Merlin

Forum Upgrade to IPB4

IPB4, finally. Welcome to 2016 gentlemen. I really think you should stick with the main color palette you have chosen for Squad and not go with colors like blue or such. 

Read the forums or stare at the sun for 10 mins..

Read a book on String Theory or try to work out the new forum and find anything..

So i'm the only one that liked the old theme? wow

The one in the pic looks like a updated version of the one PR has. nice

This should have been done months ago.  Im happy to see it happen finally.  I have been using IPB 4.x for some time now on my site and there is so much that can be done with this new version.  It is sad though that the powers that be had to wait until they were forced into doing something because of escalating spam.  It is time to realize that the forums here, as they are on triple A sites, are the face of the game.  Steam, reddit and other places are just that, other places.  

Someone mentioned about having the option to use or have access to a number of skins.  This is a great idea and one that is possible.  Tapatalk sucks ass in my opinion so what I do is I have a more complicated skin for my main forum and I have a very straightforward skin that many of my users have taken to using for their phones and ipads etc. 

Congrats to OWI for finally moving this site out of the dark ages and I hope that you will now give this place the love that it deserves.

I thought oh shit, forums been hacked... yes that darker theme is better. This one is just too in your face.

SO LONG KOREANS! 

3 hours ago, bilsantu said:

IPB4, finally. Welcome to 2016 gentlemen. I really think you should stick with the main color palette you have chosen for Squad and not go with colors like blue or such. 

So do I.

if there's an artistic , aesthetically pleasing way to tie the forum theme into the game theme , that';s the way to go! ...also need muh tapatalk ,pls . Thanks Devs ! 

So uh, since I have nothing to do with my life I decided to also make a little concept. I have added a lot of stuff in that you might not like or do like, I personally believe that the homepage of a forum should be something like a dashboard whilst at the same time easy to oversee, and from this point of view i've created this. You might find it shit, but atleast the devs will know what not to do a litle better than.

Try and give some constructive feedback one different points. This is the first concept and i'll definitely be changing it in the future for a bit. But for now i'm done with it.

sXbfBLv.jpg?1

cya

Where do I go to look at posts/activity I'm involved in? The only one I see is posts I follow, don't see anywhere I can look at the topic's ive made posts on. 

Wish there was less blue and more more yellow......like Squad.  Blue isn't really used anywhere in the game thematically or the main site and then you hit the forums and it's a different color?  It would make the forums feel "tacked on."  Just my $.02.  :)

3 hours ago, Horizon said:

So uh, since I have nothing to do with my life I decided to also make a little concept. I have added a lot of stuff in that you might not like or do like, I personally believe that the homepage of a forum should be something like a dashboard whilst at the same time easy to oversee, and from this point of view i've created this. You might find it shit, but atleast the devs will know what not to do a litle better than.

Try and give some constructive feedback one different points. This is the first concept and i'll definitely be changing it in the future for a bit. But for now i'm done with it

cya

Looks great, do approve! The additions of the server browser and squad league advertisement/link are definitely great ideas, although I don't agree with the shout box. 

We moved from IPB4 to Discourse not to long ago. I was surprised by the amount of people that missed IPB4, I think its the perfect software for a large community like this, for us not so much. Discourse pretty much takes out everything except text and profile pictures and let's you focus on the content. I think IPB is way more organized and its very scalable. 

In terms of the skin, I think Squad should go with a dark skin but not with black. black is just as harsh as white and it blows out the contrast. I'd love to see you guys keep with the Squad yellow, not a fan of the blue imho. 

IPB4 has great built in skinning options so if anyone out there is worried about custom coding its literally a page with a bunch of eyedroppers on it. Looking forward to seeing some UI unification in the next few months. Rock on Squad!

whoa.....blinded by the light!  I have high sensitivity to light.....please more color please...:)

Noooo Im not a vampire!