Sign in to follow this  
Socrates

Where did Logar PAAS go?

To everyone who's been playing Squad for a while now, we all know there is that one specific Logar map that has flags lined up like a hexagram, not the one way path Logar. I'm talking about the one where there are flags north and south along the enemy territory + the middle of the city flag. (The whole map is utilized.)

I have only played this map like once or twice ever since the steam release. It looks like servers are not including this map on their rotation.

Why?

This map is challenging and fun in my opinion. Probably one of the hardest maps to play on due to the need to defend both north and south fronts.

F7LoYrz.jpg

5 minutes ago, Socrates said:

To everyone who's been playing Squad for a while now, we all know there is that one specific Logar map that has flags lined up like a hexagram, not the one way path Logar. I'm talking about the one where there are flags north and south along the enemy territory + the middle of the city flag.

I have only played this map like once or twice ever since the steam release. It looks like servers are not including this map on their rotation.

Why?

This map is challenging and fun in my opinion. Probably one of the hardest maps to play on due to the need to defend both north and south fronts.

That's the AAS version I think, the Skirmish version has all the flags grouped together.

I've played it quite a bit, just depends on the server rotation.

Logar PAAS. Most servers take it out of rotation because it is a difficult map to play correctly. This is compounded by:

1: It's 36v36 max instead of 50v50, so it 's hard to have enough people to attack and defend so many points.

2: People are still learning the game, and it ends up being frustrating for the whole team when there's constant back-capping and back-tracking.

Chora does a bit better job of the PAAS for the time being. I'm sure we'll see Logar PAAS back soon, especially when vehicles are here to hasten travel/back-tracking.

Edit: I might have misunderstood which map you were talking about. Can't tell by your description, sorry.

Edited by Mumble

Logar PAAS was a nightmare imo. It will be better with fireteams or the ability to lock your squad to make it smaller to focus on 1 of the 6 flags that were always in play. That layer would quickly turn into "Neutral Merry-Go-Round" in large public games unless the teams were imbalanced.

i would suggest that the Map names should be easier to spell... not like Logar Skrhirmish or Logar PASS STRIXIX (spoiler: overestimated) but maybe Chora Valley / Chora Mountains, Logar Death Valley, Logar Little Black Mountains or something like that... i play Squad over 300+ h now and some Map names are still confusing... just my 2 cents

Logar Parallel Advance And Secure (PAAS) is no longer on the map list.

1 hour ago, S0NNy said:

i would suggest that the Map names should be easier to spell... not like Logar Skrhirmish or Logar PASS STRIXIX (spoiler: overestimated) but maybe Chora Valley / Chora Mountains, Logar Death Valley, Logar Little Black Mountains or something like that... i play Squad over 300+ h now and some Map names are still confusing... just my 2 cents

The Skirmish layers are a different game mode.
And to save confusion, the map (Fools Road, Kohat, Logar etc) is followed by the mode (AAS, Skirmish, ITC, Insurgency).

Examples:

Fools Road Skirmish
Sumari Bala ITC
Logar AAS
Kohat Insurgency

I can't see how giving them specific names would make it easier. Rather, it would make it more confusing.

Edit: For information, skirmish is a 150 ticket game mode. With reduced bleed and tickets for loss/capture. And ITC is insurgent territory control.

6 hours ago, BLITZA said:

And to save confusion, the map (Fools Road, Kohat, Logar etc) is followed by the mode (AAS, Skirmish, ITC, Insurgency).

Examples:

Fools Road Skirmish
Sumari Bala ITC
Logar AAS
Kohat Insurgency

I can't see how giving them specific names would make it easier. Rather, it would make it more confusing.

Edit: For information, skirmish is a 150 ticket game mode. With reduced bleed and tickets for loss/capture. And ITC is insurgent territory control.

i know .. but it is still confusing sometimes... maybe it is just me :/

PAAS has been taken off the list until we can add additional flag functionality to prevent six possible flags in play.

The double neutral mechanic inherent in the current system does not play well with a two lane system. In the future we will be rectifying this issue and re-releasing this gamemode, hopefully with the ability to do 50 v 50 and vehicles. ;)

13 hours ago, BLITZA said:

Examples:

Fools Road Skirmish
Sumari Bala ITC
Logar AAS
Kohat Insurgency

Except for some of them do not follow this method.

Example : Kohat Radio Tower, which is Kohat ITC and OP at First Light vs Op at First Light AAS

Edited by PoleHERbehr

5 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

PAAS has been taken off the list until we can add additional flag functionality to prevent six possible flags in play.

The double neutral mechanic inherent in the current system does not play well with a two lane system. In the future we will be rectifying this issue and re-releasing this gamemode, hopefully with the ability to do 50 v 50 and vehicles. ;)

Hmm.. Can you open up a bit more the double neutral system, I only played handful of partial rounds on PAAS and still are a bit confused on exact CP capturing rule logic.

I also took the freedom to corrected your wording.