Sign in to follow this  
Thund3rb1rd

Grenadier ADS Problem (Firing a grenade)

Hello and good evening,

(NOTE: Searching the web forum here with keywords like "GRENADIER", "GRENADIER ADS", "ADS" and so on didn't result fruitful.)

I'ts been roughly 1-2 weeks playing SQUAD now. I learned a lot and still have to learn and adapt, but one of the few mysteries in weaponry and ADS is the grenadier (when firing a grenade). I don't quite understand, which "distance mark" (I call them like that, I don't know the exact proper English word for it) stands for which distance. I tested it on the firing range...to my confusion with no constant results.

Would somebody be so kind and explain this problem to me? This problem also faced me when playing INSURGENCY and several other "real combat"-simulation games.
I also tried to find an explanation on YouTube, but it seems, I only find the actual work routine of a grenadier.....but not on how to understand the weapon when ADS (firing a grenade).

Cheers,

Thund3rb1rd

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english. It's not my mother tongue.

As far as I'm aware the distance indications isn't implemented yet but it's planned? 

I am talking about these 5 "spiky markers". Distance indications in near future are cool. But aren't there already people knowing which markers stands for WHICH distance (roughly)?

It's because the front sight needs to align with the distance marked on each line.

Since there is no animation in place to do so it won't work the way you're doing it.

Far as I can tell, that site is useless and non-functional at the moment. I aim it by putting the red dot as far above the target as I thing needed and adjust after the first shot. Firing range helps with figuring it out a bit.

you should not be able to pin point grenades like before.

from V.4 notes "Added deviation to rockets and launched grenades projectiles"

Havent testet this my self, but does this mean random deviation, or is is just the arc that changes ?

It seems to be random everytime, thought it had to do something with different maps and temperatures and shit.

I don't know anymore, before latest update it was easily predictable how high you had to aim.  I guess it has to do something with the random deviation.

Anyways, im no longer using it.

maybe do some test range and try to get some skills? play it some times and u get the feeling for it geez

2 minutes ago, S0NNy said:

maybe do some test range and try to get some skills? play it some times and u get the feeling for it geez

I tested it for 3 fu***** hours. the 50m are no problem. But with the 100m I get random results. Sometimes I have to use the 2nd mark (from bottom to high (5 marks total) )....sometimes the 3rd. FROM THE EXACT SAME SPOT. Next time be less salty with your comment... "geez"

yea i think that is because the devs added some randomness at higher distances for GL and AT

as far as i rember it was added at the last update

*means that the higher the range the more random the grenade or rocket gets

sry did miss read your topic a lil bit, not trying to be an asshole or something... 

Edited by S0NNy

For those who were looking for the same answer I was finally getting. Here's an image.

(Numbers are representing the ROUGHLY AMOUNT of distance!)

2016-03-05_00001.jpg

Play against US. All time. Problem solved. And you'll have a far more evolved grenade to use as well. Self contained and all. :-p

26 minutes ago, KTMR29 said:

Play against US. All time. Problem solved. And you'll have a far more evolved grenade to use as well. Self contained and all. :-p

it's like the G11

but it's a FRICKIN GRENADE

Yup. And it comes in SPAM cans...Did I say SPAM?

Oh and please bring back the Grenade bandoleers of PR . 21 grenades was already not enough.

I dunno, I love using the M203. Not always accurate, but I imagine the real thing probably isn't pinpoint either. But I've gotten fairly good with it last few days.

Automatically adjusting your aim for the ladder sights has yet to be implemented in Squad and I'm going to assume it will be similar to how it was in PR, this video gives you an example of how it worked.