Chuc

February 2016 Recap

Willertz   

Does that mean, today the update is released??

Gonna be playing all night long 

B)  B)  B)

Really? Devs, are we getting the update today?

Guys Guys Guys.. share the pot! PLEASE!

On a serious note.. What he actually said was that the patch notes and a monthly recap don't go together meaning that the monthly patch won't contain half the things shown in the recap or even that.. It's just to show us what they did during that/this month. 

FishMan   

Guys where is the "Operation First Light" take place?

Because if it Russia or post-soviet space then we have different water towers...

Our water towers looks like german world war 2 grenades:

360px-Water_tower.JPG

I may be wrong, but i think you cant find towers like this in Russia:

wt-bucket.jpg

It is something peculiar to the Western world, but I can say for sure thay are definitely not usual.

Also a railway semaphore is too civilized for our environment.

We've got something like this:

62862910.jpg

Or like this:

4444.jpg

I am just saying. If you think it's not important or the map is taking place somewhere else - ignore.

Willertz   

Guys where is the "Operation First Light" take place?

Because if it Russia or post-soviet space then we have different water towers...

Our water towers looks like german world war 2 grenade:

360px-Water_tower.JPG

I may be wrong, but i think you cant find towers like this in Russia:

Water_Tower_Tuckerman_AR.jpg

Also a railway semaphore is too civilized for our environment.

We've got something like this:

120759181.jpg

I am just saying. If you think it's not important - ignore.

ignore

FishMan   
Sumari Bala is looking really good, hope we can try it in the upcoming patch.

Great progress as always, keep it up!!

I am excited to Yehorivka, I like the atmosphere. Is this Ukraine?

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE THINGS THAN ALREADY ANNOUNCED!

VEHICLES CONFIRMED GUYS!

I think it was another joke about half-life3...

Zeno965   

Looks really nice. Those map pictures are gorgeous. My only concern is how violent that bolt release on the M4 looks.

Its not unrealistc, we used to smack that thing so hard, not a problem :P

FalkoN   

I drooled a little bit... Great update guys!

One problem though. I was really hoping when the the M4 animation was redone they would have the bolt release actuated with the thumb and not the unrealistic/ silly slapping thing again... Just saying... ;(

Comrade   
Lastly we have re-implemented the way that we handle jumping and stamina to allow for smoother traversal of walls and less frustration and stamina cost, while still stopping bunny-hopping and other game breakers. The system will now allow you to jump at full height with no stamina penalty, but with a loss of forward momentum and jump height for each consecutive jump. This allows you to be able to traverse walls with no worry of suddenly running out of stamina and reduces the frustration of the stamina cost.

Understandable for current polishing but are we ever going to see a mantling animation implemented for these (mostly waist-high) world objects and obstacles that doesn't look as rudimentary as simple jumping over them? Something akin to current Battlefield titles but less wonky and ridiculous looking?

Unrelated but the crouch sprinting, or "roadie run" still going to be a thing? Haven't been around for a while. Just curious.

As always, great update and great work, fellas.

NotBrad   

^to the crouch running thing:

I can run in a crouch and do quite often when playing paintball to move behind cover, it's a bit more tiring than a standing run and a lot slower, but it can be done. I have seen funker530 footage where the soldiers do that same run.

Edit: Oh I see, mistook that for you complaining about it.

I think there is something like that in game, either that or a glitch where starting a sprint from a crouch makes my view height lower while not affecting my actual player model...