ThePotatoesDictator

HEY,i'd like to know your opinion...

​So i'm thinking about getting this but i don't whether i should get it in early access mode or wait till the game has been completed.

So i'd like to know your opinion..

:D  :D  :D THANKS :D  :D  :D 

-ThePotatoesDictator

SO i'm a huge fan of FPS/TACTICAL games.

i'd like to now how friendly/active the community.

I've been watching lots of vids on it.

But i'd also like to know your experience.

BTW WHAT IF I HAVE AMD WHAT WILL HAPPEN(i have an Intel core)

Edited by ThePotatoesDictator

So.. you're asking people who bought the alpha version of this game and are active on its Forums if you should buy this Game? ;D

This Game is awesome, even it's in alpha stage and still has a long road to go.

Watch some different Youtube-Videos of Squad, check out live-streams, search the Forum.

You like what you see?

Then just buy it. Steam-refund is your friend if you really don't enjoy it (what i can't image, honestly).

Do you like intense team based gameplay, with pushed realism and long games? Then this is for you.

If you want to play it like COD, this isn't.

In the current state there is many of hours to be squeezed out of this game. There are not yet vehicles, but they're coming. If you have an AMD CPU, I don't recommend this game right now, as it will suck ass for you. If you like realism, teamwork, and unforgiving gameplay, then this is your game.

Well, if you'll be buying it anyhow, then you're going to spend 40$ on the game anyways.

Your options are then:

A: wait 1-2 years before playing

B: start playing right now, don't have to pay again when the game is finished.

Easy. :)

Also, read this topic.

Do know that many things will change drastically, especially when vehicles come in and suddenly LAT becomes something significantly more than for popping poor guys out of mud houses.

So I'd say if you have the money, go for it. Steam refunds, worst case scenarios.

If you are a bit short on cash, wait for a sale.

And if you're that desperate, do as I tell my penny-pinched friends and buy it on sale, when the British ans vehicles come out.

If you prefer your games wrapped up tight with a nice little bow all done and dusted then you may be disappointed. If you want to help out to make Squad the game it will become i.e. the best tactical/teamwork/fps game ever then jump in.

I am personally really enjoying watching this game develop. Every month the devs have added something new, whether that's UI, bug fixes, map additions etc it's fun to see the effect that has on the game in general. The devs are just brilliant. Active on these and other forums and are always providing feedback. They have a proven track record of success with PR so I have total faith they will succeed given time.

The choice is yours. Wait for the finished product and have Christmas all on one day or you can spread it out and have a mini Christmas every month or so where you can help choose your presents.

As said; get it now, learn the game as it develops. It's fantastic in current shape and will only get better. Every update you are stoked to see how it's changed, etc.

Or wait, don't have any of the fun.. and pay for it later anyway.

Easy choice.

I bought it without having played games like PR or Arma before and it was the best invested money on a computergame ever for me.

Edit: By the way, i have a amd fx 4350 quad core @4,2 and it's NOT ruining the game. Sometimes the fps drops to 10, ok, but mostly i have around 30, and i have alot of fun

I was worried too that it was in Alpha so there wasn't going to be enough content. There are quite a few maps which have a TON of replay-ability thanks to the challenging, yet rewarding game play, the FOB system, and the fact that every squad is different people with different personalities so you're going to have a different experience. Support is awesome, since buying in December I have seen multiple updates adding or fixing stuff we all requested. If you like Red Orchestra, Arma, or even the hardcore or realism modes on other titles, I think this is worth a shot.

So i'd like to know your opinion..

You seem like a confused man.

You have the name "potatoes dictator," but your profile picture is of bananas (unless the bananas are the dictators of the potatoes, Marxist conflict style).

You ask about AMD, yet you have an intel (lucky you).

You wonder if the game Squad is good,.... when it is the best game in history.

Silly potato-banana-concernedoverAMD-yetintel-indecisive inquisitor.