Dani

Please optimize the game graphic

Hello,
I'd like to make a suggestion about the game graphic optimization.
When it's come on pre-alpha, i hope the Dev would like to make the Graphic's Optimization of the game reasonable.
Like, don't throw so much graphic detail / effect, OR maybe you can make the Game's video setting available for wooden PC like me. (like give the option "for LOW graphic PC")

The reason i talk about this, its because not all of us have a good PC. And of course not all in here have a wooden PC too.
Beside, what we want the most in this game is, "Realism, teamwork, and fun to play with each other", not "all about the High-end Graphic" thing..
So, i wan't to make a balance in it, so everyone happy with the FPS and the gameplay when testing it  :D 
And, yeah, so my suggestion is :
1. Make the graphic reasonable
2. or Make the option in game setting for wooden PC (disable lightning, visibility, etc)

And i'd like to hear your thought about this suggestion, like, "oh no, its hard to optimize graphic in UnrealEngine4,.." or yeah whatever,  :P 

Thank you..

I imagine as PR it will have lots of graphics settings, but equally many guys have been playing PR for 6 years who now have OK computers and long for better graphics.

We have also seen some people using low settings to give them an advantage so that low graphic setting had to be removed. One of the threads here has a video with a GT730 card.

These days you buy second hand dual core 3.2ghz very very cheap. What are your specs?Have you played PR?

You can always lower your settings you know, it shouldn't be an issue. If you can play on high play on high, if you can't then don't obviously.

I imagine as PR it will have lots of graphics settings, but equally many guys have been playing PR for 6 years who now have OK computers and long for better graphics.

We have also seen some people using low settings to give them an advantage so that low graphic setting had to be removed. One of the threads here has a video with a GT730 card.

These days you buy second hand dual core 3.2ghz very very cheap. What are your specs?Have you played PR?

Actualy, iam to this squad game, but i have learn from the bottom, i mean PR. I heard PR planning PR standalone next patch, wich is v1.3 . So, i'll start playing it next update. And yes, i dont play it... yet

I have sympathy for those with low-end hardware, and I'm sure that Squad's lowest graphics settings will enable a lot of these people to play the game. With Unreal Engine 4, it should scale fairly well and be well optimized, at least compared to some other engines. But it wouldn't be fair to make Squad's devs hold back on the overall graphical design of the game, or map sizes, features, etc, for people with unreasonably old/weak PCs/laptops. Squad should be developed to its full potential, using modern technology, in order to offer the best experience possible. One of the problems with most modern games is that they are developed primarily for the weaker consoles, which holds them back in so many ways. It's more than just graphics: it's map sizes, maximum player counts, AI, physics, and a lot of things related to general complexity. I also don't want to see (in the full game) the ability to completely disable things like grass, shadows, or foliage, which act as concealment, because as much as it will be used to increase FPS, it's used just as often to spot enemies more easily and have an unfair advantage over people who play at normal settings. But I honestly do hope you'll be able to play with the rest of us, at least at low settings. As long as your PC isn't 10 years old (or only as powerful as one), there's a decent chance you will. But we should all have reasonable expectations.

Remember its only a matter of optimazing graphics. UE4 is a very young engine wih many optimization features still being work in progress.

I remeber there was a major FPS improvment after porting Squad to UE 4.7 There is 4.8 version comming soon and if you check their changelog there are many more improvments in the pipe.

So its not really optimal solution to optimize a game on unoptimized engine :)

Nice to hear all of you guys.. Thanks FYI.. i really appreciate it. :)

Remember guys. Squad is going to be built to last. This is a game that will be played for 5-10 years or more. If they dumb down the graphics now, it won't stand the test of time.

Save your money, upgrade your computer. It's all about priorities. Ramen noodles are your friend

Something I'd really like to see is something like a slider for shadow draw distance, and allow me to crank it to 2km or whatever absurd number I may be able to achieve with future hardware in a few years.