Chuc

What's up with Vehicles? Part 1

6 minutes ago, Kalbouneh said:

wasting assets will result in a kick/ban , and assets will be served as per squads name which ever comes first.

getting ambushed/RPGd is part of the thrill :) just like in real life.

for road killing the driver wont stand a chance  because a full squad will be unloading their bullets into his ass :)

I agree,100%.

So... Humvees have bullet resistant glass inserts covering the windows, and they'll stop up to a ball .50* from what I understand, but the main disadvantage to this is that they block a lot of your view after being hit, so will there be a special decal for vehicles with this glass when hit?

Iraq2005077.jpg

*I believe that with .50 it's kind of hit or miss in terms of the likelihood of deflecting a/o blocking it...

23 minutes ago, Dr.Quick said:

I agree,100%.

Not with a humvee... You have to hit the exact same spot multiple times before the bullets will go through. As per my post above^.

edit:

Any MRAP or modern APC will also have this, most vehicles deployed to Afghanistan had them by the end.

12 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Not with a humvee... You have to hit the exact same spot multiple times before the bullets will go through. As per my post above^.

& that's when the rpgs come in handy

4 minutes ago, Kalbouneh said:

& that's when the rpgs come in handy

Yes, but even still, there is no guarantee of having an RPG close at hand when shit hits the fan but given how slow the deployment on the AT weapons that are in game, and their lack of easy range compensation the odds of hitting that vehicle just keeps getting worse. And to answer the guys above with the road rage, no. There is still a .50 cal turret on top that can shred infantry and armor alike.

Forgive my ignorance but are IEDs/mines going to be implemented in some fashion?

3 minutes ago, advion said:

Forgive my ignorance but are IEDs/mines going to be implemented in some fashion?

Yes.

3 hours ago, NotBrad said:

So... Humvees have bullet resistant glass inserts covering the windows, and they'll stop up to a ball .50* from what I understand, but the main disadvantage to this is that they block a lot of your view after being hit, so will there be a special decal for vehicles with this glass when hit?

Iraq2005077.jpg

*I believe that with .50 it's kind of hit or miss in terms of the likelihood of deflecting a/o blocking it...

That looks a lot like an unarmored humvee. 

Here is what a Armored one looks like (look at the Windows/doors)
maxresdefault.jpg

M1114_up-armored_Humvee_HMMWV_light_whee

And here is the one Squad Devs are working on, which is also Armored.
ThunderClap-Squad-humvee8-600x280.png?14

10 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

That looks a lot like an unarmored humvee. 

Here is what a Armored one looks like (look at the Windows/doors)
maxresdefault.jpg

M1114_up-armored_Humvee_HMMWV_light_whee

And here is the one Squad Devs are working on, which is also Armored.
ThunderClap-Squad-humvee8-600x280.png?14

ahhh, I just looked up a pic as a reference of what the decal used would need to look like in relation to bullet resistant glass.

i think with Helis and fast moving vehicles the maps are too small! i dont can imagine how the gameplay will work on the current maps with Helis and fast moving vehicles... this will Change the gameplay 100 percent... now you got couple of minutes to get to the objectives and make your strats... with Helis and so on a enemy vehicle can literally Show up in couple of seconds behind you anywhere of the map? ... i hope they will Balance this **** really good otherwise it will be not a benefit to the game IMO

and i a must is of course that vehicles have limited ammo and have to get back to main base or something to refill their ammo...

Edited by S0NNy

Just now, S0NNy said:

i think with Helis and fast moving vehicles the maps are too small! i dont can imagine how the gameplay will work on the current maps with Helis and fast moving vehicles... this will Change the gameplay 100 percent... now you got couple of minutes to get to the objectives and make your strats... with Helis and so on a enemy vehicle can literally Show up in couple of seconds behind you anywhere of the map? ... i hope they will Balance this **** really good otherwise it will be not a benefit to the game IMO

You don't like how it is done in PR either?

4 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

You don't like how it is done in PR either?

never played PR sadly... :(    how was it in PR?

i just have experience with BF with FPS + vehicles... and i really hope and pray on my KNEES that it will NOT be that way

i see that will be a very frustrating for foot soldiers

maybe i got Panic because i really like the gameplay of Squad at this stage.. ist the best FPS by far for me... i hope the vehicles dont **** this up ... and please put an "Infantry Only" Option in it

Edited by S0NNy

19 minutes ago, S0NNy said:

Well I suggest you do yourself a big favor and try out PR, you will get a great taste for the kind of direction that the squad vehicles will go in. There will be some differences such as the unlimited view distance and far more versatile engine, but I assume the meta will be mostly the same. Basically you don't have anything to worry about, it will be fine :)

It is 100% free to try. 

http://www.realitymod.com/downloads#bf2

(direct DL link for europeans: http://eu2.prta.co/prbf2/prbf2_1.3.5.0_full.iso )

Edited by Psyrus

yeah who ever did not try PR should do so it will give you an idea of what squad will be in the future but in much better amazing way :)

Imagine having to be a 3D artist for IEDs though, searching for references for modelling.

*Googles "IED", "IED parts", "Improvised Explosive Device"

*Knocking on door

*Men in black suits with sunglasses on

5 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

Imagine having to be a 3D artist for IEDs though, searching for references for modelling.

*Googles "IED", "IED parts", "Improvised Explosive Device"

*Knocking on door

*Men in black suits with sunglasses on

That made me chuckle lol

Vehicles are limited in quantity, cost a lot of tickets if downed, take some skill to drive properly, and can be downed by other Vehicles or weapons (HAT in case of terrestrial, AA in case of aerial). So it is pretty balanced, ask anyone Who plays and they will tell you that.

maybe i should just stop panicing and trust the devs, they made their job to this point great so i am positive :)

maybe i should just stop panicing and trust the devs, they made their job to this point great so i am positive :)

If you look at what they managed to create on the bf2 engine, you would have a lot more confidence. Run bf2 and then run PR, they are two different beasts indeed, and pulling that without engine souce code was a monumental job, that's why so many people jumped on Squad when it was announced.

Just now, Zenrique said:

If you look at what they managed to create on the bf2 engine, you would have a lot more confidence. Run bf2 and then run PR, they are two different beasts indeed, and pulling that without engine souce code was a monumental job, that's why so many people jumped on Squad when it was announced.

right...