Sign in to follow this  
YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Faction ideas - Mexican Drug War.

I'd like to suggest that the illegal drug trade conflict be represented in-game. Specifically the Mexican Drug War. With European militias and Middle Easter insurgents, I doesn't sound too out of place.

Mexican Military

Appearance

Mexican army soldiers wear uniforms with black, rust & olive green pixelated shapes on a pale green background

Mexico3.jpg

While the marines wear black, brown and foliage green on a khaki background.

Mexico5.jpg

Mexican soldiers' body armor seems to differ but they appear to be most commonly equipped with a black Mine Safety Appliances' (MSA) Releasable Assault Vest (RAV). I'll also sometimes see a black tactical vest most likely worn by special forces. I've also seen this one type of body armor that I just can't figure out what it is. (Sorry if I'm wrong, I don't know the first damn thing about body armor.)

c520ee92ccd04cd693910b0ae12bb736_620x350MSA RAV

DD8.jpg?1655Tactical Vest

Mexican-Military.jpeg???

Pretty much everything else is standard. All soldiers wear a standard Kevlar helmet donning the digital camouflage and generic military boots. Special forces will get generic knee and elbow pads.

Firearms

The Heckler & Koch G3 is no doubt the favorite of the Mexican Armed Forces. Mostly the A3 and A4 models are seen in pictures. Good thing they recently announced development of the G3.

0401-OMIGRANTS-Mexico-Drug-War_full_600.Mexican soldiers with G3A4's.

hk_g3a4.jpgG3A4

Mexico%2B8495.jpgMexican Soldiers with G3A3's.

g3-01_01.jpgG3A3

The Mexican military also seems to like US-made M16's and M4's. Naval Infantry - which are just their marines - carry both (but mostly the M16) while the army and especially special forces stick to the M4.

1393645047284.cached.jpgMexican marines with M16's.

Mexican-marines.jpgMexican Marines with M4's.

I actually couldn't find pictures of Mexican special forces with M4's. Most of the pictures were of special forces marching with M82's. And the army mostly had G3's.

The Army and Marines main LMG's are the FN Minimi and HK21. Not sure on the specifics of the Minimi. They also have M2 Brownings, that's somewhat expected.

4.pngFN Minimi

hk21_01.jpg

alg-mexican-jpg.jpgMexican soldier with HK21.

Pistols

The marines use the Glock, USP, and M1911. (Pictured from left to right.)

Glock_17_MOD_45154998.jpgHK-NEW-USP-Combat-Competition-right.jpgM1911A1.png

The Army uses the M9, and special forces use the FN-57. (Pictured from left to right)

m9_zoom001.jpgfive_seven_large.png

Anti-Vehicle weapons

Smaw

latest?cb=20120329001940

RPG-29 (Possibly used by mosty - if not exclusively - special forces)

RPG29_001.jpg

Carl Gustav Recoiless Rifle

size0.jpg

BGM-71 TOW

Tow1.jpg

M40 Recoilless Rifle

Recoilless-rifle-beyt-hatotchan-1.jpg

Vehicles

Ground

ERC-90

488680442-panhard-erc-90-sagaie-during-t

Sedena-Henschel HWK-11. 

hwk-11.jpg

APC-70

%20APC%2070%20(BTR-60PB-PPM)_02.jpg

VTR-TT 6x6

TankMadero2.JPG

Humvee

14231536366_8c3c0336ef_b.jpg

Ural-4320's

Ural_4320_of_the_Hungarian_Army.JPG

While they do have all this equipment, the Mexican military likes to take civilian pickups and modify them with handlebars. They use Chevy Silverados, Ford F-Series', Dodge Rams, and Chevy Cheyennes. They all sorta look the same.

47de38f5aa25070b7cdb788ca090563d.jpg

Air Power

UH-60 Black Hawk

Black-Hawk.jpg

Mi-17

1275228.jpg

Mi-8

Mi-8MTV-Mexico-2005a.jpg

Cartels

There are very few photos of cartel fighters themselves. Mostly leader arrests and executions, but I can tell you what I've gathered.

Appearance

Mostly a t-shirt and jeans. I'll see baseball caps and sometimes cowboy hats. They'll wear rags around the neck and on the face. Low profile chest rigs are worn. 

Firearms

Classic AK-47's attract almost every cartel member.

AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg

According to the BATF, illegal AR-15's chambered in .223 were traced back to Mexican cartels and gangs. These AR-15's are much more rare but I guess the cartels have a few. More than likely modified for full auto fire.

811002.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Cartel fighters will also sometimes have an FN-57 as a sidearm.

five_seven_large.png

Anti-vehicle weapons

Classic RPG-7.

rpg-7.jpg

Vehicles

The Mexican cartels have captured pickup trucks and semi-trucks and modified the living hell out of them. Like, they went Mad Max on these things. They call them monstruos, which means "monsters" in Spanish. They weld armor plates and cut out gun ports. They'll attach rotating turrets to some too.

6a00d8341c630a53ef015432892b56970c-pi

unnamed_g73hslmnse.jpg

article-2000175-0C72014700000578-759_468

screen%20shot%202015-02-19%20at%2011.36.

And it's not like they have just a couple of these either, the military captured a whole factory that was making these things.

Well that's all. I put way too much time into this.

6 hours ago, beomulf said:

you should give some G36 and probably some H&K pistols to the mexican drug cartels, aswell

The cartels aren't gonna have anything that the military can't. So if the cartels are gonna have these captured weapons, the military would as well.

37 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

The cartels aren't gonna have anything that the military can't. So if the cartels are gonna have these captured weapons, the military would as well.

you can buy H&K pistols commercially in the US.

47 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Cartels are connected, they can anything they want wether the military has it or not.

as far as i know there is a trial against H&K for exporting firearms into some regions of mexico, where they were not allowed to export weapons to. 

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2015/05/h-illegally-exported-weapons-to-mexico.html

im not sure if its known who the buyer of these weapons is. but even if they were only sold to police/military forces, i shouldnt wonder if some of those G36 make their way to the drug cartels. not saying they should be the standart rifle for such a faction in the game, but maybe one or two for a drug cartel squad?

3 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

you can buy H&K pistols commercially in the US.

I feel like the AR-15 or M4 I talked about is more likely to fall into cartel hands. I felt that SL's should be able to use these weapons, but an HK can also be assigned to an SL and some riflemen can have an M4/AR-15.