Jump to content
digdug

How comfortable are you?

Recommended Posts

Diddug, if you would have been there for a bit longer you would have not posted this.

As someone who is here since they announced this game I can tell you that they are making a lot or progress and they also grew over the past year. (The community did aswell, a lot)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

Why do you say that? the game is still in early access, I have tons of friends that refuse to buy games in early access and hold out until release, if anything I'd say their sales would be significantly higher during full launch, but thats just my opinion.

Even if you get to double the numbers of the sales. It's the learning curve that will punish or reward you guys. I had the patience to deal with OFP, because it was basically the average level at that time.

But I made the huge mistake of believing in ARMA3 hype and frankly, it's like someone took a huge stick and started to hit the guys at BI on the head. Full force.

Here my learning curve is non existent so I can focus on the actual game. I'm not going to get killed because i needed to flip my key-binding pyramid.

Edited by KTMR29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

Thank u for the censorship in this thread

The only thing "Censored" in this thread was you arguing with the OP like a 12 year old because you didn't agree with his opinion.
The beautify of opinions is its an opinion, not a fact. so either construct a logical reply with reasons instead of telling us to close the thread because you don't agree, or just move on to the next thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally haven't touched the game for almost 2 months. I bought the game early but I really hoped for updates at weekly basis at least. I'm not regreting the buy but I'm very cautious and have quite low expectations to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SuicidalChair said:

The only thing "Censored" in this thread was you arguing with the OP like a 12 year old because you didn't agree with his opinion.
The beautify of opinions is its an opinion, not a fact. so either construct a logical reply with reasons instead of telling us to close the thread because you don't agree, or just move on to the next thread.

I meant it seriously: thank you and sorry for that

Edited by Planetgong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody actually understand the phrase "Quality over Quantity?" that's SQUAD.

Most EA games release a lot of updates that contain potentially game breaking bugs, however the SQUAD devs have taken a alternate route, removing all the bugs from a update and then releasing it, that way they don't spend half their production time fixing bugs.

The devs have made a lot of progress in 3 months.

You just have to be patient.

Edited by PinguThePenguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it's going to happen buuuut, if Squad just vanished tomorrow I feel my $70 was well spent: 246hrs on Steam + all the pre-steam release hours i've put in (a lot).

Not to mention some of the people I've met through Squad!

I don't have many games that have seen half as many hours and nearly none of them are in the alpha stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GonzoPR said:

Not that it's going to happen buuuut, if Squad just vanished tomorrow I feel my $70 was well spent: 246hrs on Steam + all the pre-steam release hours i've put in (a lot).

I don't have many games that have seen half as many hours and nearly none of them are in the alpha stage.

Don´t forget all the fun hours on this forum! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am extremely comfortable.

 

Why?

 

Because devs like Z-Trooper come to our teamspeak and ask for feedback and our thoughts on various aspects of the game. 

2 hours of questions, discussions and feedback. 

That is commitment not only to the game, but to the long standing members of the community.

 

Everything you want (to a point) will come. But as stated previously, there were no punches pulled when this game was stated as being in Early Access. Early access being an alpha state. I think people miss that point some times.

 

Edit: You bought the game in Early Access, so as soon as you sent that money, you agreed to understand the development process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it amazing that a group that started making mods made a game as good as squad. I don't understand how some people can have these crazy expectations of content added on a weekly basis. The developers have been more transparent and more professional than any other game developers I have ever seen. I still find it very amusing that someone would buy an alpha game and complain about things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShoshinUK said:

I don't think it's a cash grab for sure, and if it was my estimates are they really didn't grab much cash - all things considered.

its in the millions, theyve made millions. even still though i agree, its not a cash grab by the devs, theyre hard at work no doubt and are not going to disappoint!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to get into this, but we are all working very hard at the moment and have over a year of development left. Early Access, it's alpha, it's going to be for awhile.

 

If all the dev. blogs, alpha updates, community playtesting initiative we just started, constant community interaction on the forums and subreddit to this day isn't enough for you to feel comfortable with how we are doing things. Well, then there is not much I can say.

 

I am not really sure what you want or asking to be honest. We're not "cashing" in, we are making enough to pay everyone full time salaries, pay the bills, that's it. No one here is making out like a bandit, this game is our livelihood. 

 

You guys can sit here and debate this all you want, but when new animations start coming out, vehicles start coming out (anyone see Roys successful NetMove vehicle video recently?), new UI comes out (literally being worked on by AJAX, a community member hired on), then what?

