GavinskyTV

Platoon Leader Suggestion | Faction for the British Armed Forces

20 minutes ago, Blackout330 said:

Inb4 Rafficas and Carcanos for every faction.

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!

Beretta m12 for insurgents pl0x

I like the idea of a PLT LDR even though its more like a Company(-)element.  I end up being something like this role anyway over SL to SL chat if we have a cooperative bunch of SLs on the net.  Ask for recommendations, make a plan, manage it.  I love it, i do it for my day job.

IMO: Before we get a platoon-leader, which would be nice, we need a better Fireteam-Organisation.

13 minutes ago, Thonar said:

IMO: Before we get a platoon-leader, which would be nice, we need a better Fireteam-Organisation.

It's really depends on nation(Like Russia,German Panzergrendiers).Both PL and FT doesn't actually needed IMO.It's just tactical element.

17 minutes ago, Thonar said:

first we need to nerf MG3

but yeah fireteams are ahead of platoon leader/commander in the roadmap afaik. It's pretty easily implemented with some new UI elements and some small code I think.

1 hour ago, samogon said:

It's really depends on nation(Like Russia,German Panzergrendiers).Both PL and FT doesn't actually needed IMO.It's just tactical element.

It's less the organisation in fireteam in itself (I'm well aware that not all nations use them), but that IMO they would enhance teamplay ingame, due to easier organisation of random squads for Squadleaders.

10 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

I think we'll get just US Army with bullpups.

Apart from the fact that their uniforms are slightly different shades of green and based on two different pattern types (DPM and OCP), putting the majority of their weapons, vehicles and helicopters into account, you actually have an army which has a lot of variety from the US than any of the OPFOR and independent factions (Militia, Insurgents and Russia) have to each other.

To say that they could just release them now by giving the US models an L85A2 is just ignorant nonsense, and I'm really glad there is a British veteran on the team to ensure it's done properly.

Edited by Tartanclad
Correcting grammar

9 hours ago, Thonar said:

It's less the organisation in fireteam in itself (I'm well aware that not all nations use them), but that IMO they would enhance teamplay ingame, due to easier organisation of random squads for Squadleaders.

This game doesn't requed this kind of organization.

Advantage of squad to lonewolfing - you're able to set rally points,build fobs and take limited kits.In return - you work together with your squad.So 2 small squads also able to do same.

Usual tactic is: Advance -> Set Rally -> Kill -> [Set New Rally -> Kill] -> recursive []

Edited by samogon

4 hours ago, samogon said:

Uhhh, speak for yourself, dude.

Anyways, the fireteam system will likely be a universal system that isn't based on specific or faction-based implementation, instead being a simple color-coding system that allows you to organize your squad in whatever way you please.

4 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Uhhh, speak for yourself, dude.

Anyways, the fireteam system will likely be a universal system that isn't based on specific or faction-based implementation, instead being a simple color-coding system that allows you to organize your squad in whatever way you please.

I've played with such squad leader.

He trying to be super puper tactical,but simply didn't know defence basics.

Maybe it's makes easier to rule squad.But call this fireteam... wrong.For example Russian squad tactic in field consist of 2 groups,selected by squad leader - Maneuver team(Riflemans usually) And Fire Support Team(MG,RPG operators usually),and they may have diffirent sizes.

Technically - you can split squad into 3 or more teams.Vehicle squad - each color is vehicle for instance.

5 hours ago, samogon said:

Advantage of squad to lonewolfing - you're able to set rally points,build fobs and take limited kits.In return - you work together with your squad.So 2 small squads also able to do same.

Usual tactic is: Advance -> Set Rally -> Kill -> [Set New Rally -> Kill] -> recursive []

You don't understand my point:
When you play with players you don't know and you have a full squad it would be easier for the squad-leader if these random players were part of a fireteam instead of directing everyone by themselves with names the SL don't know.
When players become part of fireteams the SL can direct the Fireteams and the Fireteams are small enough for a Fireteamleader to have a better overview over the random players.

Forming two small squads doesn't work with randoms.

And wheres the problem to use your voice for this at the start of a round?

"Squad gather!"

"Player X, Y and Z you are the Recce, 100m ahead of us, move out!"

"Player  A, B, C and me, are fire support (or whatever)!"

If a player doens't gather, kick em.

Fin

6 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

What was the purpose of that reply, samogon?

