Chuc

What's up with Vehicles? Part 1

4 minutes ago, Dundish said:

Nope... I dosen't have any problem in other games sooo...

BTW and I play in 1440p.

Clearly it's a problem on your end if you think you have a high end PC. A lot of us have one and play at 1440p 4k.. and performance is perfect! Check out the HIGH preset and see if that works out for you, I know for me it's a solid 60 FPS!

On 5/3/2016 at 2:18 AM, Major Trouble said:

PR is doing it and OWI devs were involved there. They know what's needed. Have faith.

Yeah but PR is a mod off bf2 so they didn't really make there own vecs but i do trust the squad devs to be able to put vecs into the game.

35 minutes ago, jaycrazzy8 said:

...so they didn't really make there own vecs...

That is not exactly true.

On 6/18/2016 at 3:31 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

If we've vehicles or not,we're here to test this out,give our DEV's feedback/report bugs and then they can sorte it out...

Some of you youngsters wouldn't believe what we had,back in the days...Playing DeltaForce with Dialup internet connection,lulz,you lot wouldn't have survived.

Anyhow,FPS will come,you'll now that!!. :D

Ahh yes, you don't know what cheating is until you die from an invisible automatic grenade launcher in the sky. However, they were still great times.

4 hours ago, AtlaS. said:

That is not exactly true.

Well its not like they had to start from scratch 

2 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

This game was basically starting from scratch with the new buggy UE4.  Only way they could afford to develop game.

1: wat?

2: wat?

4 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

English your second language??

20 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

This game was basically starting from scratch with the new buggy UE4.  Only way they could afford to develop game.

Well first of all, welcome to Earth. Not everyone is fluent in English and judging by that sentence you aren't either so there's no need to be rude. :)

Second of all, that's not the only way they could afford to develop a game. Unity? CryEngine? Kickstarter? Early Access?

Third, they were talking about Refractor when it comes to starting from scratch. The same way modders won't have to start from scratch for Squad because the developers have done all the technical leg work to make it easy.

1 minute ago, Assifuah said:

Well first of all, welcome to Earth. Not everyone is fluent in English and judging by that sentence you aren't either so there's no need to be rude. :)

Second of all, that's not the only way they could afford to develop a game. Unity? CryEngine? Kickstarter? Early Access?

Third, they were talking about Refractor when it comes to starting from scratch. The same way modders won't have to start from scratch for Squad because the developers have done all the technical leg work to make it easy.

Well first of all, adding that smiley face doesn't make your statement any less obnoxious than his.

they were working on this long before any of your examples were available to them. All except KS require the same effort before they could get any money. And few would have backed up the kickstart campaign if there wasn't the promise of a playable version within weeks of the campaign's end.

No comment.

8 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Well first of all, adding that smiley face doesn't make your statement any less obnoxious than his.

they were working on this long before any of your examples were available to them. All except KS require the same effort before they could get any money. And few would have backed up the kickstart campaign if there wasn't the promise of a playable version within weeks of the campaign's end.

No comment.

Mate, I've been adding smileys to my directed posts for a long long time. Nothing new here, so I don't know why you're suddenly pointing the finger now. :):):):) 

Those engines have been around for years. Unreal Engine 4 has been around for a while as well, the initial releases were out since like mid-2012. If I'm not mistaken, pre-production for Squad was also going on long before 2014. However, you seem to be pretty sure that your claims are 100% fact, especially with the promise of a playable version being available within weeks of the campaign's end and how few people would have backed it without it.

If you're going to argue that Unreal Engine 4 was available long before Unity and CryEngine 3 then I'm afraid I can't even respond to that. lol.

47 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

Mate, I've been adding smileys to my directed posts for a long long time. Nothing new here, so I don't know why you're suddenly pointing the finger now. :):):):) 

Those engines have been around for years. Unreal Engine 4 has been around for a while as well, the initial releases were out since like mid-2012. If I'm not mistaken, pre-production for Squad was also going on long before 2014. However, you seem to be pretty sure that your claims are 100% fact, especially with the promise of a playable version being available within weeks of the campaign's end and how few people would have backed it without it.

