Remake   

509 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which map should be made when reaching 200.000 CAD?

• Muttrah City
    • Kokan
    • Al Basrah
    • Fallujah West
    • Iron Ridge
    • Korengal Valley
    • Operation Archer
    • Operation Marlin
    • Shijia Valley
    • Ramiel
    • Other (comment)
    • Kashan Desert

As people said earlier...  

List of all PR maps: http://www.realitymod.com/mapgallery/

Personally i would like to see Saaremaa is Squad.

Thats because of three reasons:

1. Nice woodland in contrast of the common desert maps
  2. Map features USMC vs. Russians (which looks like are soon in Squad because of confirmed Ural-truck http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=28 and MT-LBM https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/offworldindustries/squad/posts/1255636)
  3. When all assets is in game the map can handle them all: Boats, trucks, choppers, APC:s,  jeeps... But you can still have a nice round with only trucks and 50-cal jeeps before the rest gets developed.

My choice of map is mostly due to the possibility of playing it in early stages of the development, and not have to wait 2 years...  :)

mapoverview_gpm_cq_64.jpg

loadbackground4.jpg

A lot of the newer 4k maps in PR are really under-appreciated/underplayed.

Shija - The city in SW corner is awesome to fight in. Would be nice to see Squad reimagine this map on a better more denser edition.

Black Gold - The concept of this map leads to good fights in PR. A remake with a more intense city and better terrain would be nice.

Xiangshan- Hardly ever played, would be cool to see a fresh take on statics for this map

Vadso- A more robust city on the coast would translate to great gameplay.

Yamalia- The shrub land/forest could look a lot better, but the massive desolate forest and trench systems are really fun to defend/attack.

It all depends on factions and theater dedication. No point remaking the map if we don't have the correct faction to utilize it.

The remake doesn't have to mirror the project reality version's exact layout. These maps show how generalized terrain IE: river, city, farmland variants. produce awesome gameplay.

I agree we should definitely update the list.. Muttrah shouldn't be an option considering rhino's post but thats my opinion. I think we should narrow down maps to the factions/statics that are confirmed to be in the making. (I.E Middle East desert and urban enviroments, Eastern european woodlands, etc)

Saaremaa I agree would be an awesome map to have a remake of I forgot about that for some reason. (and it makes sense) Was playing a round in PR today and it was immense

I want Korengal Valley to win, but god damn it I'll vote for Fallujah West if it stops Muttrah from winning.

It was a  tough decision between those two for me too, but Fallujah has my vote for that same reason ha.

And here we have it ladies and gentlemen, an example of why First Past the Post is a terrible voting system ;)

Muttrah? Hasn't the last 6 years been enough? Some people can't even LIVE in a REAL city that long before wanting to move away!

All these messed up people actually voting for Muttrah...

I swear to god, if I have to play that map ever again in any game other than PR I'll eat a brick. Yes, it's a good map but I'll be damned if it doesn't get stale after the 1000th time. 

Not to say I still can't enjoy it, but half the map always goes wasted - I've not seen the US cap South City in years and the fortress in even longer. This is largely due to the asset spam that keeps the US at bay and ends the round before it's had a chance to go that far. Same goes for a lot of other maps because of the AAS routes, and where things fall along the cap order. Well, if Muttrah does make it into Squad, I hope that it doesn't always play out the same.

Also, no love for Pavlovsk Bay in this thread.

Wish Siege at Ochamchira could be in the vote  :D

Yes now

What is people's obsession with desert/Afghanistan maps? Dusty, ugly towns that there are already 200 maps of.

Give us a modern city or a nice European bocage map. Something interesting to fight Russians on, not just desert with a few shrubs and shacks.

And here we have it ladies and gentlemen, an example of why First Past the Post is a terrible voting system ;)

Muttrah? Hasn't the last 6 years been enough? Some people can't even LIVE in a REAL city that long before wanting to move away!

Because Muttrah is like the Dust2 of Counter-strike, old but gold.

No it's like Battlefield 2s Karkand. Fast, spammy and action paced for people with no attention span.

1+ yup well said