go-to automatic weapon for criminals here in the Netherlands). This one was also in PR. Shitton of them shipped all over E-Europe thanks to the Yugoslav Wars.

edafd6a2759f2fb16ecbc109b848b5ba.i750x42

Here's it in Donbass, for proof that it is being used.

Submachine_gun_wz63.jpg

Polish SMG PM-63 RAK. Fairly rare but I've seen it being used in Eastern Europe, and Poland and Bulgaria still use them today. It has been spotted in Donbass a couple times. Could also be used in some Syrian and Iraqi factions since Wikipedia states that they have been spotted over there too.

PYvRahs_Z8o.jpg

Here's it in Donbass for proof.

Edit: I'm not saying that the Militia should represent Novorossiya, just saying how present the weapons are on the Eastern European black markets (since that's where militias initially get their weapons from).

Edited by Jan Paweł II

5 hours ago, Jan Paweł II said:

I mainly say this, because the PPSh-41 is very rare in modern day conflicts in Eastern Europe, and there are other SMG's that are way more common. Even the PPS-43 is more common today in Donbass. I like the PPSh-41 for the Insurgency, though (since it's pretty common in Afghanistan IIRC), and I like it in general but it's just pretty rare in Eastern Europe. So I took a couple SMGs that are more common that could be used in accordance with the PPSh-41 (since the PPSh-41 is not non-existant, just rare, so I like it being there but I'd also like it to be more common options).

roba_3324_enlarged.jpg

The Czechoslovak vz 61 Skorpion, probably the most common SMG in Eastern Europe (and aslo the go-to automatic weapon for criminals here in the Netherlands). This one was also in PR. Shitton of them shipped all over E-Europe thanks to the Yugoslav Wars.

Submachine_gun_wz63.jpg

Polish SMG PM-63 RAK. Fairly rare but I've seen it being used in Eastern Europe, and Poland and Bulgaria still use them today. It has been spotted in Donbass a couple times. Could also be used in some Syrian and Iraqi factions since Wikipedia states that they have been spotted over there too.

PYvRahs_Z8o.jpg

Edit: I'm not saying that the Militia should represent Novorossiya, just saying how present the weapons are on the Eastern European black markets (since that's where militias initially get their weapons from).

Someone who uses the weapons thread :x The Skorpion was in PR so I imagine it'll eventually make it's way into Squad, but yes, more SMGs will be nice. The high ROF and compact size - and, of course, the awesome sound effects that seemingly every game gives them - makes SMGs some of my fav weapons :)

You know what the funny thing is, just the other week I typed in "Weapons thread" in the search bar and nothing from here showed up. 

Could we please sticky this page and then we can lock all the other weapons request threads before anyone creates more drama? 

Just now, I_hate_usernames said:

You know what the funny thing is, just the other week I typed in "Weapons thread" in the search bar and nothing from here showed up. 

Could we please sticky this page and then we can lock all the other weapons request threads before anyone creates more drama? 

No, otherwise we won't be able to derail to KS-23 in every new thread.

Seriously talking, this thread should be moved to offtopic, because this aspect of game doesn't imply suggestions or feedback.

34 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Seriously talking, this thread should be moved to offtopic, because this aspect of game doesn't imply suggestions or feedback.

The devs do read it and sometimes something quality comes up, but most of the time we still get stuff like ACRs and AEK-971s. It's like many threads condensed into one, and reflects how rare one reasonable thread is relative to the number of weird stuff we get.

A stickied thread that no one reads is cleaner than a thousand threads asking for PTRS-41, ParaFALs, "masada acr"s and that one thread asking for a Type-56, of which no one wants to read or see the million other requests. 

Speaking of Militia SMGs, has anyone ever suggested the Borz?

2 minutes ago, Blackout330 said:

I said it'd be a cool weapon for militia crewman during the Miltia weaponry thread. 

15 hours ago, Jan Paweł II said:

roba_3324_enlarged.jpg

Submachine_gun_wz63.jpg

PYvRahs_Z8o.jpg

Personally I'd like to see the RAK as it's been spotted a few times in Ukraine and is a pretty interesting little weapon. Not necessarily the most realistic, but there's certainly some authenticity to it. 

51 minutes ago, I_hate_usernames said:

If there's going to be a sticky'd weapons thread, I'd hope we do it in a new one rather than one that's 18 pages long. This one is a bit... old. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's usually best to sticky a fresh topic. 

