Seem's like something that's hard to get right in Game's.

This game does a fairly good job of PIP scope's imo:

600px-Contagion_Rem_700_Aimed.jpg

There's also a  mod for RO2 that tries to simlate lining up the sight picture properly:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/immersion-overhaul-mod/videos/sniping-mechanics-in-v114

H1Z1 has also introduced a sight Blur for Iron-sighted Weapon's (same effect as in the picture, but imagine an M4 sight) not sure if I like it though, arguably it blur's a bit too much of the screen.

Seem's like something that's hard to get right in Game's.

This game does a fairly good job of PIP scope's imo:

600px-Contagion_Rem_700_Aimed.jpg

There's also a  mod for RO2 that tries to simlate lining up the sight picture properly:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/immersion-overhaul-mod/videos/sniping-mechanics-in-v114

H1Z1 has also introduced a sight Blur for Iron-sighted Weapon's (same effect as in the picture, but imagine an M4 sight) not sure if I like it though, arguably it blur's a bit too much of the screen.

Yet that looks nothing like when I have used scopes in the past.

When using short eye relief scopes I see almost nothing of my surroundings. Maybe it would look like that using a scout scope.

I don't see the point in suggesting specific pieces of equipment, much less specific rail attachments. If it's used by any of the forces represented in the game, it'll most likely get included; If not, it won't.

I don't see the point in suggesting specific pieces of equipment, much less specific rail attachments. If it's used by any of the forces represented in the game, it'll most likely get included; If not, it won't.

imagine all the threads that could be condensed down into things like "equipment youd like to see in squad" threads, etc...  :rolleyes: a man can dream.

--snip--

Even pictures with camera doesn't do justice for real life.

Edit. PS that first Galil shooting is not through sights btw. it is shot top of the rear see through hole.

why you want a simulated blurry Vision ? ^^ if you focus your eyes on a target with tunnel vision (especially while concentrate and aiming a 200m+  range target with iron sight) you become a natural blurry vision even on a Monitor.

Exactly, why can't people understand this?! Same thing with the scopes, I heard they were probably gonna make only the scope zoom in, but the outsides of it are blurry, but if you're focusing on the scope then the outside will already be blurry...

I've noticed that the front sight on the rifle is visible in the ACOG, when in reality it gets blurred out due to the way your eye focuses. I've also noticed a large black ring around the picture of the sight, which would not happen unless the soldier is using the eye relief improperly. I honestly think PR's ACOG was more realistic and effective. With the obstruction of the sight and the blur I can't really hit anything with the scope. I, and I think many others would as well, prefer it to look something like this (Disregard the watermark):

DSCF4488-1280x768-watermark.jpg

I get the carryhandle was just a placeholder probably, but perhaps the ironsight rifleman have flipup rear sights instead of the ugly carry handle? I mean just a suggestion p_100003702_1.jpg

I get the carryhandle was just a placeholder probably, but perhaps the ironsight rifleman have flipup rear sights instead of the ugly carry handle? I mean just a suggestion p_100003702_1.jpg

Are carryhandles still in use? Saw some Pictures off 2004,but never saw them again in pictures from the years after it.

+1

I'd like to see MaTech rear sights instead of carryhandles. Both of them, maybe? :)

I think that the weapon accessories should be somehow be able to be customized and choose between different sights and attachments not just by the role you take in the squad, but also to give it your own style

Honestly, back-up sights and carry handles should both be in the game, to simulate how both can be seen in use. Makes the most sense, IMO.

Talking about Iron Sights

What you guys think about Constant Zoom?

I've been seeing a lot of SQUAD videos lately and something that bugs me is the impossibility of hitting a target that is not far away with iron sights. The Iron sights in the game is too small, I do realize it is trying to simulate realism, but right now we don't have a 4K TV that can almost simulate a Eye FOV, where everything is so much wider and bigger.

I saw somewhere that you guys (devs) mentioned about adding zoom when pressing shift, I don't know if it's already in the game, but the footage that I saw, it wasn't enough.

So, I was wondering in making the zoom when using the Iron Sight constant (without having to hold shift), and when holding shift lowers weapon sway after a period of time standing still (for all weapons) .
And a good amount of zoom would be similar to BF3, I think it's pretty good. Like this

Talking about Iron Sights

What you guys think about Constant Zoom?

Ahahahahahhahahahaahaha oh the sweet irony.

Not 3 months back we were being spammed with threads and harsh criticism about how we had "zoom" on all of our weapons when you aimed your weapon.

Now when people actually try the game, we are getting spammed with requests for adding more zoom.

Oh the irony of it all is too much for little tired me, I'm going to bed.

EDIT: Sorry MinxinG, I'm not laughing at you, I am laughing at the irony of it all

Yeah haha!  I saw some guys complaining about the "Bionic zoom", but they didn't realize that it's for the sake of gameplay, even in BF2:PR I have issues hitting a target that is right in front of me using the Iron Sights.

Ahahahahahhahahahaahaha oh the sweet irony.

Not 3 months back we were being spammed with threads and harsh criticism about how we had "zoom" on all of our weapons when you aimed your weapon.

Now when people actually try the game, we are getting spammed with requests for adding more zoom.

Oh the irony of it all is too much for little tired me, I'm going to bed.

EDIT: Sorry MinxinG, I'm not laughing at you, I am laughing at the irony of it all

Someone is a little slap happy.  :P

That's the trouble sometimes you actually have to try a feature before jumping to conclusions. That's why being a semi-open alpha should help to make the best it can be.

We added an eight second FOV shift while holding Shift during ADS as a middle ground and it works well. I personally love the iron sights and get headshots all day with it.

Once you learn the game, you'll appreciate it, helps make the long range firefights a bit longer and more epic. Also, it forces insurgents to get in close, like they are suppose to.

I urge any of you to pick up an AR15 platform with iron sights and find a range that has targets 300yrds away, the front sight post practically covers the whole target. We are at least compromising with the "focus" mechanic.

Not to mention you are all essentially shooting with the standing positions sway at all times, which obviously will not be the case in the future.