Jump to content
darricks

[GAMEPLAY] Guerilla playstyle is a trouble?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Gonna complain about some redundant tactic what are actually used by several teams and i'm curious to get your points guys. 
I apologize in advance for my english

So i'm team leader of FRENCH SQUAD COMMUNITY but also a very old Squad Leaders on this game (+300h already, videos of my playstyle here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DOUubZEiK052eV8yRNCTw)
I'm a very agressive squad leader, using some basic military technic for leading my men (line, culumn, doesnt need more for now). 

I'm not saying this for touching myself, just want to precise what i'm not just a random rageous kiddo coming here for complaining cause he has been wiped once during a FFA game, but i know by experience what "TeamVSteam" tend to impact how we all finaly play. 
For my part i'm seeking a good mixte of fun and serious, but i want to stay away at all cost from BATTLEFIELD or CSGO and I feel like what i've seen recently is totaly Battlefield like with a bit more organisation. 
Well for being honnest, it absolutely remind me the team vs team i was making on battlefield when i was 13 years old, in 2005! 
But this playstyle become really regular when you are facing organised team. 

I have no screenshot right now. 
But its simple to imagine, its something like 9 bees turning around your position, without medics, coming one by one for getting a max KD ratio.
Or better, a purposed lonewolfed squad based playstyle. Not what i was really excepting from this game. 

In first attempt, i was thinking the new ticket bleed will force them to play the flag and so, to playback as real fighting squad, but they now just do the same shit around the flag instead of in the middle of nowhere. 
Lets be clear, i have no trouble with ppl going guerilla, I'm just scared it became the only viable way of playing, its a bit different. 
I have also no trouble with squad playing as 3x3 little group, or 2x4, or spreading their defense when they are holding a particular flag. 
This playstyle is pretty immersive when played by guys which are in Taliban side, but really? A conventionnal force suiciding its men 1x1 is a bit ridiculous. 


When I'm on their side and i'm watching the map, it immediately remind me Battlefield cause you can clearly see this kind of absolutely not organised battle you can have on this game. 
Dozen of little blue points runing alone in circle everywhere, giving up quite easily, sometimes this kind of squad having 110/100 tickets kd ratio.

At this moment, nobody doesnt give a shit about suppressing fire, formation, playing together, you're a bit forced to play the game their way cause its actually very hard to face them as a well organised classic army squad. 

I'm not giving a fuck about "realism", i just want to enjoy this game, feeling my headset going to explode when my whole squad is firing, being able to be rewarded when i predict the ennemies squad movement.
But how can i have this when i must split all my men for countering the ennemy playstyle? How can I predict anything when i'm just facing horde of suiciding solo rushing crazy lonewolf hunting my squad without having any clue of dying? 

I actually have no idea how to fix this.
Moral system nerfing performance of ppl playing away from their squad? Ppl will cry a river and its boring when a guy must respawn from far away. 
Radio system descreasing hower distance? Ppl will use TeamSpeak. 
Some are going to say vehicle will fix this, i dont think so. They will suffer the same way about this playstyle, fire will come from nowhere, a suicid wolf will try hard RPG, and that's all. 

 

Thank you for reading guys. 

Edited by darricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are just not punished enough for dying at the moment. 60 second spawn followed by a 20 sec run to the action is a joke to most players, and I know it might be hard to acknowledge but the vast majority of players simply don't give an f about tickets until the very end of the game when it's already too late to try to save tickets. It's really hard to make people fear death in a videogame though, don't quote me on this but I've seen a dev response somewhere in the forums stating that the game is a little bit too fast paced for their liking right now and there will be some small adjustments to slow it down a bit. Maybe even in the next patch, we'll see.

Apart from what I just said, there will always be people playing for the kills instead of playing for their team. There is just no way around it. We as a player community can try to educate them a bit and show them how being a part of a well-working squad is much more rewarding than bragging about k/d ratio at the end of each game (not to mention that you actually can get much better k/d while playing the objectives). But there will always be new players coming in and doing things their way ;)

Edited by MultiSquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no points and a longer stand by time,  for guys they are more then 100 meters away from the next squad member - is a little solution !

later when sniper teams come - a smaler radius for the singe operatet sniper team. sniper and spotter max 20m away from her budy.

over 20m no points and a very long stand by time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a higher level from this  - no points , long stand by time , no spawn on rp

or - no points , long stand by time , no spawn on the next  rp and FOB

which will help in education

 

 

Edited by Crusader JgBtl292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad Lead will have to outline from the start, must stick together. I tend to let my sniper go up on the hills though and provide over watch.

If I see people going lone wolf, I will ask them to rejoin us a few times, then boot if they don't come and help. I think I've used the kick button 5 times in 200+ hours.

There have been instances where I've been told off for lone wolfing, if I'm not squad leader (which isn't often)... it's because I have a scope, providing eyes and intel about oncoming forces. Other instances where I'm last man alive and my squad respawned, I just say I haven't died yet.

