You can put a FOB down, build all your shit then just deconstruct the FOB. Then you have buildings with no ticket cost if that's what you're looking for. It's not a spawn but you get your fancy fort.

Yes destroying the ticket loss on fobs would be a bad thing. Ive noticed that making the super fob locks you into a rocket launching contest you cant see out of.

You could always make some protection areas, but you also open it up to being seen in the wide open. People know what to look for. Sometimes the radio is the best placement by itself.

A super fob seems to be attracting too many players to defend it. thus resulting in giveup's and wasted resources.

I understand what your suggesting, a FOB has to mean more then it is. But right now in development, we cant do much about this. You will have to go with the flow of it. Decide either a fast fob, or a super fob. Either way it can be taken over, and the ticket loss is important to keep the way it is. I am sure it will be tweaked soon enough.

3 hours ago, StrikerC123 said:

Now I know I cant be the only person who actually likes building up a base and trying to defend it from the enemy team. I would like it more if FOB's would be used for more than just a spawn point and actually be able to build on them. So I guess what I'm asking for is to get rid of the ticket loss from losing a FOB.

Alright there are a few things you should know.  First, there are 4 types of FOBs.  You have your ninja FOBs, your super FOBs, your minimal defense FOBs, and your retard FOBs.

NINJA FOBS: These are what you see mostly on the outskirts of the map that are undefended and what you call "just a spawn point."  They are for squads flanking and are used for backup spawns to where teammates wouldn't have to run all the way back from base.  Since they are on flanks, they can also be close to high enemy traffic areas.  Building any fortifications around a FOB pretty much puts a giant neon sign above it that says "FOB here."  Since maybe only one or two squads use these FOBs for flanking and attacking purposes, having to spend manpower constantly defending them as well as the objective is a good way to spread your forces thin and get out maneuvered.

SUPER FOBS:  These are the minecraft fortresses mainly built on median objectives, and should only be built on median objectives.  Most of these are completely sealed off with double stacked walls, barbed wire, and ladders to shoot over the walls.  They get hit hard, which is why they should only be built on the objectives themselves.  The only way out of them is usually jumping over the wall and getting injured which is why building them away from a cap point is a bad idea.  They are grenade and RPG death traps and should only be used as a last resort for defense by only one squad.  Having more than one squad makes it too crowded and prone to accidents.

MINIMAL DEFENSE FOBS:  These are the FOBs with bunkers, sandbags, walls, but not completely enclosed.  These are good for the actual "Foward Operating Base."  Having them open lets squads move freely into and out of it's defenses.  These get hit hard as well, but not being an enclosed deathtrap they can be more unpredictable to assault due to the enemy being able to move freely out of them to flank attackers.  These are better used by spreading out a series of small fortifications like bunkers with 2 adjoining walls on either side at multiple places on the outskirts of the building range.

RETARD FOBS:  These are just like what they are named.  They classify as any above that has no strategic or helpful use.  They can be the super FOB that's built far from an objective by a whole squad that gets no resistance at all, a ninja fob that's placed in an already compromised location, a ninja fob placed too far to be of help and prevents other helpful fobs from being built within 400m, and minimal defense fobs that get built on too much, or too little. 

With these, they add more of a player made objective to game.  Finding, securing, and neutralizing them should be rewarded to the attackers, and penalized to the defenders.  Taking away the ticket loss from losing a FOB takes away their value and the whole map would be covered with them, thus creating multiple "just a spawn point."

2 hours ago, KTMR29 said:

Ok now the subject was already crappy. Why would anyone load it with shitty movies. What next?

I know...Some Nicholas Cage...

Seems you missed the point of my post with the "shitty movie"

Some one suggest removing ticket loss from losing a Fob> Some one makes a post calling broken arrow
I was implying/making a slight comedic post in how forums function. Someone makes a silly suggestion and it gets swarmed and bombed.

