Remake   

509 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which map should be made when reaching 200.000 CAD?

• Muttrah City
    • Kokan
    • Al Basrah
    • Fallujah West
    • Iron Ridge
    • Korengal Valley
    • Operation Archer
    • Operation Marlin
    • Shijia Valley
    • Ramiel
    • Other (comment)
    • Kashan Desert

Muttrah city but I guess people will hate but I don't know why as I haven't play PR, what's wrong with this map btw :) ?

Muttrah city but I guess people will hate but I don't know why as I haven't play PR, what's wrong with this map btw :) ?

It is, or certainly was, a very popular map. But it has a repuation for being overplayed. Back in the day there were 24/7 muttrah and Kashan servers.

It's still played regularly, but everyone is too familiar with the key areas and unlike more recent PR maps, it doesn't have different flag/ control points that vary from round to round.

Playing Muttrah is like a married couple having sex, pretty fun, but you mostly go though the motions, you know where everything is and there will hopefully be no suprises.

Hope that explains it.

Cheers, Murkey.

It is, or certainly was, a very popular map. But it has a repuation for being overplayed. Back in the day there were 24/7 muttrah and Kashan servers.

It's still played regularly, but everyone is too familiar with the key areas and unlike more recent PR maps, it doesn't have different flag/ control points that vary from round to round.

Playing Muttrah is like a married couple having sex, pretty fun, but you mostly go though the motions, you know where everything is and there will hopefully be no suprises.

Hope that explains it.

Yeah thks for the explanation

Cheers, Murkey.

Who voted muttrah? Ya' bunch o' trolls!

I personally really liked korengal valley, fallujah west, and sbeneh outskirts.

Who voted muttrah? Ya' bunch o' trolls!

I personally really liked korengal valley, fallujah west, and sbeneh outskirts.

This guy knows what the fucks up!

Muttrah city is a must lol.

My favorite map of PR always was Fallujah though and i would love to see a remake of Ramiel.

Fools Road 100%

Great map. I'm wondering whether it would be British versus Russian forces. It works pretty well with British vs Militia but that would of course require a militia faction.

This would allow a lot of scenarios for Russia vs Militia maps though. Not sure how much of a work load it would require to make a Miltia faction. Mostly AK's, maybe some used by Taliban also? Vehicles can't be that hard, just techies, logi trucks, trans trucks, maybe SPG-techie, brdm and bmp. When I say " not hard " I mean mostly the assets are already in play for other factions.

Muttrah is great, I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Fools Road, because Fallujah and Korengal will be there anyway.

There're too many good ones to choose from, but Dovre (winter) is a recent highlight to me.

I can't understand the hype for Kashan and Muttrah though; maybe it's just because I really dislike the MEC and the G3 (and invariably end up on that side when playing those maps), but Kashan especially is diabolical unless you're playing with friends and have eyes on the heavy assets.

Hope that explains it.

Cheers, Murkey.

Ye pretty much what Murkey said, many PR players are simply sick of Muttrah since its played so much, but it is still the most played map in PR even so :P

TBH Muttrah isn't a very good choice for a remake, at least not in the short term for Squad, since it really requires five things that Squad will need to make from scratch.

1. The USMC faction, or some other Conventional Amphibious Assault Force, complete with an Assault Ship to launch from.
  2. Helicopters, without them Muttrah simply wouldn't work.
  3. A whole new range of Middle Eastern City buildings since the Afghan Buildings simply wouldn't work, not even for the outer suburbs/slums of the city.
  4. A Conventional Middle Eastern Force (MEC / Iran) defending the city. Could put Insurgents in it but wouldn't play like the old map.
  5. APCs and AAV (Amphibious Assault Vehicles) to really help get around the city and help support the infantry.

Would take a lot for Squad to get all of those things made and really isn't worth it for one map, which I feel the community could really do with a break from for a bit :P

When Squad is perhaps fully released and much more developed with a solid foundation and everyone has started to miss the map would be a good time to remake it, but for now, think its better its left out :P

Cheers, Rhino - guy who made Muttrah City for PR:BF2

Sbeneh Outskirts--best map in PR--but only if it has the FSA and the Syrian Arab Army

Hope that explains it.

Cheers, Murkey.

Murkey Sir... I gotta Roflmao!

That to me is the best explanation ever!x

Korengal valley should be the easiest one to do.

You already have the Taliban and US Army, the houses would already work, everything that Korengal needs seems to already be in the game.

I'd really love to see Sbeneh Outskirts though.