Jump to content

Remake   

509 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which map should be made when reaching 200.000 CAD?

    • Muttrah City
      172
    • Kokan
      42
    • Al Basrah
      48
    • Fallujah West
      207
    • Iron Ridge
      35
    • Korengal Valley
      116
    • Operation Archer
      31
    • Operation Marlin
      34
    • Shijia Valley
      27
    • Ramiel
      34
    • Other (comment)
      34
    • Kashan Desert
      28


Recommended Posts

Yes Nuijamaa is awesome BUT missing more hills+dells... Xiangshan is epic!!! Mestia would be epic too! But hopefully 4km² ! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2016 at 3:22 PM, Zenrique said:

A dev said on discord there may be a mestia remake... :)

it is something i would like to do yes. 

 

2km or 4km not sure

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Muttrah City or riot

 

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

We need choppers first and maybe an aircraft carrier to get those awesome roundstarts like on Muttrah again :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koschilein said:

We need choppers first and maybe an aircraft carrier to get those awesome roundstarts like on Muttrah again :P 

WHY IS IT NOT IN THE MAKING, RIOT! RIOT! RIOT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.9.2016 at 9:00 PM, IrOnTaXi said:

it is something i would like to do yes. 

 

2km or 4km not sure

 

You? :D Nice! And I feared Oxy was the only one in OWI to create maps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danielritual said:

already being developed?

This poll, which is now over two years old, saw Fallujah West (or simply, "Fallujah") receive the most votes. Muttrah came in second. In this situation, second place is equivalent to a loss.

 

Fallujah is currently under development - https://squad.gamepedia.com/Fallujah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Grey said:

This poll, which is now over two years old, saw Fallujah West (or simply, "Fallujah") receive the most votes. Muttrah came in second. In this situation, second place is equivalent to a loss.

 

Fallujah is currently under development - https://squad.gamepedia.com/Fallujah

Which is a real shame. Wasn't a fan of stuff like HOG MIXED maps being comprised of Muttrah, Fallujah, Kashan.

I thuroughly enjoyed maps like Nuijamaa

Edited by Rybec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rybec said:

Which is a real shame. Wasn't a fan of stuff like HOG MIXED maps being comprised of Muttrah, Fallujah, Kashan.

I thuroughly enjoyed maps like Nuijamaa

I recall some pretty great rounds on that map. 

 

Agreed on the servers that always played the same maps. Muttrah, Fallujah, et al were overplayed for a reason, but they were still overplayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I've never played PR and only a bit of BF2 so I've only got to play the Squad versions of the PR maps. That said, from an outsiders perspective regarding PR maps it's kind of hard to tell which particular maps you could replicate for Squad without infringement on somebodys intellectual property. I asked about this on their forum and they weren't jazzed about even discussing who actually owns the rights to the maps if anyone actually.

 

Bottom line, I've got an extensive asset library with pretty much everything to duplicate at least the two Chinese maps Wanda Shan and Xianchang for people to enjoy but unless I can get permission I'm not even going to bother replication and instead I'm working on a derivative map.

 

Edit: this could be why no one is working on Muttrah?

Edited by Zylfrax791

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could very well be the case, that or the Squad devs really just want to try new stuff instead of reusing old map designs. Even Fallujah's "remake" is basically a whole new map, 4 times bigger than the origional PR map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I asked about this on their forum and they weren't jazzed about even discussing who actually owns the rights to the maps if anyone actually.

I don't think you read Rhino's reply as he was pretty clear on it. If you want to use actual data such as the heightmap, ask the author. If you want to reinterpret a map while maintaining its overall layout, aesthetic, and "feel", ask the author. If you want to create a new map called "Muscat Port East" using your own heightmap, layout, etc, you are free to do so, though it would be politic to run it by the author(s) of Muttrah City.

 

Assuming it to be the case, no one is working on Muttrah because no one has decided to work on Muttrah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Grey said:

I don't think you read Rhino's reply as he was pretty clear on it. If you want to use actual data such as the heightmap, ask the author. If you want to reinterpret a map while maintaining its overall layout, aesthetic, and "feel", ask the author. If you want to create a new map called "Muscat Port East" using your own heightmap, layout, etc, you are free to do so, though it would be politic to run it by the author(s) of Muttrah City.

 

Assuming it to be the case, no one is working on Muttrah because no one has decided to work on Muttrah.

I think everyone missed there missed the gist of my question anyway. I wanted to find out if the specific creators of particular maps could even be identified to hit them up for permission instead of just going off and wasting a bunch of time replicating a map everyone finds cool but would kind of just infringe on somebodies intellectual property is all. So yeah, asking the author for permission to use their height map is impossible when you're unable to even identify who they are. Doesn't matter anyway, I told them to lock the thread and forget about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I think everyone missed there missed the gist of my question anyway. I wanted to find out if the specific creators of particular maps could even be identified to hit them up for permission instead of just going off and wasting a bunch of time replicating a map everyone finds cool but would kind of just infringe on somebodies intellectual property is all. So yeah, asking the author for permission to use their height map is impossible when you're unable to even identify who they are. Doesn't matter anyway, I told them to lock the thread and forget about it.

Who said it was impossible to identify a map's author? That's pure fabrication on your part. You asked your question, Rhino answered, and you stormed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Grozny is amazing. Unfortunately people stopped playing it after the novelty wore off and went back to Kashan and Muttrah :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

 

Kutu Arms Market ;)

 

Tbh, I did much more like these more natural environment maps. Especially the ones that had thick vegetation or lots of macro landscape to maneuver in. ..But Kutu weren't bad at all especially with 64+ players, I wish I could remember it with 128 peeps. :)

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Tbh, I did much more like these more natural environment maps. Especially the ones that had thick vegetation or lots of macro landscape to maneuver in. ..But Kutu weren't bad at all especially with 64+ players, I wish I could remember it with 128 peeps. :)

I loved the AAS mode in JO with the double ring flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2019 at 5:26 AM, LaughingJack said:

 

Kutu Arms Market ;)

 

 

On 03/01/2019 at 6:15 PM, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Tbh, I did much more like these more natural environment maps. Especially the ones that had thick vegetation or lots of macro landscape to maneuver in. ..But Kutu weren't bad at all especially with 64+ players, I wish I could remember it with 128 peeps. :)

Éllo Bois..."Kutu" what a classic,deep deep all out action.

Also Loved "Flooded Village" Hmmm that Map was the last time I played against @WARti0k0ne -BG- Do you remember 2015/16 I "BooM HeadShot" Ya. :D

What was that massive Map with loads of Islands 150 Player server? Was it "Laba-Laba Archipelago"? Now, can you imagine that in Squad Omfg...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

 

Éllo Bois..."Kutu" what a classic,deep deep all out action.

Also Loved "Flooded Village" Hmmm that Map was the last time I played against @WARti0k0ne -BG- Do you remember 2015/16 I "BooM HeadShot" Ya. :D

What was that massive Map with loads of Islands 150 Player server? Was it "Laba-Laba Archipelago"? Now, can you imagine that in Squad Omfg...

There's still servers up with those maps in the rotation. About 50 people were playing worldwide the other evening. Almost as many as PR. :) You guys should make a DF/Squad Players Discord and we'll frag Kutu some weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×