Chuc

What's up with Vehicles? Part 1

3 hours ago, Zeno965 said:

So you dont even know that Frostbite is a Dice/EA internal engine? you basicly confirmed that you have no idea of gamedevelopment.. So why bother making wierd claims about something you dont even understand?

Actually I understand it totally.  You just like to troll people who don't kiss your ass.

2 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Actually I understand it totally.  You just like to troll people who don't kiss your ass.

You're wrong. I've known Zeno and this community longer than you have, and I can assure you that he couldnt give a less of a shit on who likes him and who doesn't. Unless youre in the squad modding hub and work with gaming engines on a daily business, you clearly don't know what you're talking about, and at this point have resorted to defending your claim by going as far as calling the developers cheap. 

The fact of the matter is, AMD's usually never have the upper hand with gaming engines, and with UE4's unlimited draw distance, it should be a no brainer that you'll see issues there. 

I'm not trying to be rude here, just trying to not create a shitstorm before this thread gets locked because of you . If you ever have any issues with anyone (including myself), take it to PM. Until then either suck it up, provide constructive feedback in another thread, or get back on topic.

Very nicely done, but what vehicles are being made for the militia? Seeing as they are poor Russians maybe make a copy of the Ladas such as the Lada Niva or the Vaz 2101, that'll immerse us even more, but it's just a suggestion. Thanks for everything you're doing

please no OP vehicles, pls no BF4-alike, please no 10 vehicles per side per map ... please just no OP

*EDIT* *looking afraid at BF4 and other games* (...when there is no need in playing infantry anymore...) etc etc etc ... you get the point

Edited by S0NNy

S0NNy go play PR, if you don't like that then you won't like this... 

5 hours ago, S0NNy said:

please no OP vehicles, pls no BF4-alike, please no 10 vehicles per side per map ... please just no OP

*EDIT* *looking afraid at BF4 and other games* (...when there is no need in playing infantry anymore...) etc etc etc ... you get the point

M8 you'd be lucky to have 10 vehicles in total for both sides at this stage in development, tanks or APC's will be good in the hands of people that know how to use them, but their all weak to ATGM's :P

On 6/24/2016 at 6:29 PM, Shanic said:

M8 you'd be lucky to have 10 vehicles in total for both sides at this stage in development, tanks or APC's will be good in the hands of people that know how to use them, but their all weak to ATGM's :P

And didn't mention IFV/Tank Need Driver and Gunner(no solo veh) to operate it. Vehicle is really neat in PR:BF2

To be honest, I feel like there will be a max of 10 vehicles on each side at any time. 2 APCs, 3 technicals, and the rest a variety of unarmed transports.

And what the guy above me said, you won't be able to be a combat effective APC with only one person. You're going to need a crew to man an armoured vehicle.

We must not forget that the heart of Squad is combined forces. Don't whine if you're getting killed by vehicles. Either counter them, or get out of the way.

Edited by Doc Murphy

5 hours ago, Doc Murphy said:

We must not forget that the heart of Squad is combined forces. Don't whine if you're getting killed by vehicles. Either counter them, or get out of the way.

"if you cant kill it, leave it alone" is a mantra people should learn by heart ;) i can assure you people will learn to fear vehicles soon enough :P

This long thread sure was a good read.  I'm stoked for vehicles and would love to be able to sitting in the gunner seat of a M270 like I did in my service.  That would be a long way off and not very likely but everything so far looks and sounds awesome.

10 minutes ago, SCE_Incydyus said:

This long thread sure was a good read.  I'm stoked for vehicles and would love to be able to sitting in the gunner seat of a M270 like I did in my service.  That would be a long way off and not very likely but everything so far looks and sounds awesome.

Mobile artillery will almost certainly be in the game. ^_^

I don't know how long from now, but I'm sure it's planned.

19 hours ago, Doc Murphy said:

You mean mods right? 

Because there really is no way I can see a  M270 fit into the base game. Mobile artillery, like a Toyota with some rockets on the back, sure. But a M270 plays in an entirely different league. 

Edited by Quatsch

19 hours ago, Doc Murphy said:

where in the world did you get that impression?

1 hour ago, Quatsch said:

You mean mods right? 

Because there really is no way I can see a  M270 fit into the base game. Mobile artillery, like a Toyota with some rockets on the back, sure. But a M270 plays in an entirely different league. 

Well, technicly any projectile firing vehicle can be used as Arty over a certain calibur, maybe he just means mobile mortars? or a IFV with some AP rounds.

Keep on trucking Offworld Dev's, the game is looking great .....can't wait for the Vehicles to make its debut in the game.

trucking.jpg

We did have rocket technicals in PR...

I am just wondering what it will be like to contest vehicles firing on infantry from 500M, while the INF only have 3 rpg round's per squad and there is no way to set/range their sights!!!!

That alone will make the armed vehicles OP.

Fix the LAW and RPG sights so that you can set range, and give us some way to measure range in game, then bring out the rest of the toys. 

1 hour ago, Br@nnen said:

-SNIP-

I wouldn't consider the vehicles "OP", they are actually pretty balanced when there is quite a few players on in each team. I can only see it being an issue with a low player count when there is not people to cover the necessary kits.

With the introduction of the new weapons, the vehicles are quite easy to disable. Small maps like Sumari, drivers have to constantly be aware of their surroundings. I have died plenty of times because i'm forced to go a route that i don't want to go on.

11 minutes ago, LevelPulse said:

I wouldn't consider the vehicles "OP", they are actually pretty balanced when there is quite a few players on in each team. I can only see it being an issue with a low player count when there is not people to cover the necessary kits.

With the introduction of the new weapons, the vehicles are quite easy to disable. Small maps like Sumari, drivers have to constantly be aware of their surroundings. I have died plenty of times because i'm forced to go a route that i don't want to go on.

I look forward to seeing how people react when they find out this isn't BF4 :P

1 minute ago, BrossParavoss said:

Guys, don't forget — instead BTR, vehicle hasn't a good sight. I guess vehicles will be use at cap zone.

You can't cap inside vehicles.