41 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

We can just derail derailed weapons threads. We are suggesting weapons here, so why would it be moved to off-topic?

1 minute ago, Blackout330 said:

The devs do read it and sometimes something quality comes up, but most of the time we still get stuff like ACRs and AEK-971s. It's like many threads condensed into one, and reflects how rare one reasonable thread is relative to the number of weird stuff we get.

A stickied thread that no one reads is cleaner than a thousand threads asking for PTRS-41, ParaFALs, "masada acr"s and that one thread asking for a Type-56, of which no one wants to read or see the million other requests. 

Once again, to be fair the AEK did see combat in Chechnya and the new version, the A545, is being partially adopted for trials by the VDV. It's worth at least looking into the addition of the A545 for maps that have a specific focus.

Pretty sure the Borz has been suggested before, but the real problem with the Borz is that it's not really a single design like the Sten or the PPS-43 so much as a collection of really shitty, cheap, fabricated SMGs that follow a similar design pattern out of nothing but necessity. The PPS-43 has been seen in Ukraine, but I think the reality of the situation is that subguns are outdated by and large. They should be included, but for nothing but auxiliary roles. 

7 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Once again, to be fair the AEK did see combat in Chechnya and the new version, the A545, is being partially adopted for trials by the VDV. It's worth at least looking into the addition of the A545 for maps that have a specific focus.

Problem is, the AEK-971 was only used by select few Spetsnaz personnel last time I've heard and is completely unfit for a game aiming for a grunt's loadout.

The A-545 is also just a prototype like the AK-12, and its design will probably change over time and it is unwise to suggest something that isn't finalised. I mean, look at all these games with an AK-12 and not a single one has the updated model. And I heard somewhere that the AK-12 already kicked the A-545 out. Furthermore, the game doesn't strike me as one trying to portray the VDV.

The Borz is definitely not a good quality gun (such is the bane of a homemade design) but it does have a good volume of fire and is probably widespread supposing its under 100 bucks. Maybe it could supplement the PPS-43 as a self defence weapon so players can choose between raw pewpewpersecond (toofasttospace) and better stopping power.

Problem is that most Borz don't come with sights. And speaking of the PPS-43 I can't believe TWI made that shit for a game set predominantly in 1941-1942.

1 minute ago, Blackout330 said:

Problem is, the AEK-971 was only used by select few Spetsnaz personnel last time I've heard and is completely unfit for a game aiming for a grunt's loadout.

The A-545 is also just a prototype like the AK-12, and its design will probably change over time and it is unwise to suggest something that isn't finalised. I mean, look at all these games with an AK-12 and not a single one has the updated model. And I heard somewhere that the AK-12 already kicked the A-545 out. Furthermore, the game doesn't strike me as one trying to portray the VDV.

The Borz is definitely not a good quality gun (such is the bane of a homemade design) but it does have a good volume of fire and is probably widespread supposing its under 100 bucks. Maybe it could supplement the PPS-43 as a self defence weapon so players can choose between raw pewpewpersecond (toofasttospace) and better stopping power.

Problem is that most Borz don't come with sights. And speaking of the PPS-43 I can't believe TWI made that shit for a game set predominantly in 1941-1942.

That's true, but it is a combat tested weapon at the very least. There are worse guns that could be put in the game, though the AEK-971 shouldn't be put in the game.

As for the A-545 being a prototype, I'm not so sure about that. Seems to me like the AK-12 was a prototype, but the A545 was all ready to go. The only source I've heard for it being kicked out is TFB, but that's also a website that told me that the Aimpoint T-2 was released sometime during the summer of last year even though I had had one since December at that point. They're not very trustworthy. 

Like I said, the Borz varies in design and is less an SMG itself and more a class of a cheap weapons. I'm not opposed to the idea you suggested, though. 

As for TWI: they've abandoned their original tenant. They also added the MG-42 and have refused to add a few guns that were correct for the time period of both RO2 and Rising Storm because "2 much werk". I like them, but they really fucked themselves when they locked themselves into Stalingrad.

44 minutes ago, samogon said:

hmmm,we could write one word,untill someone piss off.

So I start(Again)

MG42.

jesus christ pal don't make us report your posts, you were pretty damn annoying on that Zastava thread (Idk what thread that was except that it was filled with Zastavs)