I've found a lot of success in building FOB's, setting up structures, and then tearing down the radio. This is especially helpful in maps like OP First Light. When playing as Militia, set up a FOB north of Ammo Depot, and build bunkers and lay down ammo caches in the hills to the NE and NW, even on the edge of the road going northbound. As mentioned, after a few structures are up, tear down the radio. This makes it much harder for the US to push out of Ammo Depot, as they are met with a well supplied opposition with fortifications.

8 hours ago, StrikerC123 said:

So I guess what I'm asking for is to get rid of the ticket loss from losing a FOB. I already know I'm going to get called a camper or not a team player but I really don't care its just an idea to make the game a bit more than just a run a shoot game.

Well, if you like that style of play, Squad is not for you. You will not have a good time playing this game. It will be even slower paced than it is right now, when vehicles and logistics come into play. This is not a run-and-gun game. It's a tactical shooter. People who play Squad, play it for the tactical aspects. The game is headed towards the opposite of your suggestion. If you want an arcade style shooter, there's a billion braindead FPS to play: CoD and Counterstrike are probably more up your alley. You should probably stick to those.

7 hours ago, Dubs said:

Seems you missed the point of my post with the "shitty movie"

Some one suggest removing ticket loss from losing a Fob> Some one makes a post calling broken arrow
I was implying/making a slight comedic post in how forums function. Someone makes a silly suggestion and it gets swarmed and bombed.

FFS man, it was like 3 AM in Belgium, I was just having some fun. Chill. Plus it's exactly what the OP was looking at. Having a FOB and not losing tickets whe its lost. Even Nicholas cage doesn't agree.

4 hours ago, TheNirl said:

Well, if you like that style of play, Squad is not for you. You will not have a good time playing this game. It will be even slower paced than it is right now, when vehicles and logistics come into play. This is not a run-and-gun game. It's a tactical shooter. People who play Squad, play it for the tactical aspects. The game is headed towards the opposite of your suggestion. If you want an arcade style shooter, there's a billion braindead FPS to play: CoD and Counterstrike are probably more up your alley. You should probably stick to those.

lol,  sorry for showing my fanboyism but CS is pretty damn tactical, and you need teamwork to win if you play seriously. Playing at low ranks with strangers, yeah your experiences may be pretty shit. Fucking talking about CS and COD as the same thing... damn I think I may be a little salty here.

17 minutes ago, Karl Van Tastic said:

lol,  sorry for showing my fanboyism but CS is pretty damn tactical, and you need teamwork to win if you play seriously. Playing at low ranks with strangers, yeah your experiences may be pretty shit. Fucking talking about CS and COD as the same thing... damn I think I may be a little salty here.

Agreed, once you get into ranked it does require communication to win.

Fob an advanced spawn point that can be reinforced. Building a team asset like that with a penalty for failing to hold it encourges the team to take responsibility for maintaining it. If you remove the penalty then what stops careless spamming of fobs all over the map?.

Currently fobs are somthing squad leads need to consider carefully they are a magnet for opfor, does the team need it or can we afford to defend it or else lose it?

Things will become more interesting in regards to fobs when the supply chain is implemented until then we have no idea how they will play out in the future.

7 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

FOB's with .50cal emplacement, dat gonna rock...

Never played PR? Usually it didn't exactly rock. But now we can at least build a more interesting 50 cal emplacement.

They need a 'King of the Castles' game mode for you OP where each team build and defend their FOB bases. It could play like fps Command & Conquer.

When finding a FOB accidentally, now that's just puts a smile on my face. Capping it and holding down F as the squad leader, costing them 10 points is even better.

I like building FOBs too, there is 1 thing missing though - roofs! It's so easy just to nade into them and wipe everyone out.

As for deploying a FOB, building what's required, letting other squads spawn in and then digging it up right away, I use this tactic sometimes. Especially to top up our medics bandages.

King of the hill mode might actually be fun. No flags, just the main base and 2 FOBs wherever you want to place them. They might be bullet/nade magnets though, so they'd have to be substantial in size and having maybe 5000 points to spend right away to help so you're not rushed.

3 minutes ago, Mad Ani said:

When finding a FOB accidentally, now that's just puts a smile on my face. Capping it and holding down F as the squad leader, costing them 10 points is even better.

