ShaunOfCathay

On the overdone genre "World War Two"

Devoting time to making free mod content is about creating what you want to make/play, not what others deem interesting. If others share the same passion they will join and help bring the shared vision to life.

On 3/10/2016 at 11:04 PM, ShaunOfCathay said:

But a WW2 mod for SQ would also be MP. And I'll eat a shoe if the next battlefield is set in WW1, that would be, very weird to say the least. 

So uh

2 hours ago, ShaunOfCathay said:

So uh

How would sir like his shoe done? 

Edited by Major Trouble

I just miss a good ol' game as BF1942 with the current game engines.

Can't wait to see what modders will do with Squad though :D

@+++++  any news on the website and is it public yet. 3 months ago you said the website would be public in 3 months and here we are. I don't mind if it must be delayed. I just want to know if its even already up or its almost ready. Thank you. 

Just thinking outloud....A WW2 campaign mod where the battles dictate what the next map will be.  Consider...and perhaps this has been suggested by others similarly....The first map starts out with aggressors..the Germans...attacking a choice of neighboring countries...if they win...they continue to attack and spread out territory...then Allied countries start their own campaign of counter attacking occupied territories owned by Germans.  Depending on outcome of battles dictates which team gets to pick next map...and next battle...this continues until capital city map is captured and destroyed for any side Axis or Allies.  The Whole Earth is open for attack and defend...this requires of course for all countries and whole earth to be mapped for 1939 to 1945 though...which would be quite an undertaking...but doable. Also all branches of military and vehicles would need building...quite a vision...but doable!  What you think? 

The commander of each team would pick next map and battle plan. Depending on who won previous battle.

No team switching.. Teams would remain until a victor or stalemate. 

Which army you play would be determined by which map your on. 

If its say battle of Atlantic map teams all get navy vehicles...same if its battle of Briton or Midway. 

This way a coherent strategy and war campaign can be achieved in a FPS multiplayer game.

Edited by XRobinson
more thought

everytime i read the title im so lost on the whole "Overdone" of a gern that has been forgotten. how can WW2 be overdown when pretty much every single shooter for the last 5 years have been morden/future base. a handful of ww2 shooter does not = overdone.......but that is just me of course :D 

Instead of thinking flags...think of a map as being like a flag...if you capture all the opponents maps...you have won the war...however if you just capture or destroy just the capital map...and not your opponents other maps...you also can win the war.  In this way your opponent could have all your maps except your capital map...and you could still win the war by just getting your opponents one capital map.  Think of the strategy that could develop in such a layout of a mod for WW2 or modern maps.

On 9.5.2016 at 6:47 AM, ShaunOfCathay said:

So uh

Meh, that "ww1" setting they present in Battlefield 1 is so far removed from reality that it can hardly be considered a WW 1 game... So IMHO you dont have to eat a shoe!

Edited by Kneecap

On 3/17/2016 at 10:15 AM, +++++ said:

We would like to do a Resistance gameplay mode pits a team of Polish resistance fighters against the Nazi occupiers.

Also, I've been doing forest testing today and I'm pretty happy with the results (getting 60 FPS)

Iz9brLT.jpg

Now THAT is a forest.

On 3/17/2016 at 5:15 AM, +++++ said:

Also, I've been doing forest testing today and I'm pretty happy with the results (getting 60 FPS)

Full server???

Sometimes I feel like I'm back at school where the teachers do not allow any fun, only serious study and memorization!  This topic not dead, the thread is not dead, WW2 games are a coming!  I spiced it up with a real WW2 picture!  The victorious Americans at IWO Jima!  This is not contribution to thread?  You bet it is so!  A contribution and a statement!  WW2 games are not dead!  Have fun!

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly update this thread to let you know we're about to announce the title I've discussed here. Our official website can be found HERE.

All media on the website is taken from in-game screenshots. 

Cheers,

29 minutes ago, +++++ said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly update this thread to let you know we're about to announce the title I've discussed here. Our official website can be found HERE.

All media on the website is taken from in-game screenshots. 

Cheers,

Looking pretty sweet!

22 minutes ago, Ratface said:

Looking pretty sweet!

Thanks man, it's been a long time coming! We've worked very hard on out meta game so it'll be cool to see the response.

2 hours ago, XRobinson said:

I'm thunderstruck!  Looks good...

3 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Absolutely smashing mate.

Thanks guys. 

We've paid huge attention to the weapon, movement and UI experience in order to make sure it's as smooth as can be. We've also used BF1 as a benchmark for visual quality. We're excited to show everyone what we've got.