digdug

How comfortable are you?

How comfortable are you guys now?  You've made a good amount of money since the steam release, your progress since is debatable.  The known performance issues you seem to attribute to your animation system, yet from what I've read the newest alpha build has little to do with performance.  I'm very happy for you and how successful you have become.  What I want to know is how much time you're spending on improving you're new cash cow?  It's been enough time now that someone has to point out that server's aren't as full and your "die hard" fans are on stand by awaiting some kind of substantial update..  The game-play itself is amazing.  If we all had recently new $1500 computer builds...  Yet it doesn't look like a game that it's graphical fidelity deserves the money spent...  What is driving you now?  Initial game sales are a large attribute to a games success, but most games don't receive the same financial support a few months after.  You've done well on initial game sales,  yet the player base is dwindling....  There are so many of us sitting on the sidelines waiting for THE update that brings us back.  The update that re invents the game we both want it to be.   I've looked at the numbers, the amount of players daily, the amount of players total.  The truth is upwards of 95% of us bought the game knowing that it's a work in progress.  But how long are you going to wait before your game is just a fart in the wind?  Spend some money on some support, refine, optimize, network and market more until this game is the next E sport.  This game is E sport potential.  You'll have to get rid of the rediculous recoil mechanic though.  You can make cs:go type money/billions if you do it right.

Edited by digdug

Someone correct me, but Squad to date has sold around 150,000 copies and yesterday there was around 1,200 concurrent players online according to this site-

http://steamspy.com/app/393380

I don't understand the commercials, but I would say they done alright, but have a lot of work to get done to make serious money here. I love the game and only wish them well personally.

As said above I know the numbers :].  

It only supports my OP to be honest..

Less than 1% of people who bought the game are playing currently?  That may be decent for large commercial companies, but I'd say that's a representation of people who bought the game are loooking for something in particular and are waiting to see it happen..

Edited by digdug

Rest assured Devs are working hard on alot of awesome stuff  including long term projects like Truesky, animation overhaul, vechicles, etc. that I am confident we will begin in the coming months and beyond, if you pay attention to the dev blogs and updates you can gain an insight on this. From your aggressive OP I doubt anything anyone says here will truly convince you as you seem convinced this game is somehow a cash grab from the devs. I suggest you take some time off and comeback in a couple months and I have no doubt you will be impressed in the progress being made. 

I don't think it's a cash grab for sure, and if it was my estimates are they really didn't grab much cash - all things considered.

27 minutes ago, digdug said:

You can make cs:go type money/billions if you do it right.

Its ironic that you are yourself appealing to profits while insinuating how the devs are cash grabbing.

2 minutes ago, OakleyHidef said:

Rest assured Devs are working hard on alot of awesome stuff  including long term projects like Truesky, animation overhaul, vechicles, etc. that I am confident we will begin in the coming months and beyond, if you pay attention to the dev blogs and updates you can gain an insight on this. From your aggressive OP I doubt anything anyone says here will truly convince you as you seem convinced this game is somehow a cash grab from the devs. I suggest you take some time off and comeback in a couple months and I have no doubt you will be impressed in the progress being made. 

Thank you for not being offended..  I'm glad you actually read and understood my post and where it was coming from.  My only concern is where will this game be when they meet these goals?  Will this game be dead by the time these things are implemented?  From a marketing side a game like this wont make much more money in the next 10 months as it did in the last 3 so time is indeed crucial.  I'm so tired of people's ideals falling back on what is truly now a lame excuse for, "It's in early access, what do you expect?".

I believe the performance update will come out (Animation system update) when the new models are out for the US Army. Another thing, they also are waiting for the 4.11 update for UE4 for performance issues. The recoil mechanic is in place for you the player to pull down and bring the recoil in, you are controlling everything on the battlefield. Just wait, the content update will come when it is ready, they dont like releasing bugged updates (Which you cannot avoid). The game is certainly not dying. If you think about it, the game is on a "Break", players will come back and test the new update (Some will stay, some will stay longer) but all in all people are still playing it. When vehicles come in, it will change the way people will look at the game (Which means new tatics) in which will keep the player playing. Do not compare this to CSGO, this is not a money grabbing game. If it was, you would see skins for sale, P2W, and a lot of other things. This is a Mil-Sim, remember that, these dev's stay true to what they say. If things come up for some reason, they would tell you and that they are working on it.

Edited by wetblue13

14 minutes ago, Business Turtle said:

Couldn't you just use the edit button on your last post?

I use that for grammatical errors.  I didn't know there were other douche-bag trolls on forums.

