(I dont know that someone opened this topic before if this topic already exists sorry about that and for my English.) As the title said realistic scopes could be amazing. Look at Insurgency or RO those games have awesome scopes very realistic and very f*cking cool. I want to see  those scopes in SQUAD. Love you guys all keep it coming :)) <3 

Indeed and also sliding down the little hills could be awesome cause in PR:BF2 it's being pain in the ass. 

jump like a little happy deer while pressing "S" and you won't hurt yourself... works all the time!

edit: fixed sentence... oh my, was I drunk while typing this?

Render target is pretty harsh on performance, especially for the scale that Squad is trying to achieve.

It would still be nice for it to be an option for users on higher end systems, or even something that may be possible down the line in the game's life.

Render target is pretty harsh on performance, especially for the scale that Squad is trying to achieve.

can you expound on this a little bit, in terms of not-dev? :P  From what I understand, Insurgency2's method of dual rendering scopes and peripheral is pretty resource intensive, is that what you are referring to?

@Spush, ARMA 3 improved their PIP a lot, the impact on the performance is almost 0.

ARMA 3 didn't implement scopes correctly.

I was not talking about scopes, I was talking about PiP in other implementations.

The PiP used for mirrors and cams runs at a reduced framerate and lower resolutions. It would not work the same for scopes.

The PiP used for mirrors and cams runs at a reduced framerate and lower resolutions. It would not work the same for scopes.

Pretty sure it doesn't work if you use SLI/Crossfire. But still.

Actually you can setup the PiP quality in the options menu, but even at max the impact is almost 0, so...

Red Orchestra 2 achieves this without a massive frame-rate drop. It would be seriously disappointing not to see this in squad, at least for the people with machines that can handle it. Perhaps there can be an option for people with lower-end rigs to use the BF2:PR zoom system. Surely this system would all be client-side?

Does Unreal4 support PiP/RTT on a scale like that? I'm pretty sure it does for vehicles but not necessarily for infantry however I'm sure it could be done. I agree that PiP/RTT should at least be attempted, it adds so much more immersion to the game like Ro2 or Insurgency.

I was literally about to start a topic on this.

This is a fan made video by an ARMA fan for what scopes we're going to be like, it would be silly to make the mistake that ArmA did, however it's understandable if it isn't doable.

This is one of my top ten features Id like to see in Squad.

Link to the video:

as long as they dont implent magical zoom to non-scoped weapons I will be happy

mate have you ever looked down ironsights before, when you look down the rear sight aperture aligned with a foresight your vision magnifies a bit.

Trust me, I'm a member of the Army Cadet Force, I've done quite a bit shooting as a cadet myself training for my Lance corporal