charliebrownau

Show Us Your Rig for Squad!

40 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

Thanks but the TarTarus's d-pad is like a joystick now, I prefer the actual d-pad function of the Nostromo as I use it for selecting weapons, i need the very positive up/down/left/right as oppose to the bowl of custard that is the joystick :-) 

Look closer. The v2 goes back to the Nostromo D-pad style unlike the joystick style of the Orbweaver.

The little domed, button shape on the D-pad is removable leaving the concave shape of the old Nostromo.

Edited by Major Trouble

On 15/12/2017 at 10:03 PM, Major Trouble said:

Look closer. The v2 goes back to the Nostromo D-pad style unlike the joystick style of the Orbweaver.

The little domed, button shape on the D-pad is removable leaving the concave shape of the old Nostromo.

Yeah but isn't it's movement still like a joystick and not an 8 way dpad? If it's still an 8 way setup I'll buy one.

I'll check it out, thanks, hopefully it's actually the old dpad style.

Edited by RipGroove

1 hour ago, RipGroove said:

Yeah but isn't it's movement still like a joystick and not an 8 way dpad? If it's still an 8 way setup I'll buy one.

I'll check it out, thanks, hopefully it's actually the old dpad style.

It's is like the old 8 way D-pad style. I prefer it like that as well. Not being a console gamer I dislike controlling joysticks with my thumbs.

On 19/12/2017 at 4:58 PM, Major Trouble said:

It's is like the old 8 way D-pad style. I prefer it like that as well. Not being a console gamer I dislike controlling joysticks with my thumbs.

Yay! I better get one then! Thanks.

*Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 144hz - "FreeSync"
*Monitor: BenQ XL2420T 120hz
*Case: lian-li alpha 550 - Black
*MB: Asus rog Maximus X Hero z370
*CPU: i7 8700k - Six Cores
*GPU: RX VEGA 64
*Cooling: Corsair H100i 
*Ram: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200
*PSU: SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1000W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum
*2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200
*Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD Windows Drive
*Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD
*Samsung EVO 850 1000GB SSD
*Sennheiser GSX 1000 audio amplifier
*SoundBlaster Z
*Philips Fidelio x1
*Blue SnowBall Mic
*Corsair Strafe RGB Red Switches Mechanical
*Logitech G502 Proteus Core
*Windows 10 Pro 64bit
*Mousepad Kingston HyperX XXL

IMAG0898.jpg

CPU:  8700K @ 5 GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3,0 CPU COOLING: Noctua NH-D15 MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING SCREEN DELL U2713HM RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Svart 16GB 3000MHz PSU: Corsair RM850W Headset:  Corsair VOID RGB USB Dolby 7.1  RACINGWHEEL: Logitech G27 MOUSE: Logitech G502                 

YY0AAZS.jpg

Edited by Dundish

On 4/20/2017 at 12:03 PM, Converge said:

I use a nice MSI GS60 gaming laptop that's a few years old but still very good. I use it mainly as a desktop with the ability to travel with it if need be. So 95% of the time it's on my desk connected with a monitor and keyboard/mouse. Monitor is a 24" BenQ connected with mini display port to DVI active adapter in order to run 120hz. Have to do this because the laptop doesn't have a DVI port and HDMI can't run more then 60hz, which I can't stand. Even when not gaming, 60hz looks like shit to me now a days.

- Specs -

Intel i7 4710 2.5ghz

12gb ddr3

NVidia GTX 860m

128gb m.2 SSD

1Tb 7200rpm HDD

This gets me around 35-65 fps on Squad with medium/low settings at 1080p. Other new games run better sometimes, like Battlefield 1 I get 50-70fps on medium/high settings at 1080p with resolution scaled down 10%.

Razer Taipan ambidextrous mouse which has been fantastic, I know Razer can be hit or miss

Corsair K65 LUX mechanical keyboard with cherry mx red switches. My first mechanical keyboard and I love this thing. I'm going to get an even nicer board soon that I will design through one of the custom mechanical brands online. Pricey but you can customize everything and they look more professional.

The Corsair ones are pretty cool though, the lighting and macros especially are great. For instance I have a profile just for Squad that turns on when I launch the game. I've lit up only the keys used for Squad (movement orange, voice chat appropriate color, white for text chat and scoreboard, etc) and I have a macro set to Capslock that enables me to sprint without using any keys so I can rest my hands. Squad profile on the board pictured below.

I really can't recommend getting a nice keyboard enough. But make sure it's mechanical switches! Go for the legit Cherry MX switches too, not imitators. Red and Green are the most popular. That's not the color of the outside of the key or rhe lights by the way, it's just the name of the different type of switch. it's only colored underneath the key on the actual switch. They have different feels. Read about them, it's pretty cool. Having a nice mechanical keyboard is so helpful though, very smooth and precise.

28w1lde.jpg

It was precisely because of this post of yours that I went directly to Newegg after seeing it and bought a Corsair K70 LUX. Holy shit was I missing out all these years. I don't know why I took so long getting a mechanical, but membranes are a thing of the past imho. Plus CUE is incredible. So, thank you.

UrZfsyE.jpg