Current Squad gameplay is really nothing compared to planned features. 150k is a limit for playerbase of gamers who can be attracted by walking simulator with lack of content and gameplay mechanics.

Next step is vehicle implementation on May/June. It is gonna be a real game changer, don't forget about other content and mechanics, which will be added during next 2-3 months, if devs will represent this brand new gameplay with additional content properly, they may double their playerbase. For now it is calm before the storm.

Edited by ZiGreen

10 minutes ago, Business Turtle said:

didn't mean to quote you at all.. 

Edited by digdug

2 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Current Squad gameplay is really nothing compared to planned features. 150k is a limit for playerbase of gamers who can be attracted by walking simulator with lack of content and gameplay mechanics.

Next step is vehicle implementation on May/June. It is gonna be a real game changer, don't forget about other content and mechanics, which will be added during next 2-3 months, if devs will represent this brand new gameplay with additional content properly, they may double their playerbase. For now it is calm before the storm.

We do not know the time that vehicles will be in. But with your time estimate, seems reasonable. It could even be sooner. We also have to remember how the supply works (Will defiantly change when vehicles are in). 

OP, I spent $40 on this game.  Not $1500 + 40.  EA has been going on for 3 months.  What timeline would you expect for development of the game?

34 minutes ago, digdug said:

I'll wait until someone who actually read my post and understands what I meant before I try and defend myself.  

Oh you are one of those guys where understand = agree, yeah. That's nice.

I'm glad that some of us can actually read my OP and understand what it can mean for a companies end game.  I know we have a long way to go I didn't say we didn't.  What I'm saying is how long is too long before the interest is lost in the next new game?  Don't you think that some other company hasn't caught on to the interest in this game and is developing a better version as we speak?  This is the the way game development works boys, grow up.

10 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

We do not know the time that vehicles will be in. But with your time estimate, seems reasonable. It could even be sooner. We also have to remember how the supply works (Will defiantly change when vehicles are in). 

I hope so.

The main problem of Squad development is not the devs, it is indie nature of Squad. Huge and reach companies announce their games a half-year before release. They show fresh, good-looking almost done version, which acts like bombshell. Indie studios can't afford that move, but it doesn't mean that development process of indie games is slower or less effective than development process of AAA-titles.

1 minute ago, ZiGreen said:

I hope so.

The main problem of Squad development is not the devs, it is indie nature of Squad. Huge and reach companies announce their games a half-year before release. They show fresh, good-looking almost done version, which acts like bombshell. Indie studios can't afford that move, but it doesn't mean that development process of indie games is slower or less effective than development process of AAA-titles.

Thats true, we also have to remember that the Indie companies like Offworld, talk to their player base and are honest with us. They make updates on what changes they made or if something can be in.

2 minutes ago, digdug said:

Just leave it to the grown ups then..

Yes continue here: Basically the same thread. You got ninja'd. 

1 minute ago, digdug said:

I'm glad that some of us can actually read my OP and understand what it can mean for a companies end game.  I know we have a long way to go I didn't say we didn't.  What I'm saying is how long is too long before the interest is lost in the next new game?  Don't you think that some other company hasn't caught on to the interest in this game and is developing a better version as we speak?  This is the the way game development works boys, grow up.

Yeah which is? Saying there's "another" game, is a given, since we're basically into perpetual motion type of thing with the gaming industry. What I'm asking you is what's the next simple and affordable (intellectually) milsim styled game that's being currently developed to steal the thunder out of Squad.

Let me tell you. THERE. IS. NONE. SO. FAR.

There are no other games that come close to the effort level of this Dev team without serious backing and someone that gets to erase those red numbers on the balance sheet.

As for a better version of this game...you mean a better milsim? Personally there isn't . ARMA is shit once you do a fast quality of life assessment. It's a three keyboard/ Two screen cluster-fuck of a half-baked simulation that gets tossed to people to figure out. Including modding that solves MOST of the "kinks" of the vanilla build.

People often cry about the latest BF installments, but I don't understand how they can cope with basically a huge Beta like Arma (or OFP back in the day).

35 minutes ago, digdug said:

From a marketing side a game like this wont make much more money in the next 10 months as it did in the last 3 so time is indeed crucial.  I'm so tired of people's ideals falling back on what is truly now a lame excuse for, "It's in early access, what do you expect?".

Why do you say that? the game is still in early access, I have tons of friends that refuse to buy games in early access and hold out until release, if anything I'd say their sales would be significantly higher during full launch, but thats just my opinion.