Socrates

Will the Developers Make a Push to Attract Female Players?

Is there a possibility that developers will make a push to attract female players to play Squad? Whatever that push may consist of?

I feel that we all need more girls in our squads. There may be a correlation -> More girls in squads <-> Better communication and teamwork and success in the match

Edited by Socrates

Do you mean, are they going to market specifically to girls? Do any games do that?

Edited by Mumble

If girls wanted to play Squad they'd play it. I don't see what the developers can really do to increase the number of girls playing the game.

18 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Is there a possibility that developers will make a push to attract female players to play Squad? Whatever that push may consist of?

I feel that we all need more girls in our squads.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/5d/5d64f37f5450a15d8bd17276bf466373e530fa198951a49b08262c7ed5eff7d2.jpg

Edited by Willertz

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

I feel that we all need more girls in our squads.

WAT

2 hours ago, Idartd said:

There's more girls in Squad than you think. My girlfriends been enjoying it :P

Suuuuure, you "girlfriend" *wink wink* 

lol jk.

the other day I heard a girls voice on local, at first I thought I was just too drunk/high n I must be trippin', but nope, it was, believe it or not, a real girl! I know, crazy huh?!

Just make sure that dog Anita Sarkeesian gets to censor the game and all the rainbow farters will play along just fine.

4 hours ago, Socrates said:

I feel that we all need more girls in our squads. There may be a correlation -> More girls in squads <-> Better communication and teamwork and success in the match

Also.... what? Why would this be? I'm not vying for position either way but ..... what? 

That's as random as saying we need more redheads in our team to promote good FOB building and people with green eyes are amazing on the SAW.

5 minutes ago, GonzoPR said:

Also.... what? Why would this be? I'm not vying for position either way but ..... what? 

That's as random as saying we need more redheads in our team to promote good FOB building and people with green eyes are amazing on the SAW.

HahahahahahagGahahahahahaha. This is prob the funniest topic on here. 

I don't think the Devs will because there doesn't need to be a push to attract them. If women want to play Squad they will. The Devs shouldn't have to make changes to their ideas or the way they handle things to try to be more appeal to a specific group/demographic. Squad is for anyone that enjoys a semi realistic environment with heavy emphasis on team play. I basically just repeated what everyone else said but whateverrr

I don't know what the devs could do. But the community could always be more or less welcoming, I think. I haven't spent enough time with Squad community to say one way or the other, but I can speak of other games where it's pretty clear that it's a "boys club" -- not because of the game developers, but just because of the gamers who play and what they say. 

So I guess I would just say try to treat people with respect regardless of their demographic, and at that point -- what else can you do?

Heck, there are/were plenty of women in the armed forces. Seems like the vet community is pretty strong around here. Guess you could try and recruit from vet communities? Not sure. 

But I wouldn't think the devs could do much there, tbh. 

EDIT: For instance, when I've played CS:GO and a girl speaks on the team, most of the team mates will make some kind of "ZOMG! It's a girl!" reaction, and I've heard people say -- I kid you not -- "Counter Strike is a man's world where he leaves the b***hes behind and relaxes!" Clearly, that's not exactly a welcoming environment. 

But if you treat girls like any other gamer then I'd say you're being welcoming. Since that's what we're here for. The game. Right?

Edited by wobb

...simple,

Girl checks steam, reads Squad, decides if she likes it, and final makes her decision. Girls can play anything Man can. there are No Gameplay designs that "Brings" girls but the Themes of the game. since COD/BF/CT all have tons of girls playing...i just take as Squad being unknown/nich game then any Theme.

Wow. You really do make some of the absolute worst threads Socrates, when you wake up in the early afternoon you must hop on the Squad forums and think to yourself "What absolute fucking drivel can I post on the forums today?".

1 hour ago, TotalEclipse said:

Wow. You really do make some of the absolute worst threads Socrates, when you wake up in the early afternoon you must hop on the Squad forums and think to yourself "What absolute fucking drivel can I post on the forums today?".

Australia getting right to the point.

I'm just curious what the op thought would increase female sales . Clearly he had some kind of idea to suggest it.  

This thread is right up there with the 500 threads asking about vehicle 400 threads about x weapon and 300 threads about jets and helicopters.

If only we could sensor stupid threads,  quick someone make a chrome extension. 

How would they even market the game to female gamers? Because so far all you've said is that you reckon there's a need for female gamers, no plan for implementation other than saying that it would result in more teamwork.

Edited by PinguThePenguin

I hope the Devs don't 'make a push' to attract female players as that could mean changing the game from what it is. If females want to play the game as is,  I for one,  welcome them. They'll get no special or derogatory treatment from me apart from praise in being brave enough to join what is a male dominated game format.