thewoogier

SLI Configuration Trick

If anyone is interested in getting a pretty nice FPS boost, I tried something recently that worked pretty well.

First, download and open Nvidia Inspector, and navigate to the entry for Daylight. This is currently one of the only games that support SLI in UE4. Open up a second instance of the application and navigate to the Squad entry. Copy over the SLI compatibility bits and all the SLI settings so that they match, apply the changes, and exit both instances of the application.

I've tried this with Squad and Paragon and gotten literally double the framerate and am now able to turn all settings up to their max at 1440p resolution and remain above 60fps constantly.

I run a 3770k with 2 GTX 970s so if your experience is not as smooth, I wish there was more I could do for you. I found this in a random thread somewhere the other day and figured it worked so I might as well share it to a larger audience since the devs have said that SLI is not on their list of priorities.
Share your results please and maybe we can find solutions that work for all setups. Also, let me know if anyone needs any screenshots. I can take some when I get home to help anyone that isn't familiar with doing this.

I am curious if this change in Inspector would affect anything with a single GPU. Either way great find, especially if this fix works for other SLI users as well.

I have two cores but one card, not sure if it would help but when I ran Squad with CAM it showed that one GPU was running at 78° C but the other was running at 60° C. Asus/ROG MARS 760. So I wonder if this will help?

Nice post m8y I am looking at getting another 1080 hopefully devs put sli in tab or something :-)

Keep in mind.. if you are CPU bound.. in a 72 player server this wont give you any improvement. 

On 3/15/2016 at 11:11 PM, thewoogier said:

If anyone is interested in getting a pretty nice FPS boost, I tried something recently that worked pretty well.

First, download and open Nvidia Inspector, and navigate to the entry for Daylight. This is currently one of the only games that support SLI in UE4. Open up a second instance of the application and navigate to the Squad entry. Copy over the SLI compatibility bits and all the SLI settings so that they match, apply the changes, and exit both instances of the application.

I've tried this with Squad and Paragon and gotten literally double the framerate and am now able to turn all settings up to their max at 1440p resolution and remain above 60fps constantly.

I run a 3770k with 2 GTX 970s so if your experience is not as smooth, I wish there was more I could do for you. I found this in a random thread somewhere the other day and figured it worked so I might as well share it to a larger audience since the devs have said that SLI is not on their list of priorities.
Share your results please and maybe we can find solutions that work for all setups. Also, let me know if anyone needs any screenshots. I can take some when I get home to help anyone that isn't familiar with doing this.

Could you please share your Daylight profile?

I'm interested in this type of profile:

lgr8qZE.png

So I can confirm this works great.  One does have to turn AA down to FXAA or OFF. And there is a very slight shimmering to some objects every now and then but the boost is super good.  I was able to get both 980tis working and saw them under load using afterburner.  Does work. Was able to turn up all the graphics including supersampling to 2x and still held at 60 frames. 

It looks like Epic has written a sli implementation for 4.15, so hopefully we will see some improvements in this area in A10 (sadly writing a sli implementation is too much work for an indie team)

This sounds promising. I had great success with the Paragon xfire profile with my old 295x2. I might pick up a 2nd Msi Gaming X 1080. May be heaps cheaper new or 2nd hand when this 1080ti drops in. Geting anywhere from 45 - 70 fps @ 4k as it is.