Fireteam - is specifical tactical organisation,which diffirent in diffirent armies.

USMC have 3 fireteams per squad,US army - 2,Russia - none,squad is equal to fire team.

US Tank platoon have 4 tanks,every counts as Squad.Russia - 3.

Highlighting isn't bad,but call this FT make no sence.

Edited by samogon

3 minutes ago, Metapher said:

"Squad gather!"

Fin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Just now, samogon said:

Fireteam - is specifical tactical organisation,which diffirent in diffirent armies.

USMC have 3 fireteams per squad,US army - 2,Russia - none.

This is just pedantry. We're talking about the ability to group players through a color-coding system, and "fireteam" is casual shorthand for that. 

36 minutes ago, samogon said:

USMC have 3 fireteams per squad,US army - 2,Russia - none,squad is equal to fire team.

As said before: This is just pedantry.

Yes, Russians and Germans (for example) have no fireteams (and Germany doesn't use the Fireteam-organisation), but they still have organisations below the Squadlevel. For Germany that would be for example:
Gruppe = Squad
Halbgruppe = Half-Squad
Trupp = Team (Fireteam is a special formation, I grant you that, but it is more understandable than just saying "team" due to a "team" could in gaming terms also be a whole side (US/ INS/ RUS/...))

It is only for organizing players, not more.

"Squad gather!"

Fin

If you don't know player X, Y, Z or Player A, B, C, the problem begins with the SL has to look on the map to find out the names of Players X,Y,Z,A,B,C,... to even call them, when they aren't died, moved or whatever in that time.
A Fireteamleader has only 3 men he needs to organize and himself, which is far easier. It is also easier to find and kick players out of a squad who doesn't play with the squad. 

Edited by Thonar

If you are already refering to the German Army, then dont confuse them with the english terms for fireteams.

They exist as in Stoßtrupp and Deckungstrupp.

The whole Squadsizing isnt that perfect for it, but you can still manage it.

And if you dont know your squad, split em up, name a leader and talk to him only.

The rest of the fireteams talks only in local.

1 hour ago, Tartantyco said:

This is just pedantry. We're talking about the ability to group players through a color-coding system, and "fireteam" is casual shorthand for that. 

Yes,but in Tank units each tank counts as squad.

so 9 man is a Russian tank Platoon(3 tanks,3 crewmans in each).

46 minutes ago, Metapher said:

If you are already refering to the German Army, then dont confuse them with the english terms for fireteams.

And if you dont know your squad, split em up, name a leader and talk to him only.

Sorry, but "Fireteam" is a common english term and the best term to be used, since the correct military term "team" can be misinterpreted with the gaming term "team".

I don't confuse anything. Not to mention that a "Stoßtrupp" or a "Deckungstrupp" is not a fireteam, they are teams, like an MG-Team, AT-Team or in German terms: MG-Trupp, Panzervernichtungstrupp.

Team = Trupp
A Fireteam is a special formation, but the term "Fireteam" is best used to describe a team (military) below the squad-level, for the pure reason that the term "team" is used in gaming language and military language differently for different sized formations and thus confusing.

About your "split them up"-idea: Of course this works, but game support would be far better, especially in a game called "Squad" not "Platoon"... that's a movie.

7 minutes ago, samogon said:

Not correct for the German army:
Tank-Platoon = Panzerzug = 4 Tanks
Tank-Squad = Panzergruppe = 2 Tanks

59 minutes ago, Metapher said:

Stop pretending that any of this organizational stuff is as simple as you put forth in public play. Many people have a hard time following even the simplest of orders, much less keeping track of their fireteam and individual objectives within a fireteam. Not to mention the fact that you rarely have an entire squad stick with you from start to finish. People leave and join, and people join mid-game, and different situations require you to organize your squad accordingly, which means this level of squad management in public play is largely pointless. Not to mention that it's just a waste of comms use to verbally assign stuff like this when you can have a universal color-coding system instead. I just find the entire idea of being hostile to this kind of (already confirmed) feature preposterous.

14 minutes ago, samogon said:

Again, I fail to see the point of this reply. Whether teams organize their tanks into individual squads or groups within squads is up to them(And server rules). How militaries organize themselves in real life is completely irrelevant.

Just now, Frontliner said:

Not my beloved MG3, Tovarish, it's innocent! :(

wargame forums meme

don't pretend you don't know Thonar... eugen plz.