digdug

How comfortable are you?

4 minutes ago, SgtRoss said:

And we massively appreciate it. I know I can be rough around the edges sometimes (again, what do you expect from an infantry Marine Sergeant? :P ), but I can't express how amazing it is that you all have given us this opportunity to build such an amazing game and most importantly, an amazing community. I get to finally quit my job and do this full time because of this amazing support, for example. You guys are indirectly impacting my own personal life? Ever think about that? You, the community, support us emotionally and financially, every should feel good about that.

We may fight and bicker occassionally, but that is just what families do. :)

No problem :D and we see that. We will continue helping no matter what :) I know how programming can be (it can suck at times, and coming from military). And from a Soldier to a Marine thanks for your service (Just dont make me mop out in the rain, or the concrete). You showed us what you guys can do, and from there we can continue support and putting our trust into the projects you make. 

Edited by wetblue13

Biggest reasons why people aren't playing isn't lack of content but poor optimization (alpha, expected) and not being able to see past 70m because everything is blurry. Atm it's just an annoying experience for most.

Edited by banOkay

If everything is blurry past 70m then I would suggest your resolution is wrong. I can turn every setting to low and play the game fine (though I prefer shadows). Also, have you tried using sweet fx?

6 minutes ago, banOkay said:

Biggest reasons why people aren't playing isn't lack of content but poor optimization (alpha, expected) and not being able to see past 70m because everything is blurry. Atm it's just an annoying experience for most.

I think this 70m blurriness issue is a big quirk with the default settings. It's absolutely fixable, but it takes a bit of tinkering and/or research, or just being lucky enough to run into someone willing to advice on graphics settings.

58 minutes ago, banOkay said:

Have you even tried adjusting your resolution scale/quality (I forget exactly what we called it) to 120%?  Try that and get back to us, you'll see that setting alone will / should fix this issue as you probably set it lower than 100%.

15 minutes ago, Trancer said:

Have you even tried adjusting your resolution scale/quality (I forget exactly what we called it) to 120%?  Try that and get back to us, you'll see that setting alone will / should fix this issue as you probably set it lower than 100%.

My resolution scale was at 100% all the time, it already runs poorly, setting your resolution to 120% just to see things clearly is obviously not a proper solution.

2 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

I'm not going to get into this, but we are all working very hard at the moment and have over a year of development left. Early Access, it's alpha, it's going to be for awhile.

If all the dev. blogs, alpha updates, community playtesting initiative we just started, constant community interaction on the forums and subreddit to this day isn't enough for you to feel comfortable with how we are doing things. Well, then there is not much I can say.

I am not really sure what you want or asking to be honest. We're not "cashing" in, we are making enough to pay everyone full time salaries, pay the bills, that's it. No one here is making out like a bandit, this game is our livelihood. 

You guys can sit here and debate this all you want, but when new animations start coming out, vehicles start coming out (anyone see Roys successful NetMove vehicle video recently?), new UI comes out (literally being worked on by AJAX, a community member hired on), then what?

Also, FYI, we have unlimited view distance...Anyone play any modern games that have large open worlds in multiplayer and when you look towards a "low content density" area and then turn towards a "high content density area", your frames will drop? Because more stuff is being drawn on your screen. This game will not be super lightning fast for a lot of people because of the tech. we are driving. Will we continue to improve and optimize? Yes, but expecting this to happen overnight during an Alpha...haha, no.

^Just this...Respect to SgtRoss!.

Lol on top of that new games have been released recently and since powple can't game all say everyday I am sure they are trying the new stuff in the meantime while this game is getting built. 

Very comfortable.

Just had my assistant drive my porsche over to the mansion to pick up my mistress and meet me at the new yacht this evening for the hooker and blow party we are throwing for Dev team. we have earned it!

:)

12 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Very comfortable.

Just had my assistant drive my porsche over to the mansion to pick up my mistress and meet me at the new yacht this evening for the hooker and blow party we are throwing for Dev team. we have earned it!

Take 6 months holidays, all of you! You have earned it !

23 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Very comfortable.

Epic! :D

Thx for great game so far! This EA and alpha stuff... damn, its all part of experience, isn't it? Wouldn't want to miss that! ha! I bet once you introduce vehicles, everybody gonna ask to make "infantry only" mode cause gameplay was so much "better" back then in EA times :) just wait and see, lol

Edited by Disco

3 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Very comfortable.

oohburn.gif

On 14.3.2016 at 4:18 PM, SgtRoss said:

Keep in mind, we plan on making more games than just Squad, I doubt any of us will ever "get rich", the company will just have enough revenue for us to stay gainfully employed. Just like any other job...except this one is the most awesome, even when dealing with threads like this. ;)

Stay Military or try something else ? maybe somthing with Dinosaurs :D

I'm comfortable. I was playing PR for about 6 - 7 years, that game was in development, year in and year out for almost a decade, still is being updated to this day?. A large portion of the dev team is from that particular mod/game and I have all the confidence in the world Squad will be a perfect successor to that game and the Devs of Squad have my support 100%!

I prefer slow and careful development compared to the usual bullshit weekly updates other indie devs put out, releasing half ass broken patches etc I can't be arsed to really type out an essay again so if you're interested on my view on peoples inpatience and how the gaming development side of things has changed and how its changed they way people think, check my reply in this thread.

Also, this game does not need to be the next big E-sport title, reducing recoil and changing the game to the more generic fps competitive type game moving it away from what the game is supposed to be. Squad just like PR was, will be a niche game and not for everyone. The reason I'm here is because this game is focusing heavily on aspects all these other generic FPS/Tactical shooter are lacking. The competitive scene in Squad is fantastic, being in a few clan matches that I have, makes me moist with excitement when I hear we have another coming up.

Edited by Dubs

On 14.3.2016 at 7:14 PM, IrOnTaXi said:

Very comfortable.

Wait, where is the invite for the KS backers you said we would get?! Every tier should get some of the blow and hookers! Wow you got me there, wasting money on such a scam! :(

On 14.3.2016 at 4:12 PM, SgtRoss said:

You guys can sit here and debate this all you want, but when new animations start coming out, vehicles start coming out (anyone see Roys successful NetMove vehicle video recently?), new UI comes out (literally being worked on by AJAX, a community member hired on), then what?

Wait, you did hire AJAX to do that?! OMG that is so awesome! I loved his concept screens of the UI he was imagining for Squad so much!

EDT: Sorry for double post, I am still not really awake today and only on my third red bull

2 hours ago, koschilein said:

EDT: Sorry for double post, I am still not really awake today and only on my third red bull

Jeez, what do you drink to come down? Two double espresso?

4 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

Jeez, what do you drink to come down? Two double espresso?

It´s a secret!

My  new chair is tad bit too small for my desk, it really bugs me but, I guess overall, I am comfortable .. I often take off my jeans after work and put on my favorite pair of  lazy pants. My chair + lazy pants = REALLY COMFORTABLE

Just now, Irish_rangers said:

My  new chair is tad bit too small for my desk, it really bugs me but, I guess overall, I am comfortable .. I often take off my jeans after work and put on my favorite pair of  lazy pants. My chair + lazy pants = REALLY COMFORTABLE

Taking off my pants is also the first thing I do when I am at home. Lazy pants are the best!

1 minute ago, koschilein said:

Taking off my pants is also the first thing I do when I am at home. Lazy pants are the best!

Sometimes, I don't even wear pants

On 14/03/2016 at 1:42 AM, SgtRoss said:

new UI comes out (literally being worked on by AJAX, a community member hired on)

Best part about this post, holy fuck that's awesome :D