ShaunOfCathay

On the overdone genre "World War Two"

201 posts in this topic
24 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

"jamming"

oh gee, RNG deaths, lovely

We're playing with this mechanic at the moment. If it happens more than once every three or four games then something is wrong (we're talking 1 in 10000 rounds).

Hitting reload on a jam will play an animation of the character clearing the jam.

Jamming will be more of an easter egg in its rarity and much rarer than it's actual historical likelihood. It will also effect machineguns more than any other weapon type, exactly as it did in real life. Similar to changing barrels out.

So we will have PS with its Squad meta and yours, both running on UE4. Both relying on teamworkand communication. I hope yours will play significantly different  that I'll want to play both (sounds like it will).

2km square maps sounds small for 100 players and vehicles though. I guess testing is the best way to be sure on that.

Looking forward to some media like PS have released. Good luck with the project.

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

So we will have PS with its Squad meta and yours, both running on UE4. Both relying on teamworkand communication. I hope yours will play significantly different  that I'll want to play both (sounds like it will).

2km square maps sounds small for 100 players and vehicles though. I guess testing is the best way to be sure on that.

Looking forward to some media like PS have released. Good luck with the project.

As a long time PR player, I've always been keen to do a very different meta game. Having followed the progress of PS, I feel that we are a very, very different game to them.

Obviously though, we wish them the absolute best.

Its time for the future, roll on Battlefield 2142! 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, +++++ said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly update this thread to let you know we're about to announce the title I've discussed here. Our official website can be found HERE.

All media on the website is taken from in-game screenshots. 

Cheers,

The screenshots and descriptions look absolutely incredible, can't wait to see how it comes along. The name could use some work though

Edited by Sorta

Posted (edited)

Come on guy's, I'm gettin' so Hyped it hurts....

I played so many WW2 games throu my life I got generally sick of them,but I'm hopin' this might rekindle my urge again.

Interested in what sort of difference/gameplay this will bring  to the table. 

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, +++++ said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly update this thread to let you know we're about to announce the title I've discussed here. Our official website can be found HERE.

All media on the website is taken from in-game screenshots. 

Cheers,

Is this a mod or is this another standalone? Just wondering...

EDIT: NM, looks like it's your guys' own title. Right?

Edited by IWI-GALIL5.56FA

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

Is this a mod or is this another standalone? Just wondering...

EDIT: NM, looks like it's your guys' own title. Right?

Yes, we're entirely standalone from the ground up. No SDK was used. As such, our weapon mechanics feel closer to Red Orchestra than Squad.

EDIT: To not be disrespectful to the Squad guys, I'm going to hold off talking about our title here further. Thanks for the interest - we're going to be announcing shortly. 

Edited by +++++

13 hours ago, +++++ said:

Yes, we're entirely standalone from the ground up. No SDK was used. As such, our weapon mechanics feel closer to Red Orchestra than Squad.

Nice. If I have to spend money, I'd rather it be on a whole new game instead of a re-skin of squad. Looking forward to the announcement!

Curious to see how this goes- i'd back a(nother)  good game 

Same. The quality of the assets looks good, I always worry about small teams if they can maintain a game after release even assuming they get crowdsourced funding. I wish them the best, it looks great. It's like any small business venture, it's tough to make it. 

Hmmm, hearing rumours of CoD WW2. Back to its roots indeed. Now I'd probably play that for the campaign and a nostalgic element/quick gaming fix but I still prefer a bit more depth to my gaming these days.

You got sources for these rumors?  Let's see...

Just now, XRobinson said:

You got sources for these rumors?  Let's see...

Rumours are easy to find if you look. It's the truth we want.

2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Hmmm, hearing rumours of CoD WW2. Back to its roots indeed. Now I'd probably play that for the campaign and a nostalgic element/quick gaming fix but I still prefer a bit more depth to my gaming these days.

I'm with you. Considering I really liked what the modding community did with COD/COD2 better than the vanilla game even then, I'm not sure I could get that much playtime out of a new COD title, even if it was WW2, my favorite setting.

I found it interesting that nowhere in any of the art are any Axis fighters. USA!USA!USA! :P

10 hours ago, LugNut said:

I'm with you. Considering I really liked what the modding community did with COD/COD2 better than the vanilla game even then, I'm not sure I could get that much playtime out of a new COD title, even if it was WW2, my favorite setting.

The Glorious Old Days of {BdG}, [BHC], <82ndAB>, and the rest :x

Just read article World War 2 online getting a Steam release this summer 2017 seems they got new stuff.  I never played it...just watched video on their site, you can build stuff.  Everyone is going crazy!

On 4/15/2017 at 9:47 PM, XRobinson said:

Just read article World War 2 online getting a Steam release this summer 2017 seems they got new stuff.  I never played it...just watched video on their site, you can build stuff.  Everyone is going crazy!

I tried to play it years ago several times since on paper it sounds awesome. It was really creaky then and the playerbase was at best.... nothing but Rambos and infantile, I could never have a decent experience. Like most sandbox games, it probably played well if you were in a clan, but I just couldn't get into it. 

It looks like they're making some major improvements to the game, I can't believe that it's still running on the same engine from 2001. xD

Checked their page and they have a main goals bar for funding, road map completion, steam, web site, at what percent complete.....maybe Squad could get a goals bar like that too.  They look to be competing with all the new WW2 games going to hit the market. 

They had to have been working on this in secret for some time.... Where's EA's announcement?