Jump to content
Chuc

What's up with Vehicles? Part 1

Recommended Posts

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, Lex_Talionis said:

This is why I'd be completely supportive of administration taking away posting rights of people who come here to whine about how long something is taking, or where a certain feature is... I don't care if it takes a whole YEAR to get something done RIGHT! Just make it look good and function correctly! Idiots that want to rush perfection need to stick to titles that haven't really innovated in the past decade!  Don't rush it... Take a step back and have a break every now and then... take all the time you guys need... In the end, like I've said, YOU GUYS are about to set the bar on future FPS/tactical/mil-sim'ish' games! Do it right, and you'll force criminals like EA and Activision to actually WORK to make something worth the money they ask, and MAYBE even innovate!

WE ALL BENEFIT! Thank YOU for all of your time and work! You're doing more for us than just making the game we've been wanting our whole lives!

I could care less about the vehicles now.  The "netcode" is so broken that vehicle just make things worse till Epic/Squad devs figure out wtf is wrong. I can get 60fps on servers with 20 peeps or less.  Go on a server with over 50 and it tanks to under 20-25.  That's not right, something major is wrong.   Fix the game/engine code first.  This is in need of optimization first not vehicles to lag out our fps even more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

I could care less about the vehicles now.  The "netcode" is so broken that vehicle just make things worse till Epic/Squad devs figure out wtf is wrong. I can get 60fps on servers with 20 peeps or less.  Go on a server with over 50 and it tanks to under 20-25.  That's not right, something major is wrong.   Fix the game/engine code first.  This is in need of optimization first not vehicles to lag out our fps even more. 

You need to read up about the animation fix that is due soon. That should give a big boost to fps on high pop servers. Other optimizations will come in time but none are likely to give as big a jump in maintaining fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, just curious , does the unreal engine developers or engineers help you guys with something on this matter :?

Thanks.

Edited by eversmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

You need to read up about the animation fix that is due soon. That should give a big boost to fps on high pop servers. Other optimizations will come in time but none are likely to give as big a jump in maintaining fps.

 

It's gonna be a game changer!.;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

I could care less about the vehicles now.  The "netcode" is so broken that vehicle just make things worse till Epic/Squad devs figure out wtf is wrong. I can get 60fps on servers with 20 peeps or less.  Go on a server with over 50 and it tanks to under 20-25.  That's not right, something major is wrong.   Fix the game/engine code first.  This is in need of optimization first not vehicles to lag out our fps even more. 

The problem with what you are saying is that not everyone has this issue you talk about. In a server with 50 or less I get a pretty consistent 60+ In a 75 man server it dips down to 50ish FPS during big firefights. This is fully playable to me.

I want vehicles in the game because it sucks when you have to spend so much time just walking accross the map in the beginning just to get started. The people with good computers shouldn't have to suffer and wait because of the people with shit computers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thr34t said:

The problem with what you are saying is that not everyone has this issue you talk about. In a server with 50 or less I get a pretty consistent 60+ In a 75 man server it dips down to 50ish FPS during big firefights. This is fully playable to me.

I want vehicles in the game because it sucks when you have to spend so much time just walking accross the map in the beginning just to get started. The people with good computers shouldn't have to suffer and wait because of the people with shit computers.

You would be suffering if vehicles got released in their first testing stage. Desync, teleporting, getting run over by a vehicle on your screen by a friendly but on their their screen, no where near you.  Having a good PC doesn't mean the netcode issues, client side issues and animation issues will just disappear for you.

Vehicles being put off is GOOD. Focusing on quality of content, not releasing patches ASAP because people are impatient. 

Also, the problem you're talking about is not every runs the game as flawless as you. Different PCs, different results. Same PC, different results. My mate has the exact same build as me apart from the Superclocked 980 Ti and he has random drops to 30FPS while I sit at a stable 60FPS 90% of the time. AMD builds have issues with UE4 sound components due to it not sitting well with AMD CPUs.

Devs can't build a game around a small minority, they have to build it around everyone to please the wider audience of players, not please the few loud ones. Just because some have a good PC, doesn't mean the devs have to cater towards people with that kind of build.

Edited by Dubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleaned up this thread a little. Move the off topic banter to a different area, if you feel you need to continue it. I see some petty and disrespectful comments in here too, cut that out.

Try to keep on topic, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

This picture make me look forward to it more and more each time

humvee6.jpg

Its gonna add a whole new aspect to the game. Really going to be an awesome feature once implemented. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Boxknife said:

Its gonna add a whole new aspect to the game. Really going to be an awesome feature once implemented. 

The photo is pretty awesome. Hopefully with the release of vehicles, we can have some interesting weapons down the line to counter these with. Would make for some awesome ambush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2016 at 2:44 AM, Boxknife said:

Its gonna add a whole new aspect to the game. Really going to be an awesome feature once implemented. 

oh yeah patrolling hunting for caches/hideouts etc , provide cover for inf as they move along, all kind of sexy shit :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20. 3. 2016 at 1:44 AM, Boxknife said:

Its gonna add a whole new aspect to the game. Really going to be an awesome feature once implemented. 

Be a little more realistic, guys :D Getting vehicles will mainly bring bickering over who gets to use them and who wasted them, tons of roadkilling and RPG guys waiting to ambush you everywhere, not to mention a flood of "vehicles are too OP, fix pls" threads on the forums. I like your optimism, but come on, this is still an online shooter we're talking about :D

Edited by MultiSquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.Quick said:

How?Explain,pls.

what i mean by " we can already see this in squad " is that vehicles will be coming soon and they will be used just like in the pics.

Obviously people will not gta in squad or waste assets and who does they will get kicked :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

Be a little more realistic, guys :D Getting vehicles will mainly bring bickering over who gets to use them and who wasted them, tons of roadkilling and RPG guys waiting to ambush you everywhere, not to mention a flood of "vehicles are too OP, fix pls" threads on the forums. I like your optimism, but come on, this is still an online shooter we're talking about :D

wasting assets will result in a kick/ban , and assets will be served as per squads name which ever comes first.

getting ambushed/RPGd is part of the thrill :) just like in real life.

for road killing the driver wont stand a chance  because a full squad will be unloading their bullets into his ass :)

 

Edited by Kalbouneh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×