Sign in to follow this  
Bishop

Kick feature?

So after 150 hours there is an obvious issue with some of the bad seeds in the community trolling/tk'ing/harrassing other players. 1 player right now can ruin an entire squad, team, and server in under 20 minutes. That is 1 player destroying the experience for up to 60+ other players.

There aren't enough admins on most of the servers. There just aren't enough knowledgeable admins to deal with the problems that occur as most are he-said-she-said situations that involve a lot of reverse finger pointing by the trolls to get others kicked. 

Is there some sort of implementation of a kick feature going in?

This is why we have admins join server with active admins such as clan servers (303rd, Red Coats, IB) or Squad League's servers.

1 player right now can ruin an entire squad, team, and server in under 20 minutes. That is 1 player destroying the experience for up to 60+ other players.

There aren't enough admins on most of the servers. Is there some sort of implementation of a kick feature going in?

Hey Bishop I feel the frustration brother. You know we admin ours very well and always have an active admin in server. As for some sort of vote-kick functionality I'd bet it's on the radar... albeit maybe a ways out. 

I think at the very least reducing the 10 tks to 3 or 4 before a session ban would be good.

And admins don't always kick them...

I am scared for abuse, person gets a high k/d.  Boom next round he'll get kicked because people believe hes cheating.

Honestly, most server have active admins such as the Redcoats, Exodus, FC squad servers.

I think at the very least reducing the 10 tks to 3 or 4 before a session ban would be good.

And admins don't always kick them...

This is all we need to fix it.

Had a guy organize a "mexican standoff" at the start of a game where a whole squad gathered in a circle with pistols, counted to 3, and had a shootout at the start of the game.  Sure it was amusing for 5 seconds, but it kept going, spread to killing anyone who spawned, and ended costing 30 tickets in the first 10 minutes.  It ended in disorganizing all our squads and pretty much doomed our game from the start.  Your idea may be fun for a select few, but remember other people just want to play.  And to those who fire rpgs or throw grenades at  the start of games and start shooting everybody, your day will come.  Devs already have a stance towards a zero tolerance policy and all it takes is someone recording or screenshotting. 

Had a guy organize a "mexican standoff" at the start of a game where a whole squad gathered in a circle with pistols, counted to 3, and had a shootout at the start of the game.  Sure it was amusing for 5 seconds, but it kept going, spread to killing anyone who spawned, and ended costing 30 tickets in the first 10 minutes.  It ended in disorganizing all our squads and pretty much doomed our game from the start.  Your idea may be fun for a select few, but remember other people just want to play.  And to those who fire rpgs or throw grenades at  the start of games and start shooting everybody, your day will come.  Devs already have a stance towards a zero tolerance policy and all it takes is someone recording or screenshotting. 

Oh yeah, always fun.

I remember people praising some youtuber for teamkilling a couple of people. Next thing you'll see is that ''mexican standoff'' on the frontpage of Reddit.

I remember people praising some youtuber for teamkilling a couple of people.

I saw some video with a guy trolling his squad and SL the whole time he was in it repeatedly saying "I'm squad leader you listen to me!" They finally got tired of it and shot him, but then he came back with a vengeance.

damn these double posts

Edited by Bishop
double post

Yeah any type of vote would require 2/3'rds majority of a team. I think if you had only votes work from your team and not across the server it also limits the concept of voting a guy for a high kill count. 

The vengeance thing is really the biggest issue for me. As a SL I come into contact with at least 1 or 2 bad seeds in a 10 hour period that when I remove them from the squad via the kick feature they come back and spend the rest of the match TK'ing my squad and trolling me.  Plays out always like this:  I always give people 10 minutes before I kick them and when there is no mic or chat response they get warned again the kick is coming and then during the kick. After that they almost always freak out over All chat and then come back to murder me and my squad. Lately these players spend the rest of the match doing it.

I had a guy the other day named "Lemon" who casually volunteered to leave my squad because some clan mates wanted to join my squad together (not in a clan but they were) and then "Lemon" went on to tk the entire server for an hour. No rhyme or reason to the guy he just went on a tirade. There were 2 admins on and they did nothing, but claim they were checking tk logs. The guy was announcing his kills in all chat for an hour and blasting music over squad chat and they still refused to kick him. Not gonna name the server, but it was already mentioned by someone in this thread. 

Edited by Bishop