oblivio69

Squad radar

3 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

There aren't any names on the radar. If you don't know the names of the people around you, you can't communicate effectively with them.

I was referring to the proposed radar. Not the current one in squad. In the proposed radar it comes with the name tags so no problem there.

3 hours ago, Garensterz said:

I was referring to the proposed radar. Not the current one in squad. In the proposed radar it comes with the name tags so no problem there.

There's a squad list, and it doesn't show who's who. If I want to identify a team member who's not part of my squad, that squad radar won't cut it.

Press "enter" to open the map/squad panel then mouse over at a team mate that you wanted to identify, it's already a squad feature. It works the same with ARMA 3.

Edited by Garensterz

8 hours ago, Garensterz said:

Press "enter" to open the map/squad panel then mouse over at a team mate that you wanted to identify, it's already a squad feature. It works the same with ARMA 3.

Yeah, that's not an effective way of doing it. Especially if there's a lot of people close together or they're moving around at all. Name tags are staying, get over it.

23 hours ago, davmht said:

No HUD PLZ !!

Type in console

DisableHudWidgets
DisableUI

No more HUD, No more UI.

If already stated, apologize, just dont want to read 13 pages here. 

Dont know what new radar might or might not have but I would like to see at least, the blips NOT show direction the player is facing. 

Constant HUD(like a crosshair or a minimap/radar) is bad, it reduces skill border needed to start playing the game, as well as skill gap between good players, who check their map and who don't. Squad has one of the biggest skill borders needed to enter the game and one of the biggest skill gaps between players. Adding constant HUD, such as radar(aka minimap) will only harm it.

Marking different players and vehicles on a map as different colors is a good idea, though. It is just like giving a map for you to use(not a minimap): to use it, you need to press a button(most of players use it very rarely and good players use it very often). Same with this color-function: it will be there, most of players will not use it, but some good players will use it.

Only thing I dislike on the map aproach is that it is open more than 50% of play time. :D

On 16.10.2014 at 7:55 PM, Z-trooper said:

I ofc mean a looping one. get back to your cage Chuc!

Haha, gems from the early days of the project.