Crusader JgBtl292

Other tracer ammunition for MG

the current tracer ammunition is deadly for the gunner, he say "he im here kil me please ! " normal you can`t see tracers from the front !

And i think they are a little to big and bright on the daytime !

is any chance to switch the tracer ammo to tracer sets with delay at 100m !

or , can't find the english word for  ammunition with "glimmspurladung"  it can not be viewed from the front and from the side.  

I would say tracers are ok they are a neccecity with automatic weapons because of the inaccuracy and bullet spread you use the tracers to zero in on the area your trying to supress. Yeah its a double edged in that your opponents can hone in on your location but conventional tracer rounds are tipped with coloured phosphorus its gonna show to all regardless direction. Obviously there needs to be some form of delay because it takes a level of distance before the phosphorus reaches burning temp.

but conventional tracer rounds are tipped with coloured phosphorus its gonna show to all regardless direction

nope , even the normal you can't see from the front. but also from the side. the bright charge is inside the projektile.

the glimmspur is a low tracer they can only see the gunner and the dudes left and right from him

and the other is the tracer with delay  most 100m  yep you can see it from the side ^^

Im accustomed to phosphorus tipped being the most commonly available and used across the globe and i can assure you that from somone who has been on the recieving end of a firefight everyone iv fought with and against use this form of tracer yes i cant see a tracer trail coming dead straight because one i would more than likely be not here to comment and second the tracer effect you see is a burn trail from behind the projectile you will clearly see this trail from the side and rear. The fact a tracer can be seen from the rear and sides is a valuable tool in indicating targets  you can call out to your squad or other friendlies to watch for your tracer.

If there is such a form of tracer round that can only be seen from the rear it must be some form of covert ops or limited use ammunition not readily avialable to conventional forces because everytime iv encountered tracer fire its a fireworks dislay. And in regards to potentialy giving away your position it works both ways.

There might be alternatives out there but this is the tracer the devs have chosen to closely represent what is commonly used.

On 06/03/2016 at 5:42 PM, Axle84 said:

Im accustomed to phosphorus tipped being the most commonly available and used across the globe and i can assure you that from somone who has been on the recieving end of a firefight everyone iv fought with and against use this form of tracer yes i cant see a tracer trail coming dead straight because one i would more than likely be not here to comment and second the tracer effect you see is a burn trail from behind the projectile you will clearly see this trail from the side and rear. The fact a tracer can be seen from the rear and sides is a valuable tool in indicating targets  you can call out to your squad or other friendlies to watch for your tracer.

If there is such a form of tracer round that can only be seen from the rear it must be some form of covert ops or limited use ammunition not readily avialable to conventional forces because everytime iv encountered tracer fire its a fireworks dislay. And in regards to potentialy giving away your position it works both ways.

There might be alternatives out there but this is the tracer the devs have chosen to closely represent what is commonly used.

I my self am a gpmg gunner in the British army. The game does need some kind of delay on the tracer as irl the round needs to travel a set distance before there is enough friction with the air to ignite the phosphorous. So this works well. But also take into account the moment you open up with a lmg or gpmg the world knows where you are. And they are looking to stop the rain

1 hour ago, LazyGhost said:

I my self am a gpmg gunner in the British army. The game does need some kind of delay on the tracer as irl the round needs to travel a set distance before there is enough friction with the air to ignite the phosphorous. So this works well. But also take into account the moment you open up with a lmg or gpmg the world knows where you are. And they are looking to stop the rain

It is something I can ask about, sure.

ok then your army use other stuff - we have this  not in service, our need 100-150 meter bevor ignition.

and consider the 7,62 for training is not the same as the ammunition for the battle at least for us. here is the cheaper softcore used and the normal tracer. ;) except you get old ammunition from the depot which must be fired.

Edited by Crusader JgBtl292

Yes the tracers at this point are ok and the devs will not plan to change them and THAT'S VERY GOOD! That's main of the things that are bringing more people to this game everyday!

The bullet ricochet / bounce should be added tho! That should be the priority.

The tracers are fine for now, the big bright as the tracers were meant to be in the real life!

Edited by Trachu

On 3/6/2016 at 4:52 PM, Crusader JgBtl292 said:

nope , even the normal you can't see from the front. but also from the side. the bright charge is inside the projektile.

the glimmspur is a low tracer they can only see the gunner and the dudes left and right from him

and the other is the tracer with delay  most 100m  yep you can see it from the side ^^

Oh really? TRACER AMMO soft ball - visible

Edited by Trachu

3 minutes ago, Trachu said:

Yes the tracers at this point are ok and the devs will not plan to change them and THAT'S VERY GOOD! That's main of the things that are bringing more people to this game everyday!

The bullet ricochet / bounce should be added tho! That should be the priority.

The tracers are fine for now, the big bright as the tracers were meant to be in the real life!

I think the point people are trying to make is the tracer ignites at 100ms, not right out of the barrel.

Yes the owner of the thread wanted some form of tracer that can only be seen from behind because he didn't like the concept that tracer fire was giving his position away. Were just trying to highlight that the high visibility is the real battlefield norm and the only thing that needs tweaked is delay for the phosphorus tips to ignite. 

Agreed with Axle84 but I still think that we need bullet ricochet / bounce system even more than that.

Edited by Trachu

11 minutes ago, Trachu said:

Agreed with Axle84 but I still think that we need bullet ricochet / bounce system even more than that.

Definately, would make CQB even more deadly than it is now.

9 hours ago, PinguThePenguin said:

Those are BBs it's a airsoft fight.

yp i was just about to say the same. at 1min 17sec when the added sound effects stop you can hear the bb being fired. also this was first linked on a airsoft forum a while back.

Just now, LazyGhost said:

yp i was just about to say the same. at 1min 17sec when the added sound effects stop you can hear the bb being fired. also this was first linked on a airsoft forum a while back.

I just checked the comments haha.

This is what our VFX artist had to say about it:

" I tried that before and it results in you not seeing it in 1p, makes it hard to direct fire with mgs plus the sudded pop in out of nowhere looked weird "

" Yeah for some reason when I try this it just wipes off in 1p

specially if you arent running beyond 60 fps "

the sudden pop is what usually happens with ammo. just make the tracer work for machinegunner alone without any realism to it.

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:02 PM, SgtRoss said:

This is what our VFX artist had to say about it:

" I tried that before and it results in you not seeing it in 1p, makes it hard to direct fire with mgs plus the sudded pop in out of nowhere looked weird "

" Yeah for some reason when I try this it just wipes off in 1p

specially if you arent running beyond 60 fps "

So are you intending to let the tracers keep giving away the gunners position so easily? Could you not strengthen it in some other way to compensate for this?

Edited by Allan

53 minutes ago, Allan said:

So are you intending to let the tracers keep giving away the gunners position so easily? Could you not strengthen it in some other way to compensate for this?

Strengthen it how?