Sign in to follow this  
Kreamy

Let's try this: using local chat for casual conversation

Squad Leaders, at the beginning of the match can you ask your squaddies to keep casual talk on local comms only?  I have done it multiple times and it makes it WAY easier to hear and communicate on the command chat.  I figured if enough SLs start doing it, then it will become the norm and is a quick fix until/if a radio filter is applied in the future.  Just an idea.

Yes i do it already, if my squad dont do this or i forgot it i just scream out "cut comms now!" It worked all the Time.

2 minutes ago, Jaghammer said:

Yes i do it already, if my squad dont do this or i forgot it i just scream out "cut comms now!" It worked all the Time.

Yep, that is the good thing about being German... we really can scream at those maggots!

Yes, banter on local. Squad radio chat reserved for crucial comms... apart from certain exceptions.

In general local chat is heavily underutilized. Poeple should use it more.

And for goodness sake we need a mute/half-mute button for those moments where either your teammates or other SLs dont STFU. If squaddies yammer away on local at least i can run away from them into a quiet corner and listen to what's important. When other SLs spam the comms there is literary nothing you can do - its infuriating. 

Inb4 multitasking 4 different comms sources is daily bread for SLs meme. Yeah... no. My brain freezes if there are multiple people talking at the same time and im sure im not the only one here.

This mute idea is good, but im the one Who never can use because i do forget to unmute when needed. ^^

"Clear Comms! STFU!.....can't hear damn command channel!" Works pretty well ....then if they are a douche about it they lose their place in the squad, they TK SL, get kicked, medic revives SL, all is well in the universe.

59 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Sometimes you cant hear yourself think....!!!!!

So STFU wookie404 :) oh did i say that out loud hehe

Haha, it's very true..... When the squad lead channel, and squad channel are going at the same time it just kind of blends together into the sound of the devil and can make a man go insane.

...meh,

i dont care about that. when walking fing miles...a group chat makes the time go by fast and normally the chats ends when combat starts. these are one of those things when i just go "maybe you taking this...to serious mate"

normally the SL does a few things - cut the comms, SL comms are on,  or in Arma BREAK BREAK TANKS! lol

but as long we just walking... meh dont see the point to be super quiet and since local comms as range it gets tricky.

meaning when in Combat or in Danger zones ==> local comms

normal moving around/down time ===> who cares  

Edited by RaulO4