If you're going to argue that Unreal Engine 4 was available long before Unity and CryEngine 3 then I'm afraid I can't even respond to that. lol.

I think you misinterpreted my point.

I'm saying that regardless of engine choice they'd still have waited as long as they did to ask for money in exchange for their game. The engine choice just doesn't factor into the equation, this isn't Star Citizen, and can't possibly attract the same crowd as a game like that could. They needed a proof of concept to distinguish themselves from PR2 as well as something to prove their ability and they did exactly that.

You can speculate all you want about what they could have been/done, but I base my statements on what did happen.

58 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

I think you misinterpreted my point.

I'm saying that regardless of engine choice they'd still have waited as long as they did to ask for money in exchange for their game. The engine choice just doesn't factor into the equation, this isn't Star Citizen, and can't possibly attract the same crowd as a game like that could. They needed a proof of concept to distinguish themselves from PR2 as well as something to prove their ability and they did exactly that.

You can speculate all you want about what they could have been/done, but I base my statements on what did happen.

1 hour ago, NotBrad said:

they were working on this long before any of your examples were available to them.

Hardly misinterpreted it. There's only one way to take that and clearly it was wrong.

Speculate...? Oh deary me. Feel free to PM dawg, getting off topic here.

3 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

English your second language??

I was trying to imply that you made 2 pretty uninformed statements.

1: UE4 is not buggy at all relative to other game engines out the (everything is relative)

2: Using UE4 was far from the only way that they could have made this game. its an analysis of what needs the team had and what engine fullfilled those needs. 

or maybe you have a better suggestion for a game engine since you seem so well informed :D

18 hours ago, Zeno965 said:

I was trying to imply that you made 2 pretty uninformed statements.

1: UE4 is not buggy at all relative to other game engines out the (everything is relative)

2: Using UE4 was far from the only way that they could have made this game. its an analysis of what needs the team had and what engine fullfilled those needs. 

or maybe you have a better suggestion for a game engine since you seem so well informed :D

That's your opinion, not a fact.  They, in all likelihood,  couldn't afford to build this using a more refined and polished engine unless it was basically free like the UE4 deal basically was.  I bet many of the other engines available don't have the same issues with AMD as UE4 does.  You get what you pay for, or in this case, don't pay for.

17 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

That's your opinion, not a fact.  They, in all likelihood,  couldn't afford to build this using a more refined and polished engine unless it was basically free like the UE4 deal basically was.  I bet many of the other engines available don't have the same issues with AMD as UE4 does.  You get what you pay for, or in this case, don't pay for.

Anonymous+used+roll+picture+anonymous+ro

i dont even...

20 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

you still haven't suggested another commercially available engine for the game to be developed on...

8 minutes ago, Squike said:

you still haven't suggested another commercially available engine for the game to be developed on...

inb4 cryengine.

AFAIK engine licensing price was the major factor behind choosing ue4 (source code free until you hit an amount of revenue, then a percentage of it is paid for engine license). But there is no guarantee devs wouldn't have ran into the same difficulties were it another engine. Perhaps different problems, but no engine is perfect, specially with the requirements devs are aiming with Squad : big maps, long range view, 100 players. Few engines can cope with that.

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Zenrique said:

AFAIK engine licensing price was the major factor behind choosing ue4 (source code free until you hit an amount of revenue, then a percentage of it is paid for engine license). But there is no guarantee devs wouldn't have ran into the same difficulties were it another engine. Perhaps different problems, but no engine is perfect, specially with the requirements devs are aiming with Squad : big maps, long range view, 100 players. Few engines can cope with that.

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

from what i heard from speaking with the devs, the very well made Unreal documentation was also a huge part of the decicion to go with UE4

7 hours ago, Squike said:

How's Frostbite for you.

5 hours ago, Zeno965 said:

from what i heard from speaking with the devs, the very well made Unreal documentation was also a huge part of the decicion to go with UE4

And like I stated and you just corroborated that it was practically free to use.

16 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

How's Frostbite for you.

So you dont even know that Frostbite is a Dice/EA internal engine? you basicly confirmed that you have no idea of gamedevelopment.. So why bother making wierd claims about something you dont even understand?