Sign in to follow this  
BrossParavoss

A few necessary and a lot of extra things for infantry battle

1) I (not only me, I guess) would like to drag mate's body under fire to safe place. It is very realistic and it will make the game more and more interesting.

2) SL needs to make a teams in squad. It provides to more clear management. Main team and 2 sub-teams.

3) Waypoints in squad's map to different teams.

4) Destroyable trees and bushes by HE, GL and RL.

5) Ripple dark screen when you are injured.

6) New class: UAV-operator. 1 per company, for regulars ofcourse. He has the ability to mark on the map.

7) Options to change GL and RL sights. (don't know how it calls correctly in english)

8) Anti-grenade net for windows.

What's your opinion?

1) Confirmed

2) Confirmed

3) Very likely

4) Maybe

5) Maybe

6) Why separated kit, commander should have this ability

7) Not sure what do you mean

8) As deployables or environment elements?

11 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

1) Confirmed

2) Confirmed

3) Very likely

4) Maybe

5) Maybe

6) Why separated kit, commander should have this ability

7) Not sure what do you mean

8) As deployables or environment elements?

1 and 2 was confirm by DEVs?

6) 3-8 UAVs! One - perfect count for UAV on a map like Chora

7) I mean range options: 100m, 200m, etc.

8) yes

Edited by BrossParavoss

2 minutes ago, BrossParavoss said:

1 and 2 was confirm by DEVs?

7) I mean range options: 100m, 200m, etc.

8) yes

Yes both are confirmed by the dev´s for 2 we will get fire teams though, so you will have a squad lead and two 4 guy fire teams.

Sight adjustment confirmed too.

I meant team commander, not squad leader. I think UAVs don't need physical appearance, they should be represented as one of the commander abilities, like artillery and airstrikes. Soldier with UAV will just sit on Main or FOB, near ammo crate and do nothing more than just launch UAVs.

What "yes?"

UAV-operator.

i think ... no to a class .

you die and the next uav come  on the end from a 1,5 h round you have 50 uav in the air ...... 

butt a uav for the fraction why not ? 3-4 after this no new uav aviable

Edited by Crusader JgBtl292

CHpD3trWwAA7ruY.jpg   

1 is something they've been working on, probably requires that netcode RoyAwesome's been working on.

1 hour ago, Rich8 said:

CHpD3trWwAA7ruY.jpg   

1 is something they've been working on, probably requires that netcode RoyAwesome's been working on.

A lot seems to be depending on that bloody netcode lol :D

25 minutes ago, Allan said:

A lot seems to be depending on that bloody netcode lol :D

They are working on netcode. Just wait, it will come. Why do you think vehicles are taking for ever? lol

2 hours ago, wetblue13 said:

They are working on netcode. Just wait, it will come. Why do you think vehicles are taking for ever? lol

No, i am just amazed at the importance of it because it seems vital for much more than just vehicles (dragging, weapon emplacements) :)

Edited by Allan

22 hours ago, BrossParavoss said:

1) I (not only me, I guess) would like to drag mate's body under fire to safe place. It is very realistic and it will make the game more and more interesting.

2) SL needs to make a teams in squad. It provides to more clear management. Main team and 2 sub-teams.

3) Waypoints in squad's map to different teams.

4) Destroyable trees and bushes by HE, GL and RL.

5) Ripple dark screen when you are injured.

6) New class: UAV-operator. 1 per company, for regulars ofcourse. He has the ability to mark on the map.

7) Options to change GL and RL sights. (don't know how it calls correctly in english)

8) Anti-grenade net for windows.

What's your opinion?

You've requested a lot of stuff that's been mentioned on the forums, I haven't done a list of ancient topics in a long time so I probably won't list 10 2015 topics again.

Yes, dragging was confirmed all the way back with Kickstarter... Blah blah blah...

So, just search "GL sights", "fireteams", "New kit", "Destruction", "waypoints" in the search function and you'll probably get them.

As for destrutible trees though, it'll be interesting. I do recall the devs saying their go for limited destruction (blowing them doors off) for netcode's sake and server/client stability. But I've always found it comical how you have so many documentaries on tanks steamrolling big-ass trees but in-game you can't scrape a bit of their bark. Now, if you try that on Fool's Road or OP First Light, I'd expect a crashed server and a hundred crash reports and unhappy players.

Are anti-grenade nets a real thing? I wanna know! :D

Edited by Blackout330

17 hours ago, Allan said:

No, i am just amazed at the importance of it because it seems vital for much more than just vehicles (dragging, weapon emplacements) :)

Well netcode is the basis of multiplayer games... 

If you have a couple of hours, take a watch of the first 5 or so of these videos, you will be even more amazed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbaOyvWfJE0&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gYwhBTjNLSFPRiBpwe5sTwc

Edited by Psyrus

17 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

im more surprised that this supposedly "Uber Game Engine" does not have good netcode . . .

netcode is not one size fit all. Engines primarily are in charge of rendering

ah, i see. being a layman i assumed that Netcode was part of the whole. had the same thing when i was dabbling in CryEngine, most people had to use third party Netcode because CryTeks was not so good for MP.