What I have noticed lately is sometimes very hard to get people to be a medic. If I don't get medics stepping up in my squad before the timer drops, I`ll just say no point in me being squad leader, just remember no point asking for a medic. Someone tends to step up. If it happens where there are no medics at all, I have no problem saying bye to the guys and going to another squad to be their medic instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mad Ani said:

I tend to let my sniper go up on the hills though and provide over watch.

Snipers encourage teamplay. Seriously, if somebody want to play flanking rembo, let him be easy pray for your marksman.

About medics, agree, european players have problem with them. I've never heard "medic!!!" in local voip on our domestic server, cause people always know where are their medics and is it possible to revive them. I think it happens due to the ratio of PR vets among our players.

Edited by ZiGreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the medics need own statistics on the scorebord. a reanimated counter. as counterpart for the K/D ratio. this will make the medic class more atraktive for the K/D players. the scores are usless !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Crusader JgBtl292 said:

the medics need own statistics on the scorebord. a reanimated counter. as counterpart for the K/D ratio. this will make the medic class more atraktive for the K/D players. the scores are usless !

Medic, who actually revives allies, always on the top of scoreboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Medic, who actually revives allies, always on the top of scoreboard.

yes on the scorebord.... have xy points - the most people have no interest on the POINTS ! they will see a number >how many< as a counterpart to the K/D ! this is what all have learned in other games ;) the one must consider.    a main score is not interesting for most.

same with the points for building - same    - hey we are the best squad in this round (I often hear) and all what they have make - build a super fortress on the edge on the map with not one contact to the enemy ^^ useless.  

the reward system consumption here a little affection and psychology ;)

 

Edited by Crusader JgBtl292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats I'd like to see on the scoreboard...

Kills / Deaths / Capture assist points / Heals / Revives / Headshots / Times given up / Times bled out / Teamkills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Crusader JgBtl292 said:

yes on the scorebord.... have xy points - the most people have no interest on the POINTS ! they will see a number >how many< as a counterpart to the K/D ! this is what all have learned in other games ;)

In that case we need to reteach them. How can somebody dislike that feeling, when you are taking ally back from spawn screen, restoring power of your squad, changing the course of battle?

Edited by ZiGreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we have now a world full of egoists .... thats sad.

but with a good reward system in the scorebord and a punishment system in the playtime - we can use this . and trick the egoist.

for the medics - a dead/revive ratio for example in the scorebord

and the punishment in the game for the lone wolfs - no points in the scorebord for the time 100m away from a member, no spawn on a really and a long spawn time.  ( the lone guys play 80% for her scorebord ;) )   

same for the marksmen -  his place is in the squad - not outside ! ( sniper class / team is not in the game now. )

the sniper team later will operate outside - therefore the limit to his budy ( spotter ) 20 m  they are a team !

 

but still- i have never see a game with this teamwork on public. we are on the right way and need only small changes.

Edited by Crusader JgBtl292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

People are just not punished enough for dying at the moment. 60 second spawn followed by a 20 sec run to the action is a joke to most players, and I know it might be hard to acknowledge but the vast majority of players simply don't give an f about tickets until the very end of the game when it's already too late to try to save tickets. It's really hard to make people fear death in a videogame though, don't quote me on this but I've seen a dev response somewhere in the forums stating that the game is a little bit too fast paced for their liking right now and there will be some small adjustments to slow it down a bit. Maybe even in the next patch, we'll see.

Apart from what I just said, there will always be people playing for the kills instead of playing for their team. There is just no way around it. We as a player community can try to educate them a bit and show them how being a part of a well-working squad is much more rewarding than bragging about k/d ratio at the end of each game (not to mention that you actually can get much better k/d while playing the objectives). But there will always be new players coming in and doing things their way ;)

How about significantly increasing respawn times? You could also play around with changing respawn times for only certain roles (making it faster for SLs and medics if relevant).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gameplay depends on team.Militia and Insurgents usually have same chances as BLUEFOR.

But some open maps like Kohat - Bluefor have better chances,that opfor,just because of optics.

So,guerrila playstyle usually(But not always) isn't that trouble if you have good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Medic, who actually revives allies, always on the top of scoreboard.

 

9 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

Stats I'd like to see on the scoreboard...

Kills / Deaths / Capture assist points / Heals / Revives / Headshots / Times given up / Times bled out / Teamkills

ZiGreen: it is not true, I have seen in PR that people who are gunner and drivers of APC/MBT are in top five for killing tons of people

Mad Ani: you forgot to include transportation points for heli pilots because they are making a big effect on the battlefield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

don't quote me on this but I've seen a dev response somewhere in the forums stating that the game is a little bit too fast paced for their liking right now and there will be some small adjustments to slow it down a bit.

I remember reading Ross saying they'll slow down the movement speed gradually.

I'm sure the best way to do it would be to slow down movement speed by 5% each patch so you get the frog in the pot effect going on. Nobody will notice that they're getting slower bit by bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rybec said:

I remember reading Ross saying they'll slow down the movement speed gradually.

I'm sure the best way to do it would be to slow down movement speed by 5% each patch so you get the frog in the pot effect going on. Nobody will notice that they're getting slower bit by bit.

I wasn't only talking about the movement speed but slowing the tempo of the game as a whole. We'll see how it turns out. I don't know anything specific.

Edited by MultiSquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×