Chuc

February 2016 Recap

AMD Performence coming with the new animations?

I hope, running an a R9 390x 8GB GDDR5 and only get around 40-45 FPS on some maps, I have to turn off shadows again while playing on Epic, Kohat is the only map that runs very well and is how I expect Squad to run at release/post-release at a steady 70 FPS on EPIC

the Devs are working with Epic games and AMD to get fixes for it as its to do with the engine itself and not the game.

When its fixed everyone will know and it will be a glorious day :)

Seeing the animation system was also a cause of giving AMD CPU's more stress than finding out your gf might be pregnant. I think we will see a improvement in performance after the animation system is done.

Loving what we will get in this update, but i see no mention regarding the server browser, i really hope you guys managed to fix the ability to reserve a slot when you join a server before loading, NOT after loading in! Almost every damn time i join a server someone beats me too it! And i have noticed so far the same type of tree being used in every map, from Afghanistan based maps to Russian based maps i see the same tree! Is it really not possible to use trees that come with the UE4 editor? Or do you have to pay more for its license if you do so?

N-new American models, senpai?

Other than that, I'm extremely pleased with the amount of content in this recap. (Almost called it a SITREP. Monthly SITREPs instead of Monthly Recaps doesn't sound to bad, though.)

You guys just have me keep coming back!

When might a curious individual such as myself expect to see a list telling me which of those aforementioned features will be made available?

Also, hate to be a negative nelly but since this IS in EA can we see some more unpolished/wip content added with updates? I'd rather that than waiting a month just to find out that vehicles still aren't ready yet...

Awesome. What about True Sky ? When we can have implemented this ? 

Chora continues to snake its way across the valley floor expanding both ways down the river and opening up some new combat areas. We expect another month to finish up the base compound layouts and then 2-3 months of detail polish and tweaking before this map finally gets close to a finished stage. We are also planning to integrate Truesky and some new terrain materials in this time frame as well.

Couldn't see the gifs - my MS edge/IE starting doing 5 downloads which scared me because of the weird names. 

Can't view them outside of the webpage.

What a great update, what i would like to see on all maps thou, is accessible areas up high in buildings/structures for scout and sniper to look out for there squad.

Nice to see the unexpected foliage bending this early... and prospects of doors!  Procedural smoke... breaching doors... just waiting on my shotty, c4 and hook :)

Wow! And here I was, only expecting some "boring" coding for optimization. The foliage thing blew me away, never even expected! GJ as always.

Let me rephrase myself, wow

:)

The EU4 engine is primarily the problem.  There are still some issues with specific maps and other LOD issues Im sure

which are contributing to the issues.  Game engine issues as well as optimization issues combined to pork middlespec users who

don't have a super computer to run this :)

Idea: Destructible lights inside tunnels! They could give you more tactical options!

I want destructive lights as a default across every and any map, frankly.

... we gonna have bending foliage? ..... :mellow: <- still can't comprehend that fact

wow...just...wow :D :D :D

This game is going to be EPIC! I mean, its already epic but when you see this... jizz

Oh, and new maps... gorgeous!!!