Chuc

What's up with Vehicles? Part 1

11 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

Thanks Roy! Great work guys, keep it up. Love the info, hopefully these shut up the haters on steam complaining about vehicles. 

"Amen to that;brother!"...;-)

No more tears, it has been written in stone...

Thanks for sharing with us Roy, it was very interesting to read and it gives us some insight!

If I may be so bold, I think you should have posted this in january to give the majority of players a better understanding of the pushed date for implementing vehicles, but definitely better late than never!

13 minutes ago, sentienthaze said:

Thanks for sharing with us Roy, it was very interesting to read and it gives us some insight!

If I may be so bold, I think you should have posted this in january to give the majority of players a better understanding of the pushed date for implementing vehicles, but definitely better late than never!

Don't worry, they'll come out, eventually... Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Can we expect a video at least showing off what they can do right now? Similar to the one with the foliage bending?

thats how I want a devblog to be. a lot of in depth information with a few pics. (ofc a video always is nice, but isn't necessary or available for every single topic)

btw. i really want to say that you guys are doing an exceptional good job on keeping the community up to date.

keep up the good work!

Edited by flexAUT

1 hour ago, Kopets said:

Didn't get what was the deal with pawns. In UE4 documentation handling it looks fairly simple

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Gameplay/HowTo/PossessPawns/Blueprints/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikcOYLkQsxU

Mostly with code we've already had written, nothing wrong with UE4.  You can write code that assumes that your possessed pawn will always be of a certain type.  This manifests itself in simple issues like casting to your type without checking if the cast failed.  But, it also manifests itself in very hard issues like weapon's recoil patterns being an animation that relies on the Soldier skeleton.  

You probably already written part 2 but can't show us cuz all the spoilers.  :D

Edited by DundA

21 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

When I saw this page, nearly jizzed in my pants...

wtf?????

14 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

They pulled it down right after I posted, kind of suspicious...

Lets hope for the best

9 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

They pulled it down right after I posted, kind of suspicious...

They just trolling us :) ;) Or you...

Edited by DundA

14 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

When I saw this page, nearly jizzed in my pants...

ZrsbaVf.png

Its fake. The article id should be higher than 86

1 minute ago, mastah4 said:

Its fake. The article id should be higher than 86

I dont hope so It makes me angry! you dont wanna se me ANGRY!!!   ......oh yearh you cant se me. :D

1 hour ago, RoyAwesome said:

Mostly with code we've already had written, nothing wrong with UE4.  You can write code that assumes that your possessed pawn will always be of a certain type.  This manifests itself in simple issues like casting to your type without checking if the cast failed.  But, it also manifests itself in very hard issues like weapon's recoil patterns being an animation that relies on the Soldier skeleton.  

When was Alpha 4 released? I totally forgot the date it was released.