 

Also, FYI, we have unlimited view distance...Anyone play any modern games that have large open worlds in multiplayer and when you look towards a "low content density" area and then turn towards a "high content density area", your frames will drop? Because more stuff is being drawn on your screen. This game will not be super lightning fast for a lot of people because of the tech. we are driving. Will we continue to improve and optimize? Yes, but expecting this to happen overnight during an Alpha...haha, no.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with GonzoPR, I think money spent on this game has already payed off. Only thing that I'm uncomfortable with is the amount of maps. After hundred hours of gameplay, some variation would be nice :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the clarification SgtRoss looking at the numbers, no one got rich yet.

By the way, I hope the main people involved do get rich from Squad, as it's already well deserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SgtRoss said:

I'm not going to get into this, but we are all working very hard at the moment and have over a year of development left. Early Access, it's alpha, it's going to be for awhile.

 

If all the dev. blogs, alpha updates, community playtesting initiative we just started, constant community interaction on the forums and subreddit to this day isn't enough for you to feel comfortable with how we are doing things. Well, then there is not much I can say.

 

I am not really sure what you want or asking to be honest. We're not "cashing" in, we are making enough to pay everyone full time salaries, pay the bills, that's it. No one here is making out like a bandit, this game is our livelihood. 

 

You guys can sit here and debate this all you want, but when new animations start coming out, vehicles start coming out (anyone see Roys successful NetMove vehicle video recently?), new UI comes out (literally being worked on by AJAX, a community member hired on), then what?

 

Also, FYI, we have unlimited view distance...Anyone play any modern games that have large open worlds in multiplayer and when you look towards a "low content density" area and then turn towards a "high content density area", your frames will drop? Because more stuff is being drawn on your screen. This game will not be super lightning fast for a lot of people because of the tech. we are driving. Will we continue to improve and optimize? Yes, but expecting this to happen overnight during an Alpha...haha no.

 

 

End. Of. Thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShoshinUK said:

Thanks for the clarification SgtRoss looking at the numbers, no one got rich yet.

By the way, I hope the main people involved do get rich from Squad, as it's already well deserved.

Keep in mind, we plan on making more games than just Squad, I doubt any of us will ever "get rich", the company will just have enough revenue for us to stay gainfully employed. Just like any other job...except this one is the most awesome, even when dealing with threads like this. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SgtRoss said:

I'm not going to get into this, but we are all working very hard at the moment and have over a year of development left. Early Access, it's alpha, it's going to be for awhile.

 

If all the dev. blogs, alpha updates, community playtesting initiative we just started, constant community interaction on the forums and subreddit to this day isn't enough for you to feel comfortable with how we are doing things. Well, then there is not much I can say.

 

I am not really sure what you want or asking to be honest. We're not "cashing" in, we are making enough to pay everyone full time salaries, pay the bills, that's it. No one here is making out like a bandit, this game is our livelihood. 

 

You guys can sit here and debate this all you want, but when new animations start coming out, vehicles start coming out (anyone see Roys successful NetMove vehicle video recently?), new UI comes out (literally being worked on by AJAX, a community member hired on), then what?

 

Also, FYI, we have unlimited view distance...Anyone play any modern games that have large open worlds in multiplayer and when you look towards a "low content density" area and then turn towards a "high content density area", your frames will drop? Because more stuff is being drawn on your screen. This game will not be super lightning fast for a lot of people because of the tech. we are driving. Will we continue to improve and optimize? Yes, but expecting this to happen overnight during an Alpha...haha, no.

 

Couldnt say it better my self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SgtRoss said:

Keep in mind, we plan on making more games than just Squad, I doubt any of us will ever "get rich", the company will just have enough revenue for us to stay gainfully employed. Just like any other job...except this one is the most awesome. Even when dealing with threads like this. ;)

Squad in Space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SgtRoss said:

Keep in mind, we plan on making more games than just Squad, I doubt any of us will ever "get rich", the company will just have enough revenue for us to stay gainfully employed. Just like any other job...except this one is the most awesome. Even when dealing with threads like this. ;)

And we the community will support you guys :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wetblue13 said:

And we the community will support you guys :)

 

And we massively appreciate it. I know I can be rough around the edges sometimes (again, what do you expect from an infantry Marine Sergeant? :P ), but I can't express how amazing it is that you all have given us this opportunity to build such an amazing game and most importantly, an amazing community. I get to finally quit my job and do this full time because of this amazing support, for example. You guys are indirectly impacting my own personal life? Ever think about that? You, the community, support us emotionally and financially, every should feel good about that.

 

We may fight and bicker occassionally, but that is just what families do. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call of Squad

The Elder Squads

Dragon Squad

Squadout

Grand Thef Squad

Squad Souls

Deus Squad

Metal Gear Squad

Squad Wars

Squad Cry

Total Squad

SquadCraft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×