Chuc

What's up with Vehicles? Part 1

On 4/25/2016 at 1:56 AM, ploddit said:

hat is that on the second Humvee some kind of vision IR device?

The 40mm guy has forgotten his ammo, plus these seem to be sort of half armoured with not much for the cupola.

20uqq0i.jpg

That's a light infantry heavy weapons platoon, looks like someone from D Co 1-504 in the 82nd. Picture is taken during training, as you can tell by the BFA on the 240. Since there aren't blank grenades the Mk19 goes out without any rounds and has a lot of fun shouting pew-pew-pew like an idiot. The 2nd truck is rocking an ITAS and 240 on a pintle mount, and again since it's training and there aren't training rounds for the ITAS the guy is doing a lot of make believe. Behind them is a .50 and the last truck in line looks like it is another Mk19. As for the varying amounts of turret armor that's because they're different models, some meant for the ITAS and some for the .50/Mk19. 

Edited by Pesticide20

On 4/28/2016 at 6:01 PM, Scotty Dont NZ said:

What's up with Vehicles? Part 2?

They will show that just before the release of vehicles or the after release of vehicles.

Aghhhh the wait is killing me need muh emplacements and veerhuhcools soon. But gj anyway devs great game great community keep it up.

Edited by Fruityb0ss

20 hours ago, Sgt_Dogface said:

"Just"...getting Netmove & vehicle physics working together...lol

Yeah, they were just doing netmove for couple of months :)

sorry to sound skeptical but does anybody that know about game design have any thoughts on the possibility to get vehicles working? I just remember seeing a mini doc on battlefield and the devs were talking about how incredibly hard it is to get vehicles and infantry to work together online and thats why they are one of the few games that put them all together. the squad devs said they were having difficulty with the netcode and thats specifically what the battlefield devs where bragging about being the only people that can do it. i know planetside has vehicles as well so its not an impossible task but i do know the squad dev team is pretty small.

i want this game to be great and if the vehicles make it in imo it will be the greatest multiplayer shooter of all time. the fact that i could play the game a few months ago perfectly fine and now i cant run it at all is a bit concerning as well. i know its pre release and super early but should we be concerned at all?

7 minutes ago, BANGHART said:

sorry to sound skeptical but does anybody that know about game design have any thoughts on the possibility to get vehicles working? I just remember seeing a mini doc on battlefield and the devs were talking about how incredibly hard it is to get vehicles and infantry to work together online and thats why they are one of the few games that put them all together. the squad devs said they were having difficulty with the netcode and thats specifically what the battlefield devs where bragging about being the only people that can do it. i know planetside has vehicles as well so its not an impossible task but i do know the squad dev team is pretty small.

i want this game to be great and if the vehicles make it in imo it will be the greatest multiplayer shooter of all time. the fact that i could play the game a few months ago perfectly fine and now i cant run it at all is a bit concerning as well. i know its pre release and super early but should we be concerned at all?

Operation Flashpoint was doing it 15 years ago.

Edited by BlackCat

1 hour ago, BlackCat said:

Operation Flashpoint was doing it 15 years ago.

This. Sure, it isn't easy, but these guys are talented enough to pull it off. We should be grateful they're taking the time to do it properly. We could have gotten a half-assed implementation by now, but instead we can expect something a lot better. I think it will be well worth the wait. As far as the performance issues, it sounds like they're killing a lot of birds with a couple stones with these new systems, and that should get better too. This is the painful part of making a game, and we should not be concerned. AAA Publishers would never dream of letting their games be seen in this stage, but all games go through it.  

If the dev's where more open with what they doing they don't have to see stupid questions like.... (Dev's are you working for money or are you slaves?...)

11 minutes ago, Dundish said:

If the dev's where more open with what they doing they don't have to see stupid questions like.... (Dev's are you working for money or are you slaves?...)

I'd rather have a small-ish dev team working on the game than answering those questions.  Those questions are like waves at the beach, you know the next one is coming, it sucks your time away.  We have a playable game, get feedback monthly or better.  The anticipation, highs and lows, make being part of this game worth it.

30 minutes ago, Dundish said:

If the dev's where more open with what they doing 

Ummmm, that's why there is a monthly recap :D

22 minutes ago, carmikaze said:

" more

1 hour ago, carmikaze said:

^^^

2 hours ago, Dundish said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/ We are answering questions on reddit and the forums all the time, but tbh we would rather just get on with implementing than answering the same question every second day.

Looks like things a coming tougher.  I cant wait to get some trans in the game.   Keep up the good work love it all so far.

1 hour ago, carmikaze said:

they have Ben vary open all you need to do is hop on the forms and reed some posts and ask questions of members and devs.  

1 hour ago, xXQuickscopezXx said:

are the vehicles comming next version?

considering everything goes to plan, yes they should be

2 hours ago, WarEagle751 said:

When you devs release vehicles can we get this to counter it? 9_9 

OMG LOL thats funny

6 hours ago, FalkoN said:

considering everything goes to plan, yes they should be

I don't think the Devs ever categorically affirmed that.