Sign in to follow this  
YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Anti-Tank Launcher Optics.

1 minute ago, KTMR29 said:

It's already disappointing that landing an OG-7 in the middle of a squad, does slightly bigger damage than a hand grenade.

Just curious, since you have experience in the field, what should the OG-7 frag do to a squad?

7 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

iSIkOKM.jpg

Damn, what is up with your lower?

Edited by Hunter_Sh0tz

12 minutes ago, Mumble said:

Just curious, since you have experience in the field, what should the OG-7 frag do to a squad?

Just so we are square.

It's a 1.7/2kg warhead, had about 250 grams of explosive and a huge pre-formed "waffer" Once it hits the ground and detonates it covers about 30m of killzone. Even 15m ingame should result in total carnage  in a squad of 7/8/9 in diamond or circle pattern. The whole squad should be basically wounded and incapacitated. The other thing is that for Talibobs, the ZGI/ZDI-40 airburst from China should be in. We had them in Albania, and the stuff was nasty it was basically lobbing a springloaded mine into a general direction. That crap had about 500/600 steel bearings/balls going every where in a radius of 25/30m. Explosive charge about 350gr.

^ 1:00 Jesus, squad Devs got it really close in game with the Visuals on the RPG.

Edited by LMR Sahara

Visuals in game are THE BEST rendering of the RPG I've seen. It's the damage that doesn't follow.

Talibobs gonna talibob. Very lucky crew that Taliturds are illiterates. Otherwise instead of the ZGI-40 they might have used a HEAT round.

Even luckier soldiers in foot patrol being targeted "properly" respecting spacing, get out unscathed from ZGI-40 attack.

Edited by KTMR29

3 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

How common is the Carl Gustav?

I don't know personally, Marines do not use the Carl Gustav, we have the SMAW instead.

However, if I recall correctly what our Army advisors (infantry cats) told us was they are predominately used by SF. So, not that common in a regular infantry unit?

@Hunter_Sh0tz What do you mean "what is up with [my] lower"?

5 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

The Canadian Army has it as standard issue for many of the reserve units back home, but I don't think they issued many to the boys overseas since the extra power is kind of redundant whilst significantly increasing the burden on soldiers who are going out on patrol. I don't think you'll see them used much as they are really only worthwhile as an AT weapon due to their weight.

2 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

@Hunter_Sh0tz What do you mean "what is up with [my] lower"?

I think he means that purple tint on rifle lower. I suppose, your rifle was from FN, there is something strange in the way how they are anodizing. But looks cool as hell for me :)

Edited by ZiGreen

20 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

I think he means that purple tint on rifle lower. I suppose, your rifle was from FN, there is something strange in the way how they are anodizing. But looks cool as hell for me :)

Yeah, the bluing is fading, pretty common.

Just now, SgtRoss said:

Yeah, the bluing is fading, pretty common.

Will we see AN/PEQs (at least non-functional), zip ties, duct tape, rail covers etc? You know, some of these little things that make rifle looking actively used and battle proven?

Edited by ZiGreen

54 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Will we see AN/PEQs (at least non-functional), zip ties, duct tape, rail covers etc? You know, some of these little things that make rifle looking actively used and battle proven?

Dummy cord!

11 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

I have been pushing for these things, yes, but not a priority at the moment.

21 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Not very common at all; I never encountered any units in the US Army other than the Rangers that used the CG during my time.

Edited by PoleHERbehr
typo

On 3/10/2016 at 11:18 AM, SgtRoss said:

We had a single AT4 in our gun truck, the rest of the time we mainly carried LAWs. They are very commonly in use at the moment.

the US Army, primarily use LAWs in that theatre.

