Golden Wombat

Will there be Bots?

44 posts in this topic

I am about to pledge but before I take the plundge I want to know that if for some reason I cant find any full servers that I can always play against bots. Usually it has a lot to do with my ping rate and time that I play down here in Australia.

Please let me know if you will have bots or not as my pledge will be depending on this factor

The devs have stated that they don't plan to do any development work on bots unless they decide to hire an AI guy to work on it.

I wouldn't expect the game to have bots to be honest. Bots wouldn't be fun to fight in a game like this.

Bots in terms of civilians in the cities, towns and villages,

Co op has its place in PR. You can still get comms and teamwork, not so depressing when it goes bad.  The biggest plus is for training with virtually no kit restrictions. But I'd rather see lots of other stuff on PvP first though.

I am about to pledge but before I take the plundge I want to know that if for some reason I cant find any full servers that I can always play against bots. Usually it has a lot to do with my ping rate and time that I play down here in Australia.

Please let me know if you will have bots or not as my pledge will be depending on this factor

Welcome to the community brother! I assure you that you wont be alone in terms of servers in Oz. Large Aussie community here and I'm sure there will be servers to suit your needs.

Welcome to Squad...

Nothing is impossible at Squad,Bots would be beneficial for training purposes and if you like Coop games I can see it in future mods .

I pledged on this project but I really hope that they will put bots one day otherwise is ok

Bots wouldn't be fun to fight in a game like this.

...and yet people continue to populate co-op servers against bots in a mod made for a game that came out 10 years ago.

hmm.

I think UE4 already has AI features included so they wouldn't have to design from scratch

I think UE4 already has AI features included so they wouldn't have to design from scratch

Might have a framework for building ai but you still need to design it around your game which is a nasty difficult thing. I don't get my hopes up on having the devs make it. But i would see it as a mod.

Bots in terms of civilians in the cities, towns and villages,

That would be all I ask; although they usually leave before the battles break out.

That would be all I ask; although they usually leave before the battles break out.

Thatd be so sick. Especially in an Insurgency mode, where as recent history has shown us, civilians dont always leave en-masse because of. Albeit a considerably complex undertaking for any development team -- Squad or mod.

BREATHE MY CHILD, BREATHE!

(Ignore Necromancy)

Alright, being completely serious. I'd definetly jump at the chance for COOP or AI in terms of Citizens/etc. If the engine can handle it (and it can) we should as a community strive to see this. For one, training of course but what's better then a fully cooperative force of players uniting under the guise of whipping an enemy back to where they came from?

I'm sure there are others here who would love to see this right? Insurgency COOP is very successful. ArmA 3 Cooperative is the biggest thing for Milsim groups out there as well.

I hope there won't be bots. It will probably be like the bots in arma

Mind developing that statement a bit more? ArmA bots were completely customizable. I used to spend days coding the different scripts behind bots to ensure they put up a realistic fight. I had a platoons worth of bots put up a 2 hour fire fight with a few squads of players, they used peeling, communication, and overall strategy to ensure they weren't wiped out attempting to clear our defenses. If anything though, they'll most likely be similar to Project Reality's bot system.

I hope there won't be bots. It will probably be like the bots in arma

Only in future mods,maybe!.

Bots in PR where kind of useful, learning assets is really cool in that way! But for the "real" game play they do not really do their job.

So if there would be bots it would be a good way to learn the vehicles like in PR!

I would love to be able to play 4 to 8 humans or

4 to 16 humans vs CPU AI just like GR1 ORG/Joint ops/Arma 3/Insurgency

How will I be able to quote full metal jacket if there's no women and children to shoot at...

If there was an AI on par with what was available in BIA, that'd be an excellent training tool. Not sure if anyone agrees that BIA had amazing AI, but I'm sure it would be a great model to look at if considered for future development.

Vote up for bots. It's a nice way to relax and play coop with friends.