Ummm, can you hold F on enemy FOBs? REALLY???

Why did I not know this >_<

This would make hunting FOBs SO much easier...

I usually find a LOT, to the point that it almost feels like cheating, because of my 'style' - far flanks, intentionally moving along past enemy tracks, spreading out to have more chance of hitting them, not engaging enemies when spotted (instead finding their source of spawning)... Took down 4 FOBs in one game the other day, and 3 FOBs in another game... I think there are more games in which I destroy at least 1 FOB than games in which I destroy none; they are usually my primary target if suspected/spotted, even before the active objectives (provided they're close enough to be a threat).

Yes as the SL hold down F on the enemy FOB to take it down really quickly. You know about removing your own FOB holding down F right? It's the same thing. I'm sure you knew this? Right? :-)

I would like to see some hand animation showing you're working away at the electrics and dismantling it.

5 minutes ago, Mad Ani said:

Yes as the SL hold down F on the enemy FOB to take it down really quickly. You know about removing your own FOB holding down F right? It's the same thing. I'm sure you knew this? Right? :-)

About my own FOB: yes, I knew, obviously! But I've never seen that looking into an enemy FOB shows that same "hold F to destroy" message. As in, I'm still sceptical and won't believe it until I see it, or until I've tried it and 1-man single-handedly taken down a FOB as a SL.. Having enough people in range makes it go down by itself as well, so could've been that...

But I sure hope you're right! :D

And did you know that while holding F, you can then still look around, and shoot people next to you or even behind you while still taking down the radio as long as you hold it? :P

16 minutes ago, Mad Ani said:

King of the hill mode might actually be fun. No flags, just the main base and 2 FOBs wherever you want to place them. They might be bullet/nade magnets though, so they'd have to be substantial in size and having maybe 5000 points to spend right away to help so you're not rushed.

I just threw it out there. It does seem a shame that Squad has base building but never really plays to the advantage of this relatively new mechanic for a fps. Most of the time building fortified FOBs are a waste of time at the moment with the game in its current form. There are lots of options on how a 'King of the Castles' game mode could play out not least of which would be to retain capture points to gain resources like in Company of Heroes.

7 minutes ago, Karm said:

About my own FOB: yes, I knew, obviously! But I've never seen that looking into an enemy FOB shows that same "hold F to destroy" message. As in, I'm still sceptical and won't believe it until I see it, or until I've tried it and 1-man single-handedly taken down a FOB as a SL.. Having enough people in range makes it go down by itself as well, so could've been that...

But I sure hope you're right! :D

And did you know that while holding F, you can then still look around, and shoot people next to you or even behind you while still taking down the radio as long as you hold it? :P

Honestly mate, go try it lol thought you knew that one. I've solo'd a few FOBs as a SL doing that, so it's not just having enough people around it.

Yes I did notice looking around and holding down F still works, it's how I stay sneaky on the enemy FOBs, hiding behind it when they spawn lol :D

New one on me. Don't think the devs intended it that way.

Does it go down quicker than digging? If so I'll be getting my SL to destroy them while I cover him from now on.

2 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

New one on me. Don't think the devs intended it that way.

Does it go down quicker than digging? If so I'll be getting my SL to destroy them while I cover him from now on.

I'm also curious if it still actually loses the enemy team tickets. :D

7 minutes ago, Karm said:

I'm also curious if it still actually loses the enemy team tickets. :D

Good point. May have switch to shoveling when it's nearly gone if it doesn't.

9 hours ago, KTMR29 said:

Never played PR? Usually it didn't exactly rock. But now we can at least build a more interesting 50 cal emplacement.

all about dat tow emplacement

1 minute ago, trotskygrad said:

all about dat tow emplacement

Best position: Middle of the road. But, but, how could he have seen me?

1 minute ago, KTMR29 said:

Best position: Middle of the road. But, but, how could he have seen me?

I've killed more tanks with HAT than tow though.

SRAW buddies for life. I remember when the animation involved wiping the eyepiece with your thumb :D