Sign in to follow this  
MetehanY

Alive team player should not be able to hear dead players.

Alive team players should not be able to hear dead players. What do you think guys ? (Like in acre module of AA Series)

2 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

Alive team players should not be able to hear dead players. What do you think guys ? (Like in acre module of AA Series)

When you're dead, you get drawn to the spawn screen.

When you're wounded, that's when a medic can heal you, you can still talk when you're wounded IRL

Yes, thank you for your input MetehanY. However, this has been discussed to death (as in beating-a-dead-horse to death), and I recommend using the search function before making new topics. :) Not only is it unlikely this will ever be implemented, it's downright not going to happen for the exact reason ComedyInK stated.

What issue does it cause though?  

It really doesn't seem like it's a big deal to me, especially if said dead person wants to coordinate with their SL on where to spawn next etc.

1 hour ago, ComedyInK said:

This will not be a feature of Squad, as people will circumvent the restrictions and use 3rd party voip software. 

above

1 hour ago, noneed2hate said:

What issue does it cause though?  

It really doesn't seem like it's a big deal to me, especially if said dead person wants to coordinate with their SL on where to spawn next etc.

7 hours ago, ComedyInK said:

This will not be a feature of Squad, as people will circumvent the restrictions and use 3rd party voip software.

yeah agreed, better leave it this way

17 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

above

I was asking in reference to OP's inquiry and presenting a valid reason why it shouldn't be taken out ;)

5 minutes ago, Mumble said:

What do you mean? The issue is that if dead-chat is disabled to alive players in-game, then they lose out on ghost calls ("I'm down, he's to your east!"). If they wanted to get ghost calls back, they could use teamspeak or mumble, thus decentralizing the VoIP system. Even if you don't agree with the fairness of ghost calls, they will happen in some fashion or another, so if the devs want people to stick to in-game chat, then they must allow dead-chat.

as stated just above your comment  I was asking in reference to OP's inquiry and presenting a valid reason why it shouldn't be taken out.

I FORGIVE YOU <3

Edited by noneed2hate

32 minutes ago, noneed2hate said:

as stated just above your comment  I was asking in reference to OP's inquiry and presenting a valid reason why it shouldn't be taken out.

I FORGIVE YOU <3

If you would have known ACRE module ARMA series, even you use 3rd party VoIP software like TS3 after you die people are not going to be able to hear you in that software. I regarded this topic here whether it's discussed or not, because when a person or team do a stealth action to an entire enemy squad, it does not work because of this issue ant not having suppressors (silencers) in the game.

It would be helpful anyway I'm done with this argue. 

5 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

even you use 3rd party VoIP software like TS3 after you die people are not going to be able to hear you in that software.

Yeah they are, people will start using TS3 rather than VoIP because they can continually talk without restriction (death) and if your whole squad is on TS3 then yes they can hear you, even if it's one or two they can relay information back to the squad.

VoIP topics have been brought up a lot (death, local etc) and they've been knocked down, it isn't gonna happen.

9 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

because when a 1. person or team do a stealth action to an entire enemy squad, it does not work because of this issue ant not having suppressors (silencers) in the game.

1. Lone wolfing is a big no no.

2. Suppressors aren't gonna be in the game.

In my opinion the ability to shot the WIA should be introduced.

That would solve the problem of the wounded people talking about what they hear and the amazing lack of realism of bulletproof wounded people.

Is it a war crime to shot down a wounded enemy? yes, and so? it happens all the time, in all armies. It's up to the player and the squad leader to put boundaries to what he can do with his weapon, not God's rule.

If you still want to keep this leap of coherence with the mil-sim then at lease add a strong white noise to the wounded guys so that they can't detect what's going on around them and telegraph it to the rest of the squad. If they're isolated from the surrounding environment, at least they will not 'ghost-spoil' an ambush.

Only my 2 cents,
cheers, F.

It has been discussed many times. Voip in Squad doesn't simulate radio communication and shouldn't have any restrictions which would make 3rd party voip soft more preferable.

My point is different: you can even call on the phone your buddy, but if the GAME doesn't produce any useful sound, you can only tell him that "you're down, probably hit from around the corner" but not keep shouting things like "Enemy on my body, more than one, moving south". Plus I'm not saying you need to silence the mic on the game....

I understand that I'm new here and I my 2 cents worth 2 cents, but I've read the ng and didn't find any easily programmable, make-sense solution to the WIAs ghosting. I think that besides being able to shot down the wounded, muffling the surrounding sounds is the second best solution to beat both ghosting and VoIP.

Cheers, F.

Edited by Federico

21 minutes ago, Federico said:

My point is different: you can even call on the phone your buddy, but if the GAME doesn't produce any useful sound, you can only tell him that "you're down, probably hit from around the corner" but not keep shouting things like "Enemy on my body, more than one, moving south". Plus I'm not saying you need to silence the mic on the game....

I understand that I'm new here and I my 2 cents worth 2 cents, but I've read the ng and didn't find any easily programmable, make-sense solution to the WIAs ghosting. I think that besides being able to shot down the wounded, muffling the surrounding sounds is the second best solution to beat both ghosting and VoIP.

Cheers, F.

That should work.