These were used over the course of about 2 weeks iirc in the height of the fighting season. We were also equipped with LAWs but LAWs were so damn old and after a couple of misfires/no fires we ditched them completely for the Smaw-D's and AT-4's. Esp the Smaw-D's. Rather than one guy carrying two Law's, they divided the loadout to two joes instead of one which of course caused disgruntled bitching. The Smaw-D was preferred b/c of smaller length and the AT-4 is more of PITA to carry through heavy vegetation as shown in the bottom pictures. However, didn't have a unlimited supply of Smaw-D's and once they were used up relativity quickly we went back to carrying the AT-4.

Edit:

To answer the questions I'm getting, you don't leave the tube on the ground b/c the fuckheads will pick it up and try to lure our forces into either IED ambush by displaying a tube in the open or make an IED out of the tube itself. After the charge was spent you carried that tube back for disposal. Just about anything tube shaped was used for directional IED's. I have some pictures somewhere of RPG cases being used this way that the ANA would just leave where the hell ever in the field.

YXO7P7i.jpg

KY53LKf.jpg

zEjhPJi.jpg

Edited by PoleHERbehr
additonal info

Yeah, ultimately it doesn't really matter, most of us that served used both the LAW and the AT4 in both theatres to some extent and in plenty of training, so as a matter of authenticity there really is no argument.

It really is just a matter of if we want to add it in or not and if we do when and why. All of those we can answer ourselves.

57 minutes ago, gibonez said:

I wouldn't mind standard elevation adjustments on the rpg 7s iron sights also.

It's coming, don't worry. Lower priority than fixing animations and adding vehicles.

3 hours ago, PoleHERbehr said:

KY53LKf.jpg

I am so sorry that you guys had to use that god awful ACU 

20 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

I am so sorry that you guys had to use that god awful ACU 

This was early 2010, by the end of our deployment (early 2011) we had been issued Multicam. Iirc it started to get pushed down to us roughly in Nov 2010 and it made a world of difference. Thats why if you see some of the other pictures I've posted I'm wearing like 1/2 and 1/2. I never did get a full issue but the stuff but what  I did receive I coveted and made field repairs on to keep it functional. By the end, my pants looked like something straight out of Frankenstein b/c they had been ripped and sewn back together so many times.  There's nothing like going commando on mission, tearing your crouch out of your pants and having all the locals stare at you with your balls hangin out

Edited by PoleHERbehr

Just now, PoleHERbehr said:

This was early 2010, by the end of our deployment (early 2011) we had been issued Multicam. Iirc it started to get pushed down to us roughly like Nov 2010 and it made a world of difference.

Yeah, shit worked sometimes when the dust settled in (see spoiler below)

(Not my photo)

1205738959.jpg

The new OCP's do a decent job at blending in with most shades of brown. 

7 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Yeah, shit worked sometimes when the dust settled in (see spoiler below)

Hidden Content

The new OCP's do a decent job at blending in with most shades of brown. 

Yes, here is an example. This is in the middle of winter, OCP works even better when there is foliage around.

XDgiGG2.jpg

Edited by PoleHERbehr

1 minute ago, PoleHERbehr said:

Yes, here is an example. This is in the middle of winter, it works even better when there is foliage around.

XDgiGG2.jpg

Yeah, I've always wondered who would be harder to visually spot in a firefight, us with our Multicam, or them (Insurgents) with dust embedded into their clothing. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

3 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Yeah, I've always wondered who would be harder to visually spot in a firefight, us with our Multicam, or them (Insurgents) with dust embedded into their clothing. 

Depends, the Chechen bastards we encountered wore Russian ish camo that similar our BDU's. However, the Tali's worn man dresses and flip flops with bright colors which was significantly easier to see and deal with.

Edited by PoleHERbehr
typo

1 minute ago, PoleHERbehr said:

Depends, the Chechen bastards we encountered wore Russian ish camo that mimicked our BDU's. However, the Tali's worn man dresses and flip flops with bright colors which was significantly easier to see and deal with.

Don't forget the Neon Adidas Sneakers in Iraq ;) 

Just now, LMR Sahara said:

Don't forget the Neon Adidas Sneakers in Iraq ;) 

I think they are fantastic, I wish they would all wear these bright colors =)