ShaunOfCathay

On the overdone genre "World War Two"

15 minutes ago, Dennisz125 said:

EA doesn't have to announce BF 1944, CoD will fail on the multiplayer level.

Maybe...but they did not fail on the one they made way back at the beginning.  Will see.  I wonder if VR will make its way into these new games.

10 minutes ago, Dennisz125 said:

EA doesn't have to announce BF 1944, CoD will fail on the multiplayer level.

Fail how? 

The Call of Duty franchise is consistently towards if not at the top of the sales charts practically every year.    What game is positioned to even match them in terms of sales, Post Scriptum, Fog of War, Days of War, Battalion 1944?  Maybe EA could pose some opposition, but I'm not aware of any other fps game that has the clout to take on the Call of Duty franchise.

COD appeals to the masses on the multiplayer level, so taking history into account...it's not likely to fail.

Just now, XRobinson said:

Maybe...but they did not fail on the one they made way back at the beginning.  Will see.  I wonder if VR will make its way into these new games.

I watched the video that talk about the summary of the live stream, and one of the main points is division.

Just now, SSIXS said:

Fail how? 

The Call of Duty franchise is consistently towards if not at the top of the sales charts practically every year.    What game is positioned to even match them in terms of sales, Post Scriptum, Fog of War, Days of War, Battalion 1944?  Maybe EA could pose some opposition, but I'm not aware of any other fps game that has the clout to take on the Call of Duty franchise.

COD appeals to the masses on the multiplayer level, so taking history into account...it's not likely to fail.

From my opinion when I play CoD, it was boring for me, spawn, shoot and die, 25 times.

EA did announce BattleFront 2 coming out same time as COD WW2....hmmm when will BF 1942 remake get in there?

It's going to be huge, just don't expect it to be much different from the last few versions. Why mess with success? 

Just went over to PCgamer and read article on COD WW2.  Seems not going to be like other COD games, going to have to get a medic to heal and you wont have unlimited ammo either.  Seems they adopted ideas floating around this forum and Squad.  They went for new kind of gameplay so dont think this will be spawn, shoot, die, respawn.

26 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Just went over to PCgamer and read article on COD WW2.  Seems not going to be like other COD games, going to have to get a medic to heal and you wont have unlimited ammo either.  Seems they adopted ideas floating around this forum and Squad.  They went for new kind of gameplay so dont think this will be spawn, shoot, die, respawn.

don't think Squad invented medics

9 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

don't think Squad invented medics

But how medics are used in game.  Need to have medic to revive in Squad so now it seems in COD WW2.  No more regeneration auto.

Jack Frags video...very informative...mentioned a social area which is new.  I kinda went there with building a bar that you can visit and hang out in.  Could Squad make a social area in map like a demilitarized zone where you cant shoot anyone but can do other type of interactions?  Get in bar fights, listen to music, play darts... :) LOL..

23 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

But how medics are used in game.  Need to have medic to revive in Squad so now it seems in COD WW2.  No more regeneration auto.

Source on no health regen? And Squad obviously didn't come up with reviving either, come on.

Watch Jack Frags video?  Never said such things...also has modes that sound similar to Squad game modes...who cares though... :)

8 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Watch Jack Frags video?  Never said such things...also has modes that sound similar to Squad game modes...who cares though... :)

That will be their half-cooked attempt at stealing the BF1 audience. 

Can't wait to see the new game have Americans doing a beach landing, Brits doing special operations, and Russians doing an Enemy at the Gates fight.

They're really good at not trying new countries and battles.

WW2 is overrated !!!!  How about some Vietnam mods, like you know with some actual flyable jets ?

Best Vietnam game ever made and no i do not mean that pile of crap called battlefield bad company 2 Vietnam.

14 hours ago, Devastation said:

WW2 is overrated !!!!  How about some Vietnam mods, like you know with some actual flyable jets ?

Best Vietnam game ever made and no i do not mean that pile of crap called battlefield bad company 2 Vietnam.

Messerschmitt_Me_262_Schwable.jpg

They did have jets in WW2... :)

Whats cool about games is we can add these things they had towards end of war and play them out and really see the advantage they had over earlier technology.  There is no reason not to have jets on a WW2 map and put them up against the slower prop planes.  :)

On 10/03/2017 at 11:06 AM, +++++ said:

As a long time PR player, I've always been keen to do a very different meta game. Having followed the progress of PS, I feel that we are a very, very different game to them.

Obviously though, we wish them the absolute best.

We wish you the same!

Although I'm surprised you know what we intend do when we haven't even released information about our planned gamemodes and features. ;)

24 minutes ago, Arc_Shielder said:

We wish you the same!

Although I'm surprised you know what we intend do when we haven't even released information about our planned gamemodes and features. ;)

He said "feel" not "know", nice post.

2 minutes ago, banOkay said:

He said "feel" not "know", nice post.

Based on information that we have disclosed up until this point, still pertinent since there has been no mention of future content or how different is going to be to SQUAD. It was more of a winking eye/tongue in cheek comment than a bitter one (after all, the games don't even need to look alike in the end to be both good). If anything, nice envs and their overall concept is interesting. I have PM'ed with him in the past and I will